“The Ultimate Doo Wop Show” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rates at IP Biloxi
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Navarre, Florida
“The Ultimate Doo Wop Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Ultimate Doo Wop Show for our 27th Anniversay. The show was great and we really enjoyed ourselves. Although we weren't staying at the IP this time, we couldn't let the opportunity go by to mention a great customer service experience there. When we entered from the elevators before the show, there was a gentleman at the security station named Manny that made a great first impression for the IP. It was easy to tell he likes what he does. He introduced himself and gave us ideas of things to do before the show. He suggested some dinner, and we took his advice! Wonderful evening!!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Elk Grove, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the IP for a couple of nights in January 2013 during a road trip with my two kids. Since I had never stayed in Biloxi, was not familiar with the hotels there and paid very little for my room I had very low expectations.

Oh how very, very wrong I was.

The hotel and grounds were beautiful. Furnishings and decor were up-to-date and tasteful. The place was incredibly clean and was apparently designed to give an upscale feel to guests.

Our room was terrific. As far as rooms go, it had the standard queen beds, TV, bathroom. However, the room had been carefully decorated with lovely furnishings, edgy-looking chairs and two of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. My two kids (ages 7 and 13) settled into the room and watched TV while eyeballing the snacks and sodas left in the refrigerator. Actually? The fridge... this was the only thing I didn't like about the room. The tiny fridge was packed with goodies the hotel placed in our room for sale at an exorbitant price but left no way for us to store our own food that we had been carrying across five states. I ended up having to put cream cheeese, yogurt and milk in an ice bucket.

I'm a runner, and being a displaced runner traveling in the American South means that you do a lot of treadmilling in order to avoid running into copperheads or cottonmouths or red ants or any number of the other adorable critters throughout the south that can bite, sting or kill you. So after my kids settled into the room I threw my running shoes on and went straight to the hotel gym.

HOLY COW. The gym here was terrific. Several treadmills, free weights, various cardio machines, a pool, televisions everywhere blah, blah, blah you get the idea. Towels are provided inside the gym, there is a security guard posted up outside the door to keep kids or people who aren't working out from coming in. All in all, it was a standard hotel gym with the exception of the amount of equipment and the fact that everything was in excellent repair. The ONLY complaint I could see lodging was the temperature. I was only able to run five miles before the heat inside the room zapped me.

The staff was wonderful, friendly and super helpful. My reservation was not found upon initial check-in but the woman at the front desk was gung ho and straightened the problem out right away. Not sure what kind of ventilation systems they employ in the casino and other parts of the hotel, but cigarette smoke was never overpowering or much of an issue at all.

All in all, next time I'm in Biloxi I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Always stop in Biloxi on our way to Florida. IP still has smoking rooms in the hotel. Really wanted to comment on IP's 32 restaurant but your program doesn't recognize it. It is on the top floor with water views in every direction. My wife had delicious onion soup and a medium rare Delmonico steak. Her sister had shrimp cocktail and a medium well Filet Mignon. They were both cooked perfectly and very tender and flavorful (they serve Allen Brothers beef). I had shrimp cocktail and scallops also off the appetizer menu. The large shrimp were firm and delicious. The scallops were cooked perfectly. The two appetizers were enough food and I'm not a dainty eater. They have an extensive wine list as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mobiile, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Awesome

World class dining at the 32.. The finest appetizers in the south.. The best of wines.. I always get the "cheap' grape the Malbec wine that France sold to south America and they turned it inot a billion dollar industry.

Stop by get their complimentary bread.. Meet the Head Chef as I did!! He definetly KNOWS who to HIRE. Every place in this hotel has the greatest foods..

My daughter is a professor in Doha, Qatar and she comes to the IP every year for the Pool, the Outside TV and this awesome food. She can eat and has in over 30 foreign countries

Rob

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boring, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fantastic room. Large, bright and clean. Great spa tub with TV. Very large shower with bench. Wonderful food, friendly staff, fun gaming. Plenty of sights to see in the area too. Gorgeous white sand beaches. Interesting artwork.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KANSAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

room was clean neat and well taken care of, would stay again. casino did not overpower you with the smoke.
poker room was roomy, smoke free with smoking area close by. food in poker room was good. motorcycle parking was located a good walking distance could be closer to door but was monitoried via security cameras.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We have gotten mail for two years offering free nights, free play and free food. We book our stay and for the first time no flyer! The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The girl at the buffet is really rude and the calendar at the sports lounge is out of date. We went there for the Captain Morgan giveaways on Sunday and were told they have not actually done that in a couple months. Not a bad place but after the treatment we got, we will stick with vegas.

• Stayed May 2013
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We received your satisfaction survey and were disturbed by the lack of service you received during your visit to the Back Bay Buffet. This is not an acceptable standard of service for our restaurant, and it is through surveys such as yours that we are able to identify these concerns and address them. We want your next visit to be more than you expect.

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!