“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, United States
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here on a Monday The room was very nice. Check in staff was quick although we stood in line for 10 minutes because of so few staff on duty at 4:30. I think there are probably better casinos to stay at in Biloxi. If you are just looking for a room at a great price stay here. If you want something with a little more perks stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
houstonburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a long raod trip, we decided to stop for some fun. As usual, we enjoyed our stay. Had a couple of housekeeping issues, but these were taen care of by management very quickly. This is a great location to the Biloxi area. Nice staff.. very accommodating. We shall return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night last week. Very easy to find from I-10 to 1-110 without difficulty, in fact it looked like all the properties in the area are as easy to access. I was offered a choice of room location and I chose a higher floor, which turned out to have a nice view of the back bay. The room itself was nice, not exceptional of itself, but it had everything necessary to make my stay comfortable and pleasant: plenty of hot water w/good water pressure in the shower, nice coffeemaker with regular coffee and half and half (not powdered stuff), real cups and glasses, comfortable bed and pillows, lots of towels, good hairdryer. Of course these are things we take for granted, and all little things on their own, but having them available without asking goes a long way to making a difference. There was no odor of smoke in the room as others have mentioned, perhaps due to the higher floor. The room and the corridor also seemed quiet, perhaps for the same reason, since there were definitely a lot of people and a lot of kids staying there over the holiday.

I was here to see a concert, so did not spend much time at all in the casino, but I had a bit of spare time and walked through out of curiousity. There are casinos on both the first and second floors. Not surprisingly, the smoking areas seem to have a lot more activity than the non-smoking area, but the ventilation seemed good enough that the smoke was not overwhelming or hanging in the air.

The only restaurant I ate in was Highlights, the sports bar. The menu offered a good variety of bar food and had a good selection of beers. Prices are moderate but the portions are generous. I had a burger which was huge and cooked perfectly to order. Other diners meals also looked good. David, one of the 2 bartenders/servers makes you feel at home. It was very busy, yet he stayed on top of everything efficiently and kept everything humming without losing his sense of humor yet still had time to be extremely pleasant and chat with everyone for a moment or 2.

Next time I travel to Biloxi I'd gladly stay here again for more than one night and see more of the area.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nicer view of the water. Rooms on the 28th floor did not smell smoky.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I got a great deal on the rooms. We went for my son's birthday and we loved the stay. The pool area was very nice. Check in was fast and the rooms were very clean. Will stay there again!!

New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Don't stay here unless you really like casinos. The entire place smells of smoke. Everything is geared at the hotel/casino making money - even the lobby decor. Get this: styrofoam ice chests stacked and spilling "cash." There's a refrigerator in the room but it's stocked and you are warned not to put your own stuff in there. It's clear most people there lost all their money because they are all dressed from Wal-Mart. We wanted to chill in the pool after a day of sightseeing, and even thought of renting one of the cabanas, having a relaxing cocktail, but the pool was completely packed and dirty at the end of the day. The breakfast "cafe" is directly adjacent to the slot machines. You can hear the neighbors on the other side of the wall in the middle of the night refueling to go back down and lose more money; I wondered if they were doing meth!
It is really sad what the gulf coast has become. I grew up there but there's hardly a trace of the relaxed, natural beauty that used to characterize the quality of life there.

Room Tip: Stay away unless you like smoke and casinos.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the IP Casino Resort and Spa. It appears that we impacted your visit in a negative manner and for that we sincerely apologize. Again, we appreciate your feedback that allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start by saying that my interactions with the staff at this hotel began before I even got there. I called a couple days prior to my arrival to ask about transportation to the hotel from the Gulfport airport. I had already checked the hotel's website as most hotels give you some idea of how to get to their property, but found nothing on this hotel's site. I was told that there are cabs at the airport and when I asked how much I should expect to pay, the woman I talked to said she had no idea. I then asked if she could transfer me to someone who might have an idea. I was then transferred to a man who said he really didn't know, but would guess that it would be between $45 and $60. Really? Check in took almost a half hour in the smoke-filled lobby. My room was fine although the rug looked like it could use a good cleaning. Food provided for the business meetings was fine. I got a cut on my foot one evening and went to the sundry store to buy some antiseptic and discovered they had none and was directed to the front desk. The clerk at the desk pulled out a first aid kit which had a few band aids and elastic bandages, but nothing that could be used to clean a wound. Another clerk came over and once she discovered my wound had not been received on the property, she lost interest in helping. I asked whether there was a drug store nearby and was told there wasn't and no further help was offered. Really? You've got this huge hotel and have no antiseptic or antibacterial creams available for purchase and offer no assistance? Fortunately a friend also staying at the hotel had some packets of antiseptic ointment and after washing my cut, I was able to use that until I returned home. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are a gambler and/or seeing a show there. If you smoke, you'll be in hog heaven, as smokers are everywhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room up high that has a view of the water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. We strive to provide incredible guest service, and it seems, this time, we did not. Please accept our sincere apology. Your comments assist in improving our overall guest experience. Again, we thank you for your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels.

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!