“Great Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Augusta, Georgia
“Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very clean. Room was comfortable and spacious. Bathroom was extremely small however. Service was good. The bell men were very efficient. Valet system was a little slow. The casino had excellent selection of slots, but poker tables were limited.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Belleair, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I first went to the Beau because of the free flights and played my bankroll there. They became too tight so decided to make the Hard Rock my casino of choice and got to Double Platinum. The Hard Rock is looser than the Beau but no free flights of course. So have to drive all the time from Florida now. That being the case I thought maybe the IP I heard so much about on a slot forum I subscribe to would be my new casino since the Hard Rock host was neglectlng me. Two stays were uneventful and place really seems to being going to seed. The rooms are shabby and old school. Looks like furniture from a garage sale of old stuff. Being the glutton for punishment I thought to give them a third try for my 25th wedding anniversary. Called to make a comped reservation for September 7th on the phone and the girl was snooty right off the bat by chiding me for not using the internet to book it. Plus when I told her about my anniversary she acted like what's the big deal. Maybe she was having a bad day but I did not feel the welcome vibe. More like, "I have better things to do" vibe. Relayed that to management by email but they never got back to me so I am thinking of just cancelling the reservation and again staying at the Hard Rock. At least they seem to like me being there even if the host basically blows me off and never keeps his promises. Don't know who is running things at the IP but they better get their act together or they will lose customers due to indifferent help.
I wasn't going to write a negative review of my trip in May but since this recent booking episode I figure might as well put my two cents in. Oh, and for what it is worth this is the only casino buffet my wife has ever gotten food poisoning at. She was in the room most of the trip throwing up. Not a good trip. Hope this one goes better since it is our 25th wedding anniversary.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
hank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our reservations department. We sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please understand that the experience described is not indicative of the high standards to which we hold ourselves. These comments have been shared with the Director of Hotel Operations. Again, we appreciate your feedback that allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Ip is the best casino on the coast they have great slots and table games. Clean. Fun atmosphere. And the people there is always nice and the employees are always helpful and do great work and teamwork I will tell everyone I know to go to ip and play and stay.its always clean and smells good when I go and play and stay

• Stayed July 2014
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great rate for premium room 7 days in advance thru reservation at hotel. Stayed on 13th floor for 2 nights. Very modern, very clean beyond my expectations! Comfy bed with nice linens and towels. Great AC and room darkening drapes! You can get a FREE supper buffet($22.00 each savings) if you sign up for a players card. Buffet was very good! Best part was the rooftop( of parking garage) pool and spa(11th floor). Very large pool with sunning edges inside the pool to sit on. Great bar/snacks. Towels, comfy lounge chairs and giant 40x20 foot TV. Nice view of the bay from spa. Very romantic pool @ night with underwater rotating lights and starry sky. Great city view of skyline/casinos. I d on't gamble but did enjoy the slots and loved that the casino was clean smelling and not smoky. Would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Parking garage is a hassle. Need a beach coverup as you have to walk halls and thru casino to get to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bauxite, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had a Non-smoking Rm and it had an odor of mustiness upon arrival. Smell was Bad and strong. We were there for 4 nights and housekeeping was consistant with fresh towels and empty trash. Upon our departure( 3 hours into our drive) we realized we had left a watch on the TV table and after several calls and mesages left and no return phone calls, we were sad that we hadnt heard anything from personel at IP hoping they would have found the watch and called to let us know they had it. Upon getting home I persistantly called and spoke with Lost and Re-covery and was told no they had nothing logged in their system.I then called back and spoke with someone in management. Shortly after I got a call from security who is currently investigating.I have hope! but make sure you do not leave any personal items...other wise was an average stay at an average casino hotel.Pool was GREAT!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to IP Casino Resort and Spa. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. If you ever find that your non-smoking room smells please contact the front desk. We would be happy to send up a machine to purify the air or move you if needed. Your comments in regards to your lost property have been shared with the housekeeping manager. Once again, we thank you for your time and your comments as it helps us to continually improve our guest overall experience
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have stayed here several times in the past and always get a clean comfortable room. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I did not give 5 this time due to the elevators. For some reason they were having problems and we had to ride up and down several times before being able to get off on our floor. The staff never addressed it and the guests were left to figure it out. Otherwise, a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

You get what you pay for...exception, weekend rates will never be a value for the dollar. The front desk service was friendly and helpful. The hotel room was about a Holiday Inn standard room. Exception, it smelled bad and wasn't particularly clean. I went to the gift shop hoping to buy a candle to solve the problem only to find "duck dynasty and beer" candles....not! The restaurant on the top floor offered a welcome escape with pretty views of the bay. The food is priced high and didn't match in quality, however, the service was good. The pool is nicely located on a higher floor with a bar, but the chairs are stripped down without cushions...to sit in a chair with a cushion, you must rent and reserve one. Truly, it was somewhat disappointing from the description and reviews. It about average if not below...certainly not 4 stars as indicated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall close to the top of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!