“Hotel is wonderful, placement near smoking area ruined our night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
surfinginflorida
“Hotel is wonderful, placement near smoking area ruined our night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We are traditionally Marriott customers, but Hilton sent us a fantastic offer and automatic gold membership, so we decided to give Hilton’s a try. Our first stay was at the Hampton Inn in Ocean Springs following a great concert at the Hard Rock Casino. The hotel is easy off/on from I10. The Hampton was nice; the rooms were standard size and appeared to be remodeled in the last several years. The first room we were put in was hot and we were moved to another room. Unfortunately, both rooms were on the top floor and unknown to us, this Hampton was a smoking hotel (Marriott has been 100% smoke-free for years!) I woke up very early in the morning to the smell of smoke. I called the front desk, and I was offered a fan and a can of Fabreeze. I called again after 7:00 to get a better understanding the smoking policy and talked to the day shift clerk. She explained the Hampton policy, and offered a $10 discount to our room price (Hampton has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but we weren’t offered or presented with this option). On the positive side, the rooms and lobby was nice, and so was the free breakfast the next morning. I can deal with smoke in the casino, but I feel when I’m sleeping that is a sanctuary and I shouldn’t have my senses assaulted with someone’s smoke at 5:00 am.

Room Tip: Make sure you aren't placed near smoking rooms unless you want to be.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
blxosgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I first want to apologize for you having the inconvenience of being placed near a smoking room and being awoke early in the morning to the smell of someone smoking. Hampton does have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and I also apologize that it was not given to you. I am taking care of that for you right away. I also wanted to let you know that by the end of the year, our hotel will be 100% non-smoking. I hope that if you are in the area again, that you will choose us for your accomodations. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you have any additional questions or concerns @ 228-872-6370. Thanks again for your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice, clean, comfortable, quiet hotel. The breakfast was nice with many items to choose.
The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff was very nice. I enjoyed the little private pool area. The pool was sparkling clean. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this great feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We do have a great team and I always enjoy hearing this feedback from our guest. I am going to be sure to share this with them. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our great breakfast and the pool area. I hope that you were able to truly relax and that we were able to make you feel like you were at home. Thanks again for the great feedback, and we look forward to being able to serve you again as our guest if you are in the area.
Sauk Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked online and got exactly what we asked for. I asked for two king bed rooms and got nice comfortable, clean rooms. The hotel was full all 4 nights that we stayed, but I never heard any noise. It was very quiet.
Hotel staff were extremely friendly. It was like staying with old friends.
We will stay again next time we visit the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Amory
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was clean. Even though we were located next to the snck area, and an exit , we never heard any noise. The people were nice, and very helpful. Pool was clean, we enjoyed it very much. Oh, don't forget, free cookies when re returned from our sight seeing!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
blxosgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you so much for your response. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the fresh cookies we put out each afternoon also. Those are always a favorite of our guest. I hope that you will be staying with us again if you are back in the Biloxi area. Thanks again for the great comments.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We checked in for a one-night's stay....our room was on the 2nd floor - very spacious and comfortable. Wonderful bed and very quiet and cold a/c. Nice television and wonderful water pressure in the shower.

Front staff very upbeat and friendly.

We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
blxosgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
We really appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Biloxi/Ocean Springs for your accomodations. I also want to thank-you for taking the time to write about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am going to be sure to let the front desk staff know the positive comments you made about them being upbeat and friendly. We will look forward to seeing you again then next time you are in the area. Thanks Again!!!!
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Very good room with good breakfast, a few miles from Biloxi and Ocean Springs.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cutler Ridge,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Stayed here since room at preferred Hampton in Moss Point wasn't ready. Moss Point people called and made reservation for me with Dana. Check in was smooth as glass - the employee was on her way home but turned around to help since I spoke to her on the phone. How nice is that? The rooms were big and newly spiffed up. Chair arms make them too tall for desk in room, but internet is blazing fast and no glitches. USA Today and fresh cookies waiting in the lobby - and even muffins, fruit and a drink when I left at 3:30 in the morning. Big comfy bed and good places to eat near by make this another positive experience.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs? Share your experiences!