“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget Biloxi

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget Biloxi to your Saves list
Golden Nugget Biloxi
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   151 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi)   |
Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Greenwood, Indiana
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I went for our 30th anniversary. Since it had become the Golden Nugget over a year ago, we expected the remodel to be completed. We were very disappointed. The room was dirty. Apparently it hadn't been painted in quite a few years, the carpet was filthy and the bathroom was not up to par. We have stayed at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas several times and it is beautiful. I guess we expected the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Key West, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We visited this place Last month with my husband's family and friends. The gaming areas were nice. We even had free buffets. I like how they have a startbucks inside as well. I wish they have more stores though.

I just want to express that during our buffet dinner, My husband and one of our friend ate clams and 20 mins later both of them got an upset stomach. My husband got it worst because he was throwing up. We thought it would past when we get back to my in laws but the next day he was still not feeling better making us push our trip to Tampa for another day. The good thing is he got better. I just wished that no one has experience this considering there were plenty people eating dinner at that time.

The place is nice and hopefully this incident will never happen again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

After 2 visits of exquisite service and food it is the best for miles around. We tried several apps as well as noodles and chicken dishes. We haven't tried any desserts but will definitely be going back.

• Stayed August 2013
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Hotel was going thought renovations when I was there two weeks ago. The rooms were very old, the wallpaper was falling off in the bathroom, and the pounding of the workers every morning was very loud.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a great time here for my birthday, our room was not one of the new ones but it was clean and we had a great view of the gulf. I would recommend this hotel, the slots were loose and I was a winner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sautee, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited this Casino because we knew it had been bought by the Golden Nugget and we wanted to see if the slots play had improved. Well, they have changed it all into a good loose casino and it is impressive. They are continuing to make modifications/improvements to the property and their work shows off the improvements. Our visit was the week of 8/18/13 and we will go back to play. The old Isle was awful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Before writing this review, I took the time to read a number of the previous reviews just to see if my impression with my recent stay was in line with others. First off, I think a number of folks did not realize that the Golden Nugget just recently purchased the Isle and have a 4 Phase Upgrade plain which will run through the Spring of 2014 and are investing a huge amount of money into the upgrades. If you have been to their Las Vegas Downtown Casino and Hotel you know that when they are done with the upgrades, Biloxi will have another top quality Casino & Resort. I do agree that during the upgrade process, eliminating the small ($5.60) resort fee would have been a good business decision.

Now for my stay. I stayed two nights in one of their newly upgraded King Junior Suites which includes a lovely Jacuzzi a few feet from this enormous and extremely comfortable king bed. The room was immaculate and the service was excellent. I always enjoy the gaming and the initial upgrade phase included some major improvements in that area with more to come. They now have Morton's the Steakhouse and I do want to try that on my next visit, but this trip I packed very light and really did not have the clothes to eat at Morton's, at least from my perspective. Most of the fine dining restaurants located in the local Casinos seem to have no dress code other than money, but I still feel out of place wearing shorts into a fine dining restaurant.

Overall, though a short stay, it was a wonderful experience and I would most certainly recommend this Casino & Hotel and will no doubt return. Just remember, they are in the middle of a major upgrade which is expected to last through the Spring of 2014 so keep that in mind when making a reservation and you might want to contact them directly and ask for a room location which might be out of harms way of the upgrade process.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Golden Nugget Biloxi? Share your experiences!