“Avoid this place at all cost” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget Biloxi

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget Biloxi to your Saves list
Golden Nugget Biloxi
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   151 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi)   |
Ranked #25 of 45 hotels in Biloxi
“Avoid this place at all cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms look like they haven't been updated since the 1970's, carpets are stained and disgusting, the staff has been very unfriendly and the "casino" is a joke, they have a lot of newer slots and a large table area but they aren't operational!!! The old slots all crammed into a small space on the second floor are currently being swapped out for new machines that also aren't operational , the six gaming tables are crammed together in a small area upstairs along with the tightest slots in biloxi. This is our first visit to this hotel, please don't make the same mistake we did, you would be better off renting a place in Alabama and driving everyday that staying here

• Stayed February 2013

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Eating and drinking locations on premise were limited. Casino fun. Resort was nice property. Would stay there again. View of the Gulf of Mexico from room balcony was beautiful at sunrise. Room very clean and bathroom same.

Room Tip: Room was very clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place was a disorganized mess. Carpeting was stained and worn in rooms and hallways. Bathroom had not been cleaned properly. It did come equipped with a hairdryer, coffeemaker, and flat screen, desk, small table and a couple chairs. Beds were comfy. The shower spray was lpainful -- like needles. The casino was spread out upstairs and down. Couldn't find a decent place to eat. There were three restaurants but two of them were always closed. We did eat once at the restaurant near the Registration desk. First of all, it was FREEEEEZING cold. Waitress said she has told management many times that customers are complaining but they won't do anything about it. 3 out of 4 of us were not happy with our meal. Registration desk staff were friendly and check in/out was easy. We stayed on Monday-Tuesday nights and got a decent "senior" rate of $59/night. Of course, it adds up to a lot more with all the taxes and fees they add on, but you get that everywhere. I would NOT stay here again. We visited most of the casinos while we were here -- enjoyed HARDROCK casino the best -- but not sure how the rooms would be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hernando, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel looks gorgeous in pictures, but it is not so in person. The rooms are run down and grungy looking. Stains on the carpet, chips in the bathtub, water smelled strongly of sulfer, and feather bedding (which most people are allergic to). I dealt with it. We stayed 2/1/13 and 2/2/13, which totaled roughly $400. On that Monday, I noticed two pending charges for $218 and $536 on my card. I called them and they said it was because I didn't show for my Saturday reservation .. When I booked in Friday, they just booked me another room for Saturday and ultimately charged me for two rooms. They said they'd refund my card. By Wednesday, I had more credits totaling $1,068. I had to cancel my debit card and be issued another one. The credits FINALLY came through four days after being told they were issuing them. I will NEVER stay here again and do not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Queen Balcony, room 920. The view would be gorgeous if not for the huge building ne...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hydes, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The casino itself shows it's age and it is VERY smoky. The room however, was very nice and looked like it had been recently renovated. Nice large bathroom and feather bed. Staff was very friendly. Valet is free and fairly convenient. Check out the restaurant/bar that is across from the check-in area. I had the seafood gumbo and it was good - my husband had the steak quesadilla and it was awesome!! Very friendly bartender.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Isle of Capri Hotel is dated, but not so dated that it's not worth staying in.
My last visit was to celebrated my birthday and what a let down. First, let me say that we were in a VIP suite that was really not bad at all. And that's there it ends.

I ordered room service the first night and it was wonderful. The man who brought it up, set up the table, placed our plates and napkins out, and was very pleasant.

The next night I ordered room service and it was a nightmare.A different delivery man showed up and just rolled the cart in the room with the food about to fall off. Then most disgusting thing happened. I was going to open the little mayo jar and noticing there was no seal on it. I thought, "Maybe they opened it for me." Well, when I opened the jar, you could see the knife marks left behind from the PRIOR user! The thought of someone licking their knife and putting it back in the mayo jar and then it being delivered to me was nauseating! I called room service and told them of this and they said they would get a new jar to me ASAP. Well, a half hour later, the food was getting cold, so I did without. Then I went to have a nice cup of coffee, only to discover they delivered a large pot of hot tea. I called room service again and told them that I would like the coffee I ordered. They brought up the new mayo jar instead. People you can't make this stuff up! And let's not forget I was in a VIP suite!
In their defense, they did comp the used mayo jar (and the meal that went with it.)
I say they comped it, but I lost enough money in the casino so they actually didn't lose a penny.
We ended up checking out and going to the Beau, where I also had comped rooms waiting.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. If you stay here and order room service, inspect EVERYTHING before you touch it...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Most awful experience! Booked online only to find they had charged my credit card immediately and for the same day I booked, when I wasnt to be there for over a month. Refused to give me a refund even though their website malfunctioned. Women was rude and refused to give me to a manager then hung up on me.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Golden Nugget Biloxi? Share your experiences!