“second time around” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget Biloxi

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget Biloxi to your Saves list
Golden Nugget Biloxi
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   151 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi, MS 39530 (Formerly Isle Casino Hotel Biloxi)   |
Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Holbrook, New York
“second time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

second time at this casino/hotel and had a wonderful time again. room with a balcony overlooking the gulf and marina was beautiful. staff extremely friendly. was hoping hotel was being remodeled at the time we were going there but the remodeling wont be done until later this year and next. still room was very clean and comfortable. slot machines were a little bit more friendlier than last time around. comps were great. when the remodeling is done, this will be a beautiful resort.

Room Tip: if you are a player, you will be treated royally.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed 9/22/12

Our room had the following deficiencies:
1. Toilet would not flush paper (slow drain)
2. Tub/shower was dirty and water drips constantly
3. Wallpaper in bathroom was peeling
4. Bed was lumpy
5. A butt imprint was on the bed by the phone, on the covers (icky)
6. Room was very stuffy, no fresh smell
7. Sheets were both under and over the comforter. I didn't want to look at the comforter, since they made it obvious the comforter doesn't get washed.

Positives:
1. Restaurant was very enjoyable
- drinks were good
- food was tasty with large portions
2. Balcony had great view
3. Plenty of covered parking, with valet option
4. Only 20 minutes from outlet mall
5. Nice pool and sun deck
6. Gym onsite with most any equipment needed

• Stayed September 2012
Petal, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

A friend and I attended an event in Biloxi in August. Rooms at the venue were double the price of the Isle Casino Hotel, which is less than a mile away. It seemed a more sensible choice. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly, no problems at all really. However, when my friend and I walked into our room we couldn't help but have a good laugh. Oh my! The decor! Whoever decorated this hotel room was either obsessed with Hawaiian shirts or Jimmy Buffet himself donated his services! First there were the bedspreads printed with wildly-colored parrots (I'm not kidding) and the "tiki" style lamps over our beds. Then, there was the completely unexplainable thick red line painted all around the top of the walls. Also, the coffee maker was on a pull-out tray...directly above the bathroom toilet! (we skipped the in-room coffee). The hotel and casino is one of the orginal ones ever built on the Mississippi coast when gambling was first made legal here. It's simply just very outdated when you compare it to the Beau Rivage and Hard Rock casinos just next door. I still think it was the best value for our money in this circumstance and we had a good stay. We will always have fond memories of the hilariously decorated room!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
damascus,ar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I read all of them and for our budjet we had to stay there. It was nice. The rooms were clean, they did not smell bad and they were much nicer than we expected after we read all the bad reviews. The staff was nice all except the check in person was just a little rude and short, although we went for the hurricane Issac 8/27/12 and the employees were under a little extra stress. All was good considering the conditions. All the places to eat were closed except one and it was good. There wasn't 25 couples in the whole hotel and they closed down the morning of the 28th and we had to leave. I would go again but not in a hurricane, I'll stay on higher ground next time.

Gary & Wilma

Room Tip: Nice place no beach but there is a little one about 3 blocks away.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Talihina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wish I had read tripadvisor before I booked here. It is very run down, carpets dirty, furniture worn-out. I knew it was a smoking casino but didn't realize just how bad it would smell, not being a smoker. We changed rooms twice and each was room was just as bad. We will not return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We are currently staying here for two nights. Despite some of the horrid reviews I've read, it's really not that bad. We are on the 9th floor and although it has a funky smell, it is a nonsmoking floor, which I appreciate. The room is outdated with old tv, but with lots of great channel selections. The front desk personnel was super nice, even though we checked in hours before the official time. Our room is very clean, and the bed is not the best, but definitely not the worse. The pool is fantastic! Two level infinity, with an additional huge hot tub. Al of the staff (security, wait, housekeeping, players club, etc.), have been so nice. We didn't win in the casino, but we can't count on that anyway. For the low price, we have no complaints. Oh, a bonus, on the second floor Of the casino, a guy makes homemade, cut to order sandwiches for just $3.00! Along with the free beverages, this makes a wonderful dinner!

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Isle for 4 nights to celebrate My husbands birthday. Our reservation was for Thursday to Sunday but we got to biloxi at 1 am Wednesday night so we called to see if we could add a day. The phone rep said they could add the night on but for the full $99 price- he wouldn't even give us the $79 Internet price but we took it so we didn't have to move from another hotel in a few hours. Check in was easy at that time of the night but there was not a valet or bellman in sight either. After making it to the room with our stuff we stayed up playing in the casino until 5am- I won at every thing I played :) also won the next day- then when Friday came around it was tight tight tight! We played at almost all the casinos and it was the same at all of them except the Grand-I won nothing in there on any day. The Isle has great live music thurs-sat night and it's a fun atmosphere but the food is just so so and the rooms are in desperate need of upgrading. I have always liked the casino here and hope the nugget keeps the slots loose, but they have to pay for the upgrades somehow lol. The housekeeping people were friendly but I had a couple issues- we had a smoking room but there was not an ashtray anywhere in the room. They only give you two bath towels and the last night of our stay they forgot to even give us those! Also, they didn't replace the coffee- I had to go out in the hall and get some towels and coffee from one of the carts- the lady did apologize and she was very nice. The bed was not comfortable to say the least- hopefully they replace all the beds :) the old tvs need to go as well. We saw no bugs of any kind for three days- the last night there I saw a small baby roach- crawling on the desk! It tried to hide behind a picture on the wall but the hubby was able to get it lol For my husbands birthday he got a free dinner at the hard rock buffet- while in there I was sitting at the table and it was one against the wall with the long bench seat- I saw a roach in here as well and it crawled down behind the back of the bench seat- the family at the table next to us saw it too and they asked me not to tell their wives or they would have a fit lol Good thing we were done eating so I could get out of there. I'm sure every hotel has issues with bugs, they are in the south-but it is unsettling to see them in the eating establishments ya know? We stopped in the IP on the way out and had their Sunday buffet- it was spectacular! Prime rib to die for and all kinds of tasty food-we stopped at the players club to get the new card and the very nice lady there gave us free buffets for my husbands belated birthday! I would have liked the buffet even if we payed though :) I think we will try the IP next trip since Boyd gaming owns it now. The Isle is a lot cheaper on fri-sat nights and it is a good deal if you are not looking for all the luxury- we love the rooms at the hard rock but it was $200 more on fri and sat nights for them and the beaux- that's $400 added to the trip. I guess it is personal preference - or a budget thing. The isle was the only hotel besides the beaux that actually had rooms available for all the nights we needed. We love Biloxi and will go back again- we loved the old Grand before Katrina- and wouldn't stay anywhere else- now we may try a new one each trip :) the beaux is very nice so is the hard rock- the Isle was ok, but hope its better when the new owners take over.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget Biloxi? Share your experiences!