“We had a blast for vacation 2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget Biloxi

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget Biloxi to your Saves list
Golden Nugget Biloxi
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   151 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi)   |
Ranked #11 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Dayton, Ohio
“We had a blast for vacation 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful stay there. We had some special needs and they were great in helping get us set up. We had to have a wheel chair accessible room and be quite for our child with autism. The rooms on the side of the hotel were the 3rd floor pool is are the quite ones. We had a wonderful view of the gulf and down I-90.. Our room was big enough for my husband to be able to park his power chair out of the way. The beds were super comfy we slept pretty darn good while we were there. We had a balcony in our room and it was great to go out in the mornings and see what the gulf looked like in the morning.We also got to watch a storm roll in from the gulf. Now that was really neat to see. We tried both pools there, Wow.. the H2O pool was neat, they had music of all kinds playing during the day.. and the staff did a great job of keeping the kiddo's away from the swim up bar area.It is roped off and they would not even let the kids hang on the rope. The 3rd floor pool was really nice also. and quite. It was very relaxing over there. But if you are a people watcher the H2O pool is the one to go to..We did the valet parking when we first checked in. But after that I parked in the parking garage and it was just fine..They do watch to make sure that you have your child with you when you are walking by the machines or down on the main floor. I had no problem with that to be honest. It helped to get the point across to my child that she had to stay with us and not walk off. We had room service every morning and the breakfast food was great and the portions were good for what we ordered. If we head back down to Biloxi again, we will more than likely stay here again. But we are having a grown up vacation then..:)

Room Tip: Rooms over on the side with the pool that is part of the day spa are quite.. We had a wonderful view...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our stay at the Golden Nugget rounded out our summertime tour of the southern United States. Our room was big and beautiful and reasonably priced. Everything was updated and new. The restaurants served good food even after hours. The pool was big and spacious with a large lounging area. I would suggest more umbrellas - the sun can get pretty hot. My only concern with the hotel is that you have to go through the smoky casino area to get to registration and elevator access to the rooms. This is unpleasant for those of us who do not smoke. The valet parking was a bit slow during check out times which is understandable. Otherwise, we enjoyed out stay here. The hotel is within driving distance to several beaches along the Gulf.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to make your reservations. I think you will save money over a thrid party r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kingwood, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The pool area is amazing but the hotel itself is lacking what I have come to expect from a casino/resort. The room was ordinary, we booked one with a terrace and ocean view and got a parking lot view. The room was cramped and lacked features most others offer such a mini frig. My husband and I are both morning coffee drinkers and there was no coffee to brew with and no cream or sweetener. Doesn't seem like a big thing but it just added to everything else. Neither mine or my husbands card key worked. We were on one of the upper floors and each had to walk back to the main lobby to get help. Why at a newly renovated hotel would they not have courtesy phones on the floors? The was a dead bug in our shower, a tiny little tub with a dirty half glass wall that leaked out on the floor when you showered. Very little entertainment. It took over 15 minutes to get a drink order in the casino.
We went to Mortons steakhouse for dinner and I ordered a medium to med well steak w/Oscar topping (crab) about a 60$ steak. It came to me so rare I couldn't eat it. My husband ordered the tuna rare and got it cooked medium. I ordered a drink that took 15 minutes to get. By the time it got there I had already reordered something else. The waitress did offer eventually to "fix" my steak but it would have been even worse, reheated and cooked more. I was not pleased with any of the service.
Overall, we will not be going back there without improvements to the quality of the rooms and the service. Next time I'm in Biloxi, I will be back at the Hard Rock Casino/ Resort... they have a nice pool area and lots of other stuff to keep you entertained. Especially, as a Landry's property which we frequently use, I was utterly disappointed.

Room Tip: go to Hard Rock instead
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

had hotel reservations elsewhere, so cannot rate hotel itself. we visited all casinos in the area and golden nugget was by far the best in payout department. we gambled the 4 days we were there and what we lost at other casinos we won back at golden nugget. as for staff, all those we came in contact with were friendly and helpful.

Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Golden Nugget August 18th and 19th and was very impressed. I stayed in room 1542 and it was more than what I expected for a reasonable price. The staff was very nice. I can't wait to stay again!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my mom to go see a concert at their venue so we decided to stay at the hotel there. The hotel is nice and newly renovated. A little confusing from parking to finding where to check in but the staff was very helpful and friendly. I requested a smoking room when I booked on the hotels website as that was an option (my mother is a heavy smoker and I didn't want her to have to walk to the casino to smoke) but when we checked in we were told all of the hotel rooms are smoke free. I recommended they take the smoking option of the website, and they said they would send the suggestion to the people above them. So my mom did have to walk very far to smoke, but she survived. She was more upset that they wouldn't provide her a chair to sit in for the concert (wondering if we should look into the ADA laws for this) and ended up sitting against the wall the entire show. The hotel is nice and decently priced but I would stay at the hard rock or the four points by Sheraton unless you are seeing a concert at the golden nugget.

Stayed July 2014
destin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at Golden Nugget for the first time since it was renovated from the Isle of Capri. It is a much nicer hotel and casino. Our room was nice if not luxurious. Check in was hassle-free, and no early check-in fee was charged even though we checked in around 2:00. Clara was the clerk who checked us in and she was very professional and helpful.
There's plenty of room in the casino and the high ceilings help with smoke dissipation.
There are several restaurants on site including Bubba Gump's, Morton's steakhouse! and a sports bar as well as the buffet. We decided to try the buffet since we had some food credit. They offered a military discount but wouldn't allow us to combine the military discount with our food credit, which didn't make a lot of sense to us, since the food credit was comped. We ate there anyway and were underwhelmed by the lunch buffet. It was fine for the price but we won't eat there again.
The pool area was a pleasant surprise. We loved that the lounges had cushions, the area was laid out well, and there was a separate area for adults that included a bar in the pool and some blackjack tables. The one large drawback, however, is that smoking is allowed everywhere in the pool. We would like to see a designated smoking area, or perhaps limit smoking to the adult area.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget Biloxi? Share your experiences!