“Great stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very nice hotel, the weather was terrible and we mentioned we were hoping to go to the beach but wouldn't be able to and the guy at the desk upgraded us to a suite. We loved it. Comfy bed, nice jacuzzi and huge room! The hotel was extremely clean and well kept. Even the smaller rooms looked very nice. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Give a try at getting an upgrade if its not busy. The king suite was awesome!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went on a 3 night 4 day trip. We stayed at the IP the room was very clean the hotel! Had alot of choices of restaurants. Prices were fair. I love to play slot machines and enjoyed the ones they had.we had very good service in the restaurants and the food was very good. When I asked for more cups and coffee paks for the in room coffee maker they brought it right up, the same speed when we asked for more towels. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: When you go on a package price, you really only get to choose the size beds and if possible close to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Beware of any issues you may have at this casino, because management will do nothing to help you if you have an issue or problem in the casino. All I have been told when I have problems here is "There is nothing we can do" not even a sorry for the inconvenience. By far the worst management I have ever dealt with. I will never go to this place again, never.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at IP Casino Resort and Spa. It appears that we impacted your visit in a negative manner and for that we sincerely apologize. Please understand that the experience described is not indicative of our usual service standards. We would like an opportunity to discuss with you further.
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at the IP Casino & Resort numerous times over the years and during that time I have developed a true Love-Hate Relationship. There are different segments to this resort and they all operate differently.

The Casino is fine and I have always enjoyed playing there. Their restaurants have never been a problem and in particular their Italian Restaurant on the main floor (Costa Cucina) and their fine dining restaurant on the top floor (Thirty-Two) are always outstanding. Valet at times tends to be very poor, especially on weekend nights and double especially on weekend nights when there is a live show. It's as if every weekend or show night is a new night which they have never experienced in the past. Not enough valet personnel on duty to move cars quickly to make room for the long line of cars waiting for valet. It simply tends to be very poor.

Now for the hotel and my most recent visit was this past Monday and Tuesday evenings. My flight from Atlanta was delayed for well over 3 hours so I did not arrive at the hotel until after midnight. Checking into this hotel is always an adventure as their check-in staff are as slow as they come, frequently give off a vibe of not caring and often wander into the back room with 20-30 guests standing in line waiting for check-in. In this area, they are among the worst in the business on a good day! One would think that after midnight check-in would be a piece of cake but not here. There was one couple in front of me and the clerk took forever and I mean forever and never once looked up to acknowledge my presents and say she would be with me shortly, etc. It was already a frustrating day and then the clerk (who later turned out to be the night manager, so she claimed) informed me that although I booked and paid for a King Bed Non-Smoking room, they did not have any King Beds available which did not sit well with me. The last thing a single guest needs is two queen beds which take up for too much space which eliminates the comfortable sitting chair and ottoman. Now, it was a Monday night so there is no way the hotel was full and no way she could not have found a King Bed (if she wanted to) even if she upgraded me to one of their mini-suites (not talking a high roller luxury suite)! But she was in charge, and come hell or high water she was not about to upgrade me and from her body language and verbal response, it was obvious she was NOT THE LEAST BIT CONCERNED about my situation.

After going to my room, the room with the two queen beds that I had no use for, the fire alarm was chirping so I had to call for maintenance who came up to my room after 1am to replace the batteries in the fire alarm! If the hotel had an effective routine maintenance program and/or if Housekeeping personnel were properly trained about such things, this problem would have been eliminated before a guest was put in the room. I woke up very early in the morning to use the restroom only to find out, after the fact, that the toilet would NOT flush!! I called the Manager (they changed managers by now) and he quickly apologized and moved me up one flight to one of their mini-suites which had, you guessed it, a King Bed.

The so called Night Manager was a joke, sarcastic and uncaring! And I'm being nice with those comments! If this was my first experience with the hotel I would never return but I know it can be very nice at times and not all their management personnel fit the unwelcoming characteristics of this joke of a night manager.

So I shall not "not recommend" this hotel but I would suggest it might be worth your effort to checkout the other hotels/casinos in the area before settling on the IP Casino & Resort! If you wish to stay here, be prepared for the worst and perhaps you will get lucky. Ugh!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to IP Casino Resort Spa. We are very sorry to read the negatives in your review. We make every effort to meet our guests' requests but unfortunately there are occasions when we cannot. Again, I apologize.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel and casino is very good, I have stayed here several times in the past in the jacuzzi suites which is called luxury suites , they were very ,very nice rooms but this time I upgraded to a penthouse suite . OMG the room was very well kept and the mini bar was stocked with sodas and water daily. The service at the front desk overall was very pleasant,the chill longe has a variety of music .etc for everyone. They also have restaurants, spa services, gym , smoking and non smoking casinos. You have to stay here atleast once in your life and when you do you will thank yourself for it. Last I have to say it , the bed in that penthouse was amazing and if you can purchase the bubble bath from the hotel store down in the lobby do it even though it was $16 a bottle , buy it because it made the jacuzzi so much more relaxing it was very very soft. All I can say is Stay.Its worth every cent you spend on it. It also was half the price when I called this week.

• Stayed August 2013
Hazel Green, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a excellent honeymoon thanks to the IP Casino and Resort. When we arrived the check-in line was really long, but the wait was well worth it. They upgraded us to a suite that was amazing. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds that we have slept on while on vacation, and the room was very clean. We also enjoyed the buffet our first night there. It had just about anything you would want to eat (we especially enjoyed the crab and gumbo). We also enjoyed the live music and atmosphere at the Chill bar (the band playing was named Shades of Green was really good, and we recommend if you are there on a Sunday night you should check them out). Room service was about 3 out of 5. It's a great option if you want to spend the night in, but there are other options that would be better. We did not have any luck with the slots, but the room made the stay excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I loved the room, it was clean and when I turned on the tv it had a welcome message with our name on it. I loved the location and the fact that the casino and club are right down stairs. The band was awesome and the servers for the company party were attentive and courteous. Will go back without a doubt!

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!