“Loser.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Hammond, Louisiana
“Loser.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I just came from a two night stay at the IP and was mightily disappointed in the hotel. I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, from Motel 6 to the Waldorf and this hotel room was the darkest I've ever seen. There was no overhead lighting in the room, just two small table lamps, one off which didn't work. I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance man to resolve the problem. He spent between 20 & 30 minutes fiddling with the lamp then admitted defeat, called housekeeping and told them to send someone with a replacement lamp, then left. A few minutes later a different individual showed up, empty handed. He fiddled around for a while then left, saying someone would come with another lamp. We waited quite a while with no replacement then gave up and I called the desk telling them to forget it for the night because we wanted to go to bed! I assumed they would replace the lamp the next day-wrong! End result was 2 nights in a supposed first class hotel with a single bedside lamp to light the room. We won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. We strive to provide incredible guest service, and it seems, this time, we did not. Please accept our sincere apology. Your concerns have been forwarded to the maintenance department to assist in improving our overall guest experience. Again, we thank you for your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Oh my!!! We Stayed at the ph on 32ed floor amaZing!!! The room was huge!! We had a nice kingside bed and every night At8 the lady would come turn down our sheets and leave small chocolates the kids liked! The living room was huge! The kids had a blast the dinning room was like our home dinning room so that was awesome! Felt like home away from home. Two bathrooms and one huge jazz. Whirlpool nice hot tub lights come on jets massage you! Feels like the spa and the shower has 8 heads that are so relaxing!! I love this place will return! The housekeeper was so nice! If The pool could stay open longer would have been fun! But!!! Since the bath tub was so big 2 6yr old swam in there! Ha

• Stayed July 2013
Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The price was right. Better than Motel 6 price. No Breakfast included but if it is your Birthday month, you will get a free buffet! Don't forget where you parked and what floor. I booked through priceline as it was cheaper. they did not have a reservation ready until 1.5 hours after i booked it and the pool closed at 8pm. They hold a $100 Deposit on your credit/debit card.

Room Tip: Pool closes too early @ 8pm
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
sault ste marie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

very nice hotel and the casino was nice also.Stayed three nights friendly staff comfortable room with nice view of the back bay with a short walk to boomtown casino and a short drive to the rest of biloxi hope too go again.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the bay
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Came down for a weekend in August. Let me just say I was in aawww. The rooms are Christine clean(lol). Love the ambiance of the hotel itself. Had an amazing time with my hubby. The casino was nice and the cigarette smoke was not overwhelming. Although I was not impressed with the buffet. The food was just bland. Other than the food, the IP casino gets an A .....

• Stayed August 2013
Mableton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Plenty of restaurants, of all types, at this property. The sports bar has very good grouper and ham sandwiches. The buffet restaurant seemed very pricy to me. If you want buffet style food, try some of the other casinos that have a better price. Dealers at the table games are friendly and helpful. It took a while to get the first few drinks at the blackjack tables, then it picked up (once the waitress realized the tips were good, she came back faster and faster). I played for hours at the blackjack table on Sunday night, then returned on Monday to play some more hours. I had to haggle with the pit boss to get a free buffet after the play for the two nights. Even though this was a $5 table, in the past, play time meant more than it does now evidently toward a meal comp. I have been going to Biloxi since 1994. In my opinion, this is the best overall casino/hotel in the area. However, after Katrina, the room rates have gone up and the room comps are not as easy to come by now for the gambler on a budget. Also, IP now charges a resort fee. I did not use the pool or spa, so I am not sure what my resort fee was for except for pure profit.

Room Tip: Get a bay view room facing the I-110 bridge. If you get a bay room facing Boomtown, the air conditi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Southeastern U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The IP Resort Hotel and Casino is a favorite for me and my wife when we visit the MS Gulf Coast. We are normally able to find a very good rate during the week. (We mostly go to the coast for business trips.) Even though we normally book discounted rates, the folks at check-in have been very kind to give us a nice room with a view and a late-check-out. We are not really gamblers, but the pool area here is really great. It is above the parking garage, with a great bar area, plenty of seating, a HUGE TV, good music, and rental cabanas for those who want them. The Jacuzzi is large and nice. There is plenty of greenery and we have found the food and drink to be really good there. For anyone who is here for business meetings, please keep in mind that you will need to add about ten minutes to your plans to take the hotel elevator down, cross through either the lobby or the casino, take another elevator up to the parking garage, and then drive back down to street level. But the extra ten minutes is well worth it if you are looking to enjoy a casino or an outstanding pool area. They also have a spa, but we have not experienced it. I had one breakfast meeting at the Back Bay Buffet. My made to order omelet was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!