“Definitely going back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Definitely going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have not stayed at Hampton Inns in some time though we travel often. Everyone from check in to Check out was attentive and friendly. The breakfast buffet was more than sufficient and was kept supplied - which is saying a lot with a room of ball player families and family reunion attendants. Loved the room right down to the furniture style and comfort. We plan to go back in November and anytime we are on the Gulf Coast, will choose this hotel. Thanks to Dede Mays for setting us up in such a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DeeDee M, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at our Hampton Inn. We are committed to you, our valued customers, and always strive to provide the best, friendly service and it is always nice to hear when wer are living up to our guest expectations.

We thank you again for giving us the opportunity to be your “Home Away from Home” and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Hope Hampton Inn will always be your first choice for your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fishersville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our complete experience was excellent. I can say the staff was excellent and everyone that I met and saw during our stay was friendly and helpful. I sat in the lobby on arrival for about an hour or so to meet and greet and the staff at the desk was very nice and accommodating to every guest that arrived or phone call they answered. They took as much time as the guest needed and was able to assist them on everything that I overheard.

One particular staff member whose name was Amanda was very helpful and friendly. She had a wonderful smile for everyone and just looked like she really enjoyed her job at the Inn.

The only negative that I had the whole visit was the electronic door keys. I had three different sets and still had trouble at times with the last set. I have to assume that my room 217 had some sort of problem as no one else in our family of rooms mentioned any problem with theirs.

I would recommend this Inn to anyone and when we travelled back home to Virginia I made sure that out overnight stop was at another Hampton Inn in Chattanooga.

Room Tip: All the rooms for our family were on the 2nd floor and they were all very good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We would like to express our thanks to you. We sincerely appreciated your feedback on your recent stay; your contribution is very valuable to us.

Our team members strive to provide our guest with the very best experience and it is always nice when a guest lets us know when we have succeeded.

We are committed to you, our valued customers, and are taking immediate corrective steps in solving the problem you described. We thank you again for giving us the opportunity to servce you and look forward to your return!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Spent three days at this hotel and had the best service. The staff was friendly, efficient, and had a way of making you feel at home. The rooms were spotless,the breakfast was fresh, replenished as soon as needed, the lady in the breakfast room was very helpful and never seemed to get upset no matter how many people there were at one time. We happened to be there when they were full.

The management was also very friendly and so helpful in every way. It was just a great experience. I recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We, the team members at the Hampton Inn Biloxi/Ocean Springs, would like to express our thanks to you. We sincerely appreciated your feedback on your recent stay; your compliments are greatly appreciated!

We are committed to you, our valued guest and look foward to another the opportunity to be your “Home Away from Home”

Thanks for choosing OUR Hampton Inn. we loved having you here!
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I drove into Biloxi in the middle of the night after driving for many hours. We hadnt planned the stop so we didnt have any reservations. After stopping at many hotels that were either booked or only had a king bed, so wouldnt allow my husband and I and two children. When we found this hotel, the lady at the front desk(I sure wish i would remember her name), She was overly helpful. She made sure my family was well taken care of!..We were exhausted and got a great nights rest. And as always with Hampton, we enjoyed the coffee and breakfast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room was nice and bed was very comfortable. A/C unit was quiet and efficient. Internet service was solid and fast. Also, the TV has HDMI Ports, so simple to connect your laptop, if you have your own HDMI cable. Staff was friendly and breakfast was right on the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Enterprise, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I use to be able to recommend the Hampton Inn without a doubt in my mind. I CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!!! I was so dissapointed with the Hampton Inn/Ocean Springs Biloxi. It is a complete DUMP AND the service is HORRIBLE!!!! The staff acted like THEY were doing YOU a favor. 1) I arrived at 3:30p.m. on Sunday afternoon. My room was not ready. Fine, I proceeded to check in and was told I had to wait an hour. I handed Ms. Dee Dee my Hilton Honors rewards card and she merely looked at it and then gave it back to me. I asked her if she was going to put my number in the system so that I could get credit. She told me that she could but, more than likely I would NOT get credit for my stay. WOW!!!! I've NEVER had a problem before with the MANY Hampton Inns that I have stayed at before in the past.
2) I call back 2 hours later and my room is STILL not ready.....did I mention I just drove 5 Hours to get to Biloxi? Fine.
3) Room is ready after 3 1/2 hours...NEVER...NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. 4) The beds in the room were about 20 yrs old.....They were so uncomfortable it was not funny. The bedding was JUST as old. The comforter had balled up in spots....it was just awful! 5) The pool was always CLOSED...because it was always a NASTY Green color. Hold on, I take that back...it was finally a blue color on the day we checked out (6 days later). 6)The Straw that broke the Camels back.....we ran out of toilet paper. I called down to get some. I was going to go get some but the girl said she would bring it up...needles to say....she never came up with the Toilet Paper. The cleaning lady gave us some the next day.
I guess if I travel only once in a while it would not be a big deal BUT,I travel 5 months out of the year and this is just uncalled for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stay in hotels at least four nights a week, 40+ weeks a year so I am pickier than most travelers when it comes to hotels since I spend more time in them than my own home so it's extremely nice to find the one's that are up to par with what you would expect.

This property was a nice find. Clean, crisp, and courteous best describes this property and it's staff. Not many bells and whistle's at this property but if your just passing through or are in town on business for a few days this property is the way to go if you just want a clean room to relax in and know the staff will treat you right.

As with all Hampton's breakfast is included as well as wifi....and while you can't complain too much about a free hot breakfast it's time for an update as they have been serving the same lackluster food for several years now. Add some choice, get rid of some others, just freshen it up.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs? Share your experiences!