“Like the Carnival Cruise Ship of hotels” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IP Biloxi Discount Rates
Ranked #9 of 45 hotels in Biloxi
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Like the Carnival Cruise Ship of hotels”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Don't stay here unless you really like casinos. The entire place smells of smoke. Everything is geared at the hotel/casino making money - even the lobby decor. Get this: styrofoam ice chests stacked and spilling "cash." There's a refrigerator in the room but it's stocked and you are warned not to put your own stuff in there. It's clear most people there lost all their money because they are all dressed from Wal-Mart. We wanted to chill in the pool after a day of sightseeing, and even thought of renting one of the cabanas, having a relaxing cocktail, but the pool was completely packed and dirty at the end of the day. The breakfast "cafe" is directly adjacent to the slot machines. You can hear the neighbors on the other side of the wall in the middle of the night refueling to go back down and lose more money; I wondered if they were doing meth!
It is really sad what the gulf coast has become. I grew up there but there's hardly a trace of the relaxed, natural beauty that used to characterize the quality of life there.

Room Tip: Stay away unless you like smoke and casinos.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the IP Casino Resort and Spa. It appears that we impacted your visit in a negative manner and for that we sincerely apologize. Again, we appreciate your feedback that allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start by saying that my interactions with the staff at this hotel began before I even got there. I called a couple days prior to my arrival to ask about transportation to the hotel from the Gulfport airport. I had already checked the hotel's website as most hotels give you some idea of how to get to their property, but found nothing on this hotel's site. I was told that there are cabs at the airport and when I asked how much I should expect to pay, the woman I talked to said she had no idea. I then asked if she could transfer me to someone who might have an idea. I was then transferred to a man who said he really didn't know, but would guess that it would be between $45 and $60. Really? Check in took almost a half hour in the smoke-filled lobby. My room was fine although the rug looked like it could use a good cleaning. Food provided for the business meetings was fine. I got a cut on my foot one evening and went to the sundry store to buy some antiseptic and discovered they had none and was directed to the front desk. The clerk at the desk pulled out a first aid kit which had a few band aids and elastic bandages, but nothing that could be used to clean a wound. Another clerk came over and once she discovered my wound had not been received on the property, she lost interest in helping. I asked whether there was a drug store nearby and was told there wasn't and no further help was offered. Really? You've got this huge hotel and have no antiseptic or antibacterial creams available for purchase and offer no assistance? Fortunately a friend also staying at the hotel had some packets of antiseptic ointment and after washing my cut, I was able to use that until I returned home. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are a gambler and/or seeing a show there. If you smoke, you'll be in hog heaven, as smokers are everywhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room up high that has a view of the water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. We strive to provide incredible guest service, and it seems, this time, we did not. Please accept our sincere apology. Your comments assist in improving our overall guest experience. Again, we thank you for your feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service levels.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Check in went smoothly Given a room in the 7th floor. Was ok, clean but not enough towels. Look outside, there was no view, you can see only Long tanks think they're for AC and can'y see anything even though I ask for a higher floor so we can see the water or the city view.

Went to get players card for my son. Even though my son told them that his name is the same as my husband they have different middle initial, different address and he has jr after his name they still gave the same number as my husband. They reissued number of my husbands and again they gave the same number.they tried to correct it but unable to correct it. It took them one hour to correct after this matter. And then my turn came and the number issued to me was not in their system per se even though they issued to me in April. They try to check again and even though the supervisor help still took them a while. Reissued me again a new number after 50 minutes . I went and played, and when I tried to check my points, it won't give me as my PIN won't accept, it keep on telling me incorrect. I went back again to the casino rewards/cashier, again run into problem and again they're telling my card number is not in the system. Told them that they just reissued me a card, new number now they're telling me this problem . They changed shift, another supervisor came to help the teller still they said can't find me in their system and he mentioned my husband the number is incorrect also. They gave the same number again same with my son. They corrected again and again , reissued new number to my husband, reset up the PIN number again and reset up also my PIN number, It took them again over one hour to do this. We were so angry and wasted too much time for the 3 cards . Employees don't know what they're doing. They need more training on how to handle the situation linking to other casinos owned by IP's.

Machines were too tight. We did not enjoy our time spent at the IP. Parking was confusing.

Check out times went smoothly and the desk clerk were nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Please accept our apology for your experience with our player's club personnel. Please accept my assurances that exceptional service for our guests remains our highest priority and the service and errors such as you experienced are not tolerated. Please contact IP Casino at our toll free number if you would like to discuss this situation in more detail. Regardless, your comments have been forwarded to our Cage and Credit Manager so the situation may be addressed.

Thank you for providing your feedback. Your comments are invaluable to us as we look for opportunities to improve. We hope you will consider visiting again and allow us another chance to provide more than you expect!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Overall hotel was nice. Check-in/out procedures went smoothly. Parking was a little confusing. Buffet was ridiculosuly high but other dining options were nice and reasonable. I would recommend this hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in! They couldn't pass a Super 8 hotel inspection. If you are unlucky enough to get a "spa" room on the 4th floor bring a gas mask. The smell of smoke and dirty ashtrays hits you as soon as you step off the elevator and the entire floor wreaks. We got in our room with painted over windows, dirty floors and a jacuzzi that could double as a medical science experiment. The stench in the room was so overwhelming that after only 10mins our hair and all our clothing smelled as well. After changing rooms we tried to stayed out of the outdated, mismatched, ragedy room as much as possible. We made the mistake of eating in the sports bar... Again grossly inadequate overpriced crap food. We booked our room for 3 night but after the 2nd night the next morning we were told that our reservation was only for 2 nights and of we wanted to stay another night it would be 4x our original rate even though we had confirmed everything when we checked in. The was the absolute worst experience I have ever had in any hotel much less a so called Casino Resort.

• Stayed June 2013
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. We are sorry to read the negatives in your review. Please accept our sincere apology.

We will be continuing renovations to our hotels rooms early next year. Your concerns about the sports bar and the cleanliness of the room have been forwarded to the appropriate managers.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Third trip to the IP and it did not disappoint. Had a problem the first night with fleas in the room, but they immediately moved us and offered two free buffets. My wife visited the spa both times and loved it...especially the people working there.
The buffet is OK, but a little pricy for what you get (especially when compared to Vegas). But there is a large selection and it keeps pretty busy...the staff is very friendly.
The rooms are nice, but the bathrooms tend to be small. The first one we got had no tub, just a large shower. But the room they moved to had a tub and seemed to be a little bit larger.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms seem to be a little larger (and the view is alot nicer).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We took a get away trip to Bioloxi and the IP Hotel was a great stay. The room was nicely decorated, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was very clean. We watched a new release movie on the large HD TV, but choose not to take any items from the minibar in the room. We were missing the coffee for the coffee maker in the room but they brought us some very quickly. Not much of a view, but enough to get the feel of being close to the water. Our Only regret is that we checked in early and accepted a wheel-chair accessible room without knowing there was no bathtub. We could have waited until regular checkin and enjoyed the tub. Glad they have these available for those that need the zero-entry shower, although it did wet the carpet in front of the bathroom door when we used it. We got a great deal on the room by staying during the week. We were on a non-smoking floor and could not smell smoke except for in our clothes from playing in the casino. Several restaurants are connected to the hotel and casino so we parked and stayed here the entire time. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!