“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

After reading a couple of reviews we weren't sure but this hotel turned out to be a very nice place - as most of the Quality Inns we have stayed at are. The desk help was very friendly and helpful - looked up several numbers for us that we couldn't find and gave us an extended check out time. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. The frig made a funny noise but that's not much to worry about. All in all a great value for the price - would stay again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I have stayed at Quality Inn's before and this one needs much work. Rooms are too small and need a good update and cleaning. Breakfast was awful. I won't be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

My wife and I were travelling to the Outer Banks, NC, and had driven too many miles the day we arrived. We checked in and appreciated the room and its comfortable and clean bed and sheets. As tired as were, we enjoyed crossing the street and wading out into the Gulf of Mexico under a beautiful moon. Breakfast was delicious and the breakfast area was clean and well-maintained. We enjoyed seeing the home of Jefferson Davis and how Biloxi had emerged after Hurricane Katrina.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Lake Ozark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Nice room, godd location right across from the beach. You have to walk across a divided 4 lane road to get to the beach. So you will need to pack to carry everything to the beach. Although we did not use them there are rental umbrella and lounges available directly across from the motel. The pool and pool area were very well maintained. We did notice a few maintenance items around the motel, but nothing that impacted our stay. There was a coffee maker in the room. The breakfast buffet was basic fare the standard cereal, waffel, donut fare with the addition of biscuits and gravy.
there are still a lot of issues with the Biloxi area. You will have to drive to do pretty much of anything. Most of what you want or need is a couple of blocks North on Pass road. The ocean and beach are not as clean as some, and there a basically no shells. All of this I assume is still from the hurricane.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
ethel, la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We are very happy with our stay at this hotel. Beautiful beach is across the street. You can rent lounge chairs with umbrellas on the beach for $25 for the day, they only accept cash. They also have jet ski and paddle boats for rent.
Hotel rooms are very clean and nice. No problem getting extra towels.
The only thing they don't have is a place to wash off the sand after coming to the beach. We just jumped in the pool.
Breaksfast had many choices, and the staff was more than helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Canton Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed in this motel BEFORE Katrina, and it was nice, but not fantastic. It has been refurbed into a new brand (Quality VS Holiday Inn Express) , and in its new incarnation, a bit more spendy, albeit still the same old place. I imagine that with all the hurricanes, it is easy to get the rents they are asking, but , personally, I am not impressed. The rooms have been worked on, but the workmanship was not impressive. Its location, right on the beach, did make it desirable,but its overall seamy, decrepit feel made it less than appetizing to stay longer than one night. Good Breakfast, great pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chipley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Wow, what a tremendous disappointment! I stay at Quality Inn's all the time, but $152.00 a night for this place was absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the General manager was extremely rude in making the comment "I have never seen an ID like this, it looks homemade!" in refering to my service dogs identification. She went on to tell me how they had my credit card and would charge any cleaning fees to it for my dog... I did inform her that was highly illegal since he was a service dog. The irony is, a service animal is not required to have ANY ID according to Federal Law. I can only believe she didn't know what she was talking about and was trying to bluff me....
I definately would never stay here again, and definately would not recommend it to anyone I know.
The rooms were okay, but needed some attention. The coffee maker needed cleaning, it had dried coffee grounds in the filter basket, which is weird because they use the pre-packaged coffees.
No view of ocean available even though it is across the street from the Gulf of Mexico.
I will say the clerk that checked us in was very sweet inspite of the General Manager who was an A hole!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
gm4ms200, Manager at Quality Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, April 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologized for your unpleasant experience while staying at our Quality Inn, Biloxi, Ms. Since our hotel is "not pet friendly", I was called by one of our guest agent, that a guest checking in had a dog. I was then informed by the guest: "It's a service animal and I have paperwork to prove it ...(guest presented laminated ~4x6 card w/dog photo & registered #)...and that it would be against the law not allowing service animal..." I acknowledged that by law ALL businesses must to allowed Service Animals...including us. I did stated: " I have not seen an ID of this kind ..." (Although I am aware that there are legal documents for Service Animals; I have not seen any and this is the first encounters.) I also stated: "Please be advised that if the dog caused any damages to the room, we would charge cc on file for damages..."
Again, please accept my apology, if I have presented myself unprofessionally or rude. Thank you for letting us know what we need to improve on; and will continue to strive and do our best to provide all our guest with the best customer service in the future.