“Good, about to get better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget Biloxi

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget Biloxi to your Saves list
Golden Nugget Biloxi
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   151 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi)   |
Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Tallahassee
“Good, about to get better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Isle is undergoing some big renovations, including to guest rooms. I stayed for one night in May 2013 and found my room to be clean and comfortable, with the usual amenities, and a good deal at $49 a night. Pleasant staff, self- and valet-parking, nice little casino, and a delicious grilled cheese and tomato sandwich in the lobby restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Since some hotels charge deposits and some don't I always call ahead to find out. Well their front deal told me they didn't so when I got there I ended up having to use my food money for the deposit . Our room walls were nasty, one bes had hairs on the sheet, maid service unlocked our door and walked in without knocking, wall outlets were falling out of the wall. Very very disappointed

• Stayed May 2013
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had to wonder if it's really fair to give a review of this hotel, since they're undergoing a renovation. But then I thought that they're changing their exterior and their updating their rooms, but I can still review services and amenities, so here goes.

Be prepared for a long walk to get to the registration desk. I don't see this changing after the renovation is complete. The attendant in the parking area asked if we wanted him to call a shuttle for us, we said yes, but he never did, because he decided he wanted us to call a bellman. (I noticed on another review that someone wanted a shuttle but one wasn't called.) We ended up just lugging our bags the whole way (did I mention it's a long walk?).

Registration went smoothly. The young lady told us she was putting us on the fifth floor and that we shouldn't hear any noise from the building construction there. She was wrong. At 8 AM one morning and at 0730 the next, we could quite clearly hear construction hammering, drilling, and voices. They sounded as if they were right above us. Not a nice wake up call.

We ate twice in The Buffet, one of the restaurants in the facility. Both times, let's just say we both spent a bit of time in the restroom after eating there. We didn't have that issue when we ate at other places.

There was only two bath towels in our room on arrival. A housekeeping cart happened to be right outside, and I asked the young lady if I could have a couple more towels for our room. She said I'd have to call housekeeping to bring some up. Oooookay. They did bring the towels promptly after I called, but I thought this was a bit weird.

The staff really promotes their bellmen and valets. I was waiting on a hotel shuttle bus to make a turn so I could self-park, and the driver rolled his window down and asked me if I was lost. I told him no, and he said "the best place for you to be is in our valet lot". I thought this was rather presumptive and rude.

I don't care much for gambling--I'm not too good at it--so I really can't rate the casino. This is not a non-smoking casino, if anyone is interested in that. The Palace, across the road, is non-smoking. I mention this because if you park where you have to walk through the casino and are a non-smoker, you'll have smoke smell on you after the walk.

Overall, you may want to just wait until the renovations are complete and the chaos has settled before staying here.

Room Tip: Find one away from construction noise if at all possible. A junior suite offers a good view of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Covington, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Out With the Old and In With the Gold, or something like that. You can see the new sign~ Above the open breeze way. Nice action around the pool last Saturday between 2-6. You can catch the sun rays, off The Gulf of Mexico and listen to live music by, Walter DJ Hyphee Pennington. Clean family fun for all ages, at this present time. Marina view is one to see @ Golden Nugget in Biloxi, Mississippi. Large rooms, power shower, nice bed with fan above, cool view! Yes, they are in change from Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi' mixing staff. It's all cool! Had one heck of a time. Machines paid off, with enough play to roll for some time. Service staff stays busy and continues to be very kind. Buffet needs some help. The food is good yet, I feel they can move that forward with the right backbone. They allowed a late check out, due to my late flight out. Last casino at the foot of the bridge entering and exiting the Biloxi location.~~Cherie Munster, Covington, Louisiana

Room Tip: Overlooking the Gulf Coast Line (west) Overlooking the Bay (east) Large rooms with plenty of bath...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
puerto vallarta mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

the casino was great. but the hotel room was not so good. no telephone . it didnt work at all it was suppose to be a deluxe room there was nothing deluxe about it. hotel front check in was not a pleasant exprience at all. the only thing that was nice was the bed was very comfortable. the cleaning staff were very pleasant and certainly went out of there way for us. coffee machine was just a piece of garbage. and i burnt my self with it as the handle was just hanging by a thread. no i would never stay there again.. please be careful if u book a deluxe room i dont beleive u will get it. thanks jean o.pickering ontario candada

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
São Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking just for a 3 star-hotel stay will not be disappointed. Even though the decor is a bit flashy, with panels and bed spread displaying parrots, macaws and parakeets, and the rooms are starting to show their age, the rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms are clean. The hotel changed hands recently and is being renovated.

The property has 2 restaurants, a low priced all-you-can-eat buffet, tasty but with few options, and an informal bar/dinning room (what would be called a “café” in Las Vegas). Again, for a 3 star hotel, this is adequate – for a 3 star hotel-casino it’s a very poor offer. But as the new owner is a serious player in the food industry, you can expect an improvement in the restaurant line-up.

However, if you want a casino experience, you would be better off looking somewhere else. For now, the place is just a big, non-descript, gambling emporium, with tight machines, a handful of table games and a low end clientele. All other casinos I’ve visited in town had better ambience and better food.

In the bright side, it seems that management is aware of these shortcomings and has been pricing their rooms at attractive rates to compensate them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Satellite Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Let me start by saying that the hotel/casino is now owned by The Golden Nugget. They are in the middle of a major renovation. There was construction going on, the rooms were dated and the casino was old, dated and in desperate need of updating, especially the old stained carpeting. On the other hand, customer service was great. The entire staff was very nice and accommodating. We did not have a single problem that wasn't handled promptly and courteously. The price was right. I needed 4 rooms or my crew and myself and was glad to get such a good deal for the weekend. Had this been a "Couples" trip I probably wouldn't have stayed. I'll be back to Biloxi next year. I would love to see what it looks like after the renovation is complete.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Golden Nugget Biloxi? Share your experiences!