“very respectable casino/resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
South Carolina
“very respectable casino/resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

My friend and I took a few days off from work to get out of town for a few days. Been to Vegas 3 times so I was a little biased already, but once inside the IP i honestly felt like I was in a high volume Vegas resort. The games were very friendly to me (I still lost but not nearly as bad as Vegas). The staff was awesome the entire time and very helpful. Visited the Beua Rivage for a few hours of gambling and while it was a very nice place IP felt more like home for a few days. More my style shall u say. Hotel wise only problem i had was low water pressure. I read about it before hand. It wasnt terrible but it wasnt great either. Im no engineer so I'm not sure how u fix it. lol. But not the first hotel ive stayed at either that didn't have great pressure.The other weird part would be to look out your window and not see a mgm or new york new york next door. But at same time, i never got stir crazy there. If i didn't want to gamble I would go sit at the awesome sports bar there and hang out. Matter of fact, ate all my meals with Dave and Bo at their bar. Anyways, it was a good experience and would reccommend this to all. I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

we only stayed one night at IP during our drive to BR, but we had a great time. The casino was clean... I wish that it was more oxygenated (not sure if that's a word- but you know what I mean) so that the smell of smoke was filtered out better. However there is a non-smoking section. The staff was friendly and helpful. My car battery died for an unknown reason while I was waiting for the bags to be placed in and the valet helped jump-start me.
Yes, its very busy. All of Biloxi's casinos are busy. I thought the room was nice and comfortable. We had a great view. It was too cold to see the pool, but maybe this next week when we stop by it will be warm enough.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

The room was great, the staff and the facilities as nice as anything in Las Vegas at much more affordable rates, but starting every night with a drink at the bar at "32" was the top.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Room was beyond reproach. Excellent. The parking and check-in are a pain. The parking garage is almost like a maze. The check-in is like going through airport security. Alwasys packed and a big long line that snakes around. Apparently very popular with tour buses gambling. The hotel does provide a lot of security to get to rooms. To get to the elevators there is an attendant who makes sure that you have a key before they let you get on the elevators. The spa was very nice but was unmanned when I was there. The exercise room was very clean. An overall very good experience in a very very busy hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

We booked ths hotel through Hotwire and were thrilled to find we would be staying at the IP. The room was comfortable and inviting. The bed was spacious and comfortable and clean. We had a bay view and it was beautiful. The hotel offers so many amenities, everything you would want to feel pampered. The only complaint I would have is the room didn't have a microwave or refridge. You had to pay extra for them. Also no continental breakfast. The minibar was very expensive. But all in all it is a great place to stay. I would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Our stay was excellent! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very nice. Clean. Housekeeping service was excellent. We ate at Tien. Great food and great service. We listened to the band at Chill. Drink service was quick, drinks were very strong! Had lunch at the buffet. Asian selection was nice. Enjoyed our stay! Will return.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
fort walton beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

post Katrina - we have stayed at IP several times. Casino is one of the largest in Biloxi 1st & 2nd floors - good variety of old & new games - good service on the casino floor - depending on your waitress of course - rooms are comfortable - clean - no issues with ac or heat - buffet is good as long as you have it comped - a bit pricey for me if i were paying for it. might as well just go to local fast food joint for a bite really - they have a few waffle houses in the area - we usually stop and get a cheap bite in Biloxi when arriving - then we can hit the casino with a full belly! - always use valet serice when we go - just tip a couple bucks when they bring your car - have a good latenight club with good music - 20 to 30 age mainly - onlt tip on what you might bring to the room - a cooler with a few cokes since all they sell on the premises are Pepst products - my preference only

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!