“Good and Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Brookhaven, Mississippi
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The good first. Quick weekend trip decided on the Hampton. The front desk staff was very friendly and check in was fast. This seems to be an older motel but it was very clean , Was on the 3rd floor and it was very quite. Now the bad.. Had a king bed and it was terrible. This one should have been changed a long time ago. We only stayed one night. I could have not slept on it another night. This made for a very worn out next day..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our front desk staff was helpful and they got you checked in. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and I am glad that you found it to meet your expectations. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We normally get great reviews about the comfort of the beds at Hampton Inn. I hope that if you are in the area again, that you will stay with us and give our beds one more chance. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lakeland,tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stood at the front desk calling for someone to check me in (around 3 in the afternoon) before they showed up at the desk. The woman seemed annoyed that we were there and we did not feel welcomed. We were given a room where the head board was against the elevator wall and asked to be changed. The same person as we had checking us in said that she did not have anything else but then gave us a handicapped room. If I was handicapped, there was no way I could have reached the shower handle as it was modified with a cheap handheld that did not have moving up and down capabilities and was very close to the celing. i am not handicapped so not an issue for me but the water pressure was so low that it took forever to get the shampoo out of my hair. The curtains were falling down at one end of the window - so light streamed in very early in the morning. the baby screaming next door was also an issue. The only person who was nice to us was the day we checked out. She managed the breakfast area and she helped me get coffee, which is all we had because the breakfast area was full without enough seating. We check out one day early because the hotel was aweful. We stayed there once before and it was fine. The rooms are very small and tight. My husband had to fight with the desk that was up against the bed to get in and out of bed. We did request a suite when we booked, but were told that there were none.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously, and appreciate it as a valuable teaching tool. I have shared your comments with my entire team. I was very disappointed to learn you found received poor service when you first checked in and that the second room you stayed in, had some maintenance issues that inconvenienced you. We rarely receive negative comments, so, when we do, we address any issues immediately with our team to ensure that the same mistakes are not repeated. Our corporate office will also receive a copy of your comments, so you can rest assured that these issues will be addressed.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team at the property. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and we know that you have many places to choose from for your lodging needs. I would appreciate it if you could please give us another opportunity.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that I can do for you.
Bonaire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Overall, I thought the stay at the Hampton was very good. The lobby, room, and hotel in general was clean and displayed professionalism on the part of the staff. They had goodie bags prepared for those customers who did not have time to eat their continental breakfast. Remembered thinking to myself, what a good gesture. The location was within close proximity of the casinos.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be professional. Our guest love our On the Go Breakfast Bags. They are perfect for people who may be in a hurry and do not have time to enjoy our hot breakfast. Again, thank you for the great review, and I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited this property 06/02-06/05. I was celebrating my 2nd year wedding anniversary. It's basically 10 minutes from everything. The beaches, casinos, malls, and restaurants are all nearby. The only thing was everytime I went to the front desk in the evening, no one was there. Either they were in the breakfast area eating and watching TV or in what I assume to be the laundry room near the elevator. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay. The convenience store and the Mcdonalds in walking distance was great as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating your anniversary. We are located in a great area with easy access to the interstate as well as all the local restaurants, beaches, and attractions. I do aplogize for you having to wait for someone at the front desk. Unfortunantly, there are times when the front desk associate has to step away from the front desk to either go back to the laundry room or perhaps run to the kitchen to bake some fresh cookies. Thank you again for the survey and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We made reservations in Biloxi on our way to Louisiana to a family reunion at the Hampton Inn and absolutely loved our experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and so were the guests. The hotel accommodations were awesome, and rated 4 stars! It was in a great location in proximity to the beach area. I will stay here on my next return to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad you loved your experience with us, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We pride ourselves on providing great service and clean rooms for all our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you return to the area. Thanks again for the great review.
River Ridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I never stayed at a Hampton Inn prior to my visit. I was surprised by the quality service and accommodations provided. My room was a nice size, with a huge bed and sofa. The room was clean and the staff were great. The breakfast was tasty as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the great review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that your first experience with Hampton Inn was a great one. I am glad you found the service and accomodations to be high quality. We pride ourselves on providing each of our guest with a wonderful experience. I hope that you will continue to choose Hampton Inns while traveling, and of course we look forward to having you with us again if you are back in the area. Thanks again for taking the time to write this great review.
Biloxi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Hampton is conveniently located off highway with easy access to beaches and businesses. Enjoyed the local restaurants in a very pleasant small town atmosphere. Great entertainment at the nearby casinos.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad to hear our convenient location worked great for you while you were in town. We are lucky to have such great restaurants and entertainment in our area. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.

Been to Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs? Share your experiences!