“Avoid the pain - Location, Location, Location” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Sparks, Nevada
“Avoid the pain - Location, Location, Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

This review is based on a number of smaller items adding up to an less than favorable stay all based on 'Location'. The three locations that made my families trip miserable was room location near the pool, room location on the bottom floor and hotel location to the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.

First I will tell you about room location near the pool. We were in room 518 that was right near the pool, which seemed nice so my child could come and go without concern. The problem began with the pool hours. The hours were 9 to 9 but were not enforced. This became a problem when I had to call the front desk around 1 am each morning to ask them silence the partying. Most of the people weren't swimming but using the area as gathering place and they were far from concerned about their noise level.

The second area of location concern is the Mississippi Coast Coliseum. During our stay from 3/27 - 3/31 there was a Battle of the Bands right next door at the coliseum. The hotel had a large number of attendees at this event who returned late in the evening and were eager to stand by the pool, run between other rooms, etc to share their experiences. The slamming of doors, loud laughter and general partying was felt well into the early morning.

The third location was being on the bottom floor. The walls and ceiling thickness are relatively thin. When doors slam anywhere within 2 rooms of distance you feel the vibration. You can also enjoy listening to others music and tv in rooms adjacent and above you.

In summary I would say that the room was clean and standard 2 star, the staff was very, very friendly and helpful (which kept this review from getting one star), the breakfast was meager at best, and the facilities were standard. I believe my stay was a disaster due to the Battle of the Band attendees. The Sunday night was quiet and peaceful after most of them went home. You might enjoy your stay at this hotel if you stay on the second floor away from the pool (definitely on the weekends) and on a date where the Coliseum has a flower show or something similar.

• Liked — The staff was exceptional
  • Disliked — Late night partying around the pool that was supposed to be 'closed'.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Motel across the street from beach is well maintained and clean. Motel refurbished after Katrina so seemed like a new motel without the new prices. Great mattress, flat screen TV,
new furniture, decent continental breakfast, very friendly staff. Pool was beautiful, even on our cold morning stay. Not far from casinos that are now hopping! No nearby restaurants since Katrina swept them away and chains have not rebuilt, but you're not far from casino restaurants or those on freeway a few miles away. Motel was lucky during Katrina as their neighboring large, beautiful old Southern homes did disappear. Lots of reconstruction going on so Biloxi is coming back strong.

• Liked — Cleanliness and new furnishings (especially the great mattress)
  • Disliked — No nearby restaurants (due to Katrina destruction)
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

The hotel looks newly renovated, with a large clean pool, and situated right across the street from the beach. We took a room on the first floor so we could park the bikes in front of the window.
The room was clean and the area offered pretty good privacy. Continental breakfast was great - they have a waffle press and lots of fresh fruits.
The inn is pretty far from convenience stores and restaurants. However, a 1.5 mile walk north (away from beach) gets you to a large shopping center (Walmart, Winn Dixie, etc) and sveral places where you can eat.
The beach is ok, but water is only knee deep half a mile offshore.

Stayed September 2007
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

This was a last minute decision to visit with my son before he left for Iraq. I had no idea where we were going, never heard of this town before so I started researching on the internet. The properties my son recommended were booked for part of our stay so I chose the Quality Inn after researching on line, a quick look at Trip Adviser, and speaking with someone over the phone first. My husband, myself and my son's girlfriend went. I think the idea of this being "located across the street from the beach" made my decision. Little did I know the beaches in this area are really not for swimming. The hotel would have been fine for the purpose of this visit, just to see our son again and spend some time with him. But due to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, still two years later, there was nothing surrounding this hotel within walking distance, not even one restaurant , and all the hotel offered was a continental breakfast. Even the beach did not look that nice. We had to take a cab back to the airport ($30. one way) to rent a car. But, there were no cars to rent till half way through our stay, so we decided to move into the downtown area. The pool was nice enough and the rooms were ok, nothing fancy, no in room safe, and no cell phone reception inside the rooms. The staff were pleasant and helpful as our luggage did not arrive with us and they had plenty of toiletries to get us through one night and the next morning. The continenetal breakfast was well stocked and sufficient. This would be a nice hotel for a place to sleep and cool off in the pool, but if you don't have your own transportation, don't book here. I mentioned overpriced in the heading here, because the hotel we ended up staying at, in town, with more amenities and a lot newer, nicer furnishings, cost a lot less. I'll review that hotel next, The Isle of Capri.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Humboldt, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

My husband, two children (ages 8 & 9), and I went to Biloxi for a short vacation on the spur of the moment. We chose the Quality Inn in Biloxi because it was closer to home than other beaches, closer to New Orleans (which we visited one day of our stay), and we receive
a 20% discount to stay at a choice hotel from our insurance company.

Overall, our stay was great. The hotel is right across the street from the beach. This is as close as you can get at Biloxi since no hotels are right on the beach. The room was satisfactory and had a microwave and refrigerator that came in handy. When we were at the hotel, my kids loved the swimming pool. The free breakfast was decent
as well. It consisted of your basic cereals, muffins, sweet rolls, bagels, toast, fruit, and waffles. You make your own waffle, which I did each morning, but there is only one waffle iron and each waffle takes 2 minutes to cook, so the line for the waffle iron can get a bit long.

On the downside, there was no cold water in our room. I had to get ice from the ice machine and let it melt so that we could rinse our mouths in cold water when brushing our teeth. The pillows on the bed were quite hard. The maid service did not come for the first two days
we were there. We called the front desk and requested them to come one morning to change bed sheets and provide clean towels. The girl at the desk said she would be sure they did. However, when we returned from the beach that evening (we spent the day at Ship Island), the maid had not come. My husband called again, and of course the girl on shift at that time didn't know anything about it, but she said she would see what she could do. Eventually, the maid did come. I also tried to get some help from the girl at the front desk concerning a movie theater and/or showtimes or a new HBO guide so we could see what was coming on. The guide in the room was from June and had not been replaced. She couldn't help me at all, but I think she was doing the best she could.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, though it definitely wasn't our best experience. You get what you pay for, and for the money, I feel that what we got was decent.

• Liked — Close to the beach and the pool
  • Disliked — no cold water in bathroom sink
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

We stayed at the Biloxi Beachfront on July 3oth & 31st,the rooms were clean except for the carpet (moldy smell),we purchased some air freshener and it helpd a lot,We didn't find out until check in time that the hotels restaurent was no longer in operation and the pool area needed some work,but even with the problems the location was so good that it made made the place seem a lot better than it was,we walked across to the beach and could have easily walked to several restaurants,for the location i'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

Me and my family stayed here for July 1-July 4th. We had the most time at the beach across the street. We had a pool at the hotel, but sometimes it got too overcrowded. Also, the pool had time limits on when it opened from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. the pool stayed overcrowded so alot of days, I didn't get a chance to swim as I wanted. I didn't like the pool hours AT ALL. For all the money that I paid to stay for those 3 days, I should have been able to swim...when I felt like it. Would I stay at this hotel again? Sure......if we had unlimited access to the pool.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Quality Inn Biloxi? Share your experiences!