“The room was just alright” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Rates On Suites
Ranked #8 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Russellville, Arkansas
“The room was just alright”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed in a handicapped king room because that is what the front desk said they had available even though I am still young and springy, so that was different. My room was located just across from the elevator which I didn't really love due to the noise level. The room was just alright to me. It seemed clean enough. It was sparsely decorated and nothing about the bed, shower, chair, decor or view was as sumptuous as I had hoped for.
However, if you like casinos and don't mind the smell of smoke, it'd be a great stay because the casino was really fun. I had a free meal when I signed up for a playing card. The buffet was hot and tasted fresh. It was delicious.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and was left with a positive impression.

Room Tip: I had a room ending in 17, whatever side that was wasn't a very nice view unless you are a milli...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

overall we enjoy our stays at the IP every time we visit. Clean spacious renovated rooms, we were in a king, non-smoking room on the 26th floor....no smoke smell, stayed four nights, front desk staff was courteous as usual. Now, the not so good stuff.....the 24 hour deli is horribly run (supervised)...one night, no one stocked the frig and the service was non-existent....night supervisor at the time had a "oh well" attitude....was not impressed. Housekeeping, although the crew does a good job cleaning....they are inconsistent in how they clean and pick up after the room....first night, three towels, second night two towels. First night duvet on bed, second night no duvet on bed....first night two clean coffee mugs, second night two used coffee mugs....you get the picture....nothing major. I would go back and stay in a heartbeat....bconnected loyalty card is the best in the industry.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor rooms....they are renovated with new décor.
Ville Platte, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and ended up switching room 3 times because the all the rooms smelled like smoke. We couldn't get a refund so ended up miserable in IP Hotel. All 3 hotel rooms we stayed at said it was non-smoking room/floor but there is an ashtray next to the elevator area and everyone put out their cigarettes. I don't understand why you would have an ashtray in a non-smoking floor if you are not supposed to smoke. My husband and I were so miserable on our weekend trip to Biloxi. The first room we stayed at was so smoky and our room was next to the loud machines outside, I wanted to cry because we drove 4 hours and felt like we were sleeping next to a factory. The beds are uncomfortable, too.
We will NEVER stay there again!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, DO NOT stay at this hotel! All the non-smoking room/floors smell of smoke!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to IP Casino Resort Spa. We are very sorry to read the negatives in your review. In an effort to make a more enjoyable environment for everyone, we have implemented a policy of charging guests a deep cleaning fee in an effort to deter guests from smoking in the non-smoking rooms. We have placed the ashtrays beside the elevator to prompt guests to extinguish their cigarettes when exiting the elevator on a non-smoking floor. Once again, we thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve overall guest satisfaction.
Eufaula, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Love to stay at IP Casino because there is so much to do! The food is wonderful and the rooms are spacious and clean! The staff at IP is nice and ready to assist if needed! My husband and I have stayed at IP many times and have never had a bad experience! Love it!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are pleased to know that you choose IP frequently. We take great pride in hearing comments like yours about our property and the friendly service our team provides. We look forward to having you return! Thank you again for your feedback.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed for two nights and I was very disappointed. I have stayed here before and I don't remember it being so dirty and so smoky.
First problem was they didn't have a room for us when we arrived (even though we already reserved it). We had to wait until 3 am to get a room.
We finally got our room (22nd floor) and the hallway smelled awful. I guess they use some sort of air freshener but it was pungent and awful smelling. The room smelled stale and moldy but we couldn't switch rooms because they were "sold out".
The stench of smoke was the worst I have ever encountered. Maybe it was a busy weekend but even in the "smoke free" area it smelled and people didn't seem to care it was non smoking. Even my husband who smokes said his eyes were burning.
The comps were okay but I hate the way that you have to go to certain cashier locations. Can't all the cashiers handle the same information? When you're upstairs you don't want to have to go downstairs every time you need to cash out a ticket. I doubt we will stay here again.

Galveston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This Hotel was just regular the Hotel room linens were shabby just total mediocrity. I was expecting more for a 4 star. The casino comps were good. Checking in was a hassle very long line! Limited in room menu for room service. Towels were very worn.

• Stayed February 2014
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to a bridge tournament at the IP and was pleasantly surprised with our room, the choice of restaurants, the location and the casinos. Our room was very comfortable. The bridge playing area was large and well lit, though way too cold. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!