“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the IP Casino Resort Spa in Biloxi on 10/25-10/27/2013.

We love to visit Biloxi and have always stayed at the Sheraton Four Points (see my prior reviews on that hotel). We decided to try something different. After staying at the IP, I don't see us returning to the Sheraton.

The check-in process was flawless. Wonderful staff at the front desk. (By the way, the thing I love about Biloxi is how truly friendly everyone is...you can really tell who is from the area and who is not).

We had a non-smoking King room. We were on the 7th floor at the end of the hallway. Although non-smoking, there is a distict smell of tobacco. Maybe it just seeps through the walls and ventilation system. It was not enough to bother us, but it was noticeable. The bed was extremely comfortable, the view was good from the room, tv was decent sized. Bathroom was definitely on the smaller side. The water pressure wasn't strong, but it was strong enough. I'll never get used to the soft water in Biloxi, but if you don't mind soft water, you'll be fine.

Overall I was very pleased with the room...HOWEVER, the walls are paper thin. 6:30 am listening to everything the people said in the room next to us AS IF they were sitting right next to. This was not the privacy I would have wanted when getting away for the weekend with my wife.

We ate lunch at the buffet on Saturday and Dinner at Tien. The oysters and clams were fantastic at the buffet as was the Southern dining. We love the sushi at Tien but the Mongolian Beef was really disappointing. We do come back to Tien with every visit, so they must be doing something right. We ate at the bar and enjoyed the company of the bartender.

We visit Biloxi to play Blackjack. We specifically return to the IP to play the $5 table. It is nice returning and seeing familiar faces. Aside from the fact that we did not win this trip, the dealers make it fun. Especially Mary who works the day shift during weekends. The bantering back and forth is fun and the dealers have such a quick wit.

I looking forward to our next trip...we'll be back to the IP!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

stayed here on night and was greeted enthusiastically by the front desk staff. Much friendly check in than anything in Vegas for sure! Nice casino and nice rooms with great views. Mine was on the 27th floor with view of the back bay. Nice pool area even though it was closed since it was mid Oct.

Room Tip: valet when you check in since the garage is far from the room elevators.
Lake Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is one of the best Casino's in the US, they treat you like Royalty from the Valet to the Hotel Check In, to your Assigned Room to the Dining Rooms, to your Check Out. Each time I visit, I seem to enjoy it more and more. Everyone really need to check them out.

Room Tip: Call in Advance and Be Nice to the Check In Teller
South Tampa & Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the IP property and it was my first time. Biloxi is a great stop over point between Houston and Central FL.

Upon checking in I noted a lack of "polished service" that was consistent throughout my stay however, everyone was very warm and genuine so this made up for it considering the type of property and location I was at. She was very kind and welcoming.

Arriving in the room I was very impressed for the area, the suite was much like some of the high end suites I stay in other places. The quality of the furnishings might have been a step down (the bathroom was the exception) but still a very nice suite. All the rooms were large and featured some nice amenities.

One feature the suite did lack was an all rooms music system which was disappointing but not a huge deal.

Please note that other reviews nothing that the whole establishment including the suites smelling like cigarette smoke is true. I can deal with it for an overnight stay but if you cant I suggest you stay elsewhere

I very much enjoyed the main bar featuring a DJ and great drinks. The prices seemed reasonable and well poured. I wish it stayed open a little later as well.

The other huge downfall to this resort is most of the restaurants do not stay open very late and none are open 24 hours! I luckily found their sports bar right before they stopped serving dinner. I had to have seen at least a dozen people ready to eat and getting turned away.

I would definitely return here again if I received the same deal for a suite again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chalmette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

W have made IP Casino, in Biloxi, MS, our casino of choice. We have always enjoyed the great service, and friendliness of all their employees. What you want, they give you. It's been this way since the day they first opened. We don't even think of going or staying elsewhere. It's been a big part of our retirement enjoyment. And will continue to be so. So come and see for yourself!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My recent visit to the IP Hotel and Casino in Biloxi was splendid! I had lots of fun and a wonderful relaxing experience in the beautiful spa; enjoyed the Steam Bath, Artic Room, Sauna and Jacuzzi.
My room was large and customer service excellent. The Casino is a blast! I had a great few days at IP!! And the restaurants great value for the money!

Judy Red

Room Tip: Request Bay View Room
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Overall the IP was pretty good. However will probably not go back. We are not big gamblers. We did play 21 and some slots. Really just wanted to have a little short trip. The environment was nice, room nice and all that, but there was nowhere to sit and relax outside the casino. We love balconies :(, surely thought we would be able to sit somewhere and look out at the bay or something! We tried to go to the pool area twice. Once was closed for a private event and in the morning was not open. We just wanted to sit and read the paper! It is on the 11th floor and you have to enter from the elevator, they just simply don't open that floor when it is closed evidently. So, unlike most places you stay, you can't just wonder out and sit. The only other exit to an outside area was at the entrance by the valet parking. The breakfast buffet was good. We chose to dine locally at "Shaggy's" for dinner just so we could sit outside! Don't miss the half shell oyster house-in Biloxi or Gulfport-Yum.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!