“Exactly what I expected but bonus of great, easy location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Memphis, Tennessee
“Exactly what I expected but bonus of great, easy location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a basic room, nothing fancy, but matched the price point. Bonus was being able to walk directly across the street to the beach. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I had a problem with the lamp when I arrived and it was fixed by the time I got back from my first outing. They provided a roll-away as advertised. Breakfast was fine: hot waffles and hard boiled eggs added to the usually mundane free breakfasts of this sort of hotel. Staff was friendly and very helpful and recommended an excellent restaurant providing exactly what we asked for. I have no complaints. And, with being a "Choice" member, allowed for a 2 p.m. check out, which was nice to get in a full morning at the beach and still be able to shower. This is not a destination hotel experience but is fantastic for what I wanted: a cheap room, 100% walkable to the beach, included breakfast AND free IN-ROOM wifi. Delivered all as promised. I would go again.

Room Tip: These are exterior doors, so I prefer a second floor option, but you do have to climb stairs in that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
NYNY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This property eminently represents the trend in the American hospitality business that makes travel in this country a drag: The hospitality professionals are few and far between; the bean counters are everywhere and have turned ineptitude into a fine art. This place is a school example of bad decision making. I don't know what a hotel pays for the gizmo with a chrome frame and nylon straps that folds out and provide a place for your suitcase. $10? $20?? probably no more than that. Yet, they didn't think this one was past its prime because its frame surface was only 60-80% corrosion and rust. The same went for the chrome handle on the toilet tank. Bad management. If they lose one guest because of this shenanigans, they could have bought 100 toilet tank handles for the lost revenue. And here's a good one: On my bill was a $1.50 charge for a combination safe. I hadn't noticed it. Wife pointed it out when she studied the bill. Since this apparently is a compulsory charge, why not add $1.50 to the room charge when there is a safe (which probably couldn't keep out a teenager with a vice grip)? The AC in my room was the loudest in years. I could go on, but I researched who actually owns this idiocy: Same thugs that have irritated me for years with properties like Comfort(s), Sleep Inn (not), Rodeway and on and on. Keep driving, fellow victims!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Benton, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was very clean and was right across from the beach. We enjoyed the morning breakfast bar as the Waffle House next to the hotel was blown away when Katrenia struck. The employees from the front desk to the house staff were very nice.
The beach didn't meet my expectations, I would stay again if driving through but not for a vacation .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right across the street from the sand and gulf waters, a very short walk. We didn't plan on staying in Biloxi but felt a little tired when driving along the beach and found this place. The pool looked nice too. The room was ok and clean.

• Stayed August 2013
Columbus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room was clean, everything worked. Pool stays open till 10:00pm. If you go to bed earlier than this, you need a room outside, not next to the pool. Breakfast is furnished. It was not elaborate but Biscuits & Gravy were good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chester, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night while visiting relatives in Gulfport. It was poring down rain when we got into town so we never got to use the pool or the beach, but it is in a great location right across the street from the beach. The hotel & room were clean & we appreciated the microwave & mini fridge in the room.
The breakfast was nice & kept stocked. The breakfast room was plenty big also. Most hotels cram the waffle maker at the end of the bar in everyone's way but they have it on a separate bar here. There is a mini waffle maker on the bar with everything else though.

Would definitely stay here again; no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gallion, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am a platinum elite member of the frequent traveler program of a major competing hotel group. When in Biloxi last week, I was displaced from my hotel at 11 pm at night due to a broken sprinkler head two floors above my room. The Biloxi fire marshal did what he was required to do and told us the hotel would not be allowed to house guests with an inoperable fire suppression system. The general manager of the hotel then told the sever hundred guests who had spent the last two hours standing in the parking lot with no information and no access to their belongings to go find other rooms. No effort was made on the part of the manager to assist the guests. The firemen did, however, allow us, one floor at a time, to get our things. Only by refusing to leave the front desk did I get someone to locate an available room and was directed to this property. Several others had heard my conversation at the damaged hotel and followed us to this property. There was only one young man at the front desk at this hour of the night and he was brilliant. He was answering the phone - more calls from people left ignored by the original hotel - finding available space (Biloxi is busy in the summer) and getting people to roomsas close to their needs as possible. I needed an additional night but he told me that their system showed them sold out the following night but if I could check with the desk in the morning, he would alert them and they could probably sort it out. The next morning, the charming lady on duty knew exactly what my situation was and already had a solution prepared that allowed me to remain in the same room for my additional night. Exceptional effort, especially compared to the manager at the original hotel who simply left people in the middle of the night to find alternate housing in a busy tourist beach town.

It is an older property but well kept and attractive. Comfortable king size bed, big flat screen tv with big cable selection, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, wifi, and a complementary hot breakfast for a rate lower than the original hotel. I don't need glitz and fancy when I travel but appreciate some basics and quality service from a hotel staff. This property did their job well in an unusual situation. I enjoyed Biloxi and will probably select this hotel over my normal chain if I return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!