“Value Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Brecon, United Kingdom
“Value Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights from the 11th March 2013, we had room 2522, a Non-Smoking King. Check-in was swift and cheery as was got there either on a very slack period or on a slow day. Walking past check-in over our stay we saw long lines. Our room (which we had requested) was spotless, large and well decorated in a modern style. It remained quiet throughout our stay.
We booked our room through Hotel.com and got a very good rate (The rate reduced by $12 a night to $52 just before we booked, and it was this that chose this Casino for us) Although the car-park (We self park) was busy, the casino didn't seem so which was strange. The Casino has a non-smoking area on the second floor, and we always used this. There is a totally smoke free Casino in the area. The other Casinos are all a drive away (There is a shuttle for $7.50 a trip!)
but they added interest to our stay.
All in all a very good stay, and yes we would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: A high floor gets good views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

647 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is a first class casino-style hotel. Dining options are varied, and the food is consistent and overall very good. Menu options are inventive....not the same old thing. The buffet is huge and well worth the cost. The elevators serving the hotel are quick. Like most casino-style hotels, you must walk through the casino to get anywhere else, but the journey is quick and not at all complicated. They also offer a smoke-free casino. The hotel location is near the beach. Valet parking is free. Check in and check out can be time consuming. This is one place where they could use more people. Also - upon check in, they will want to charge a deposit to your credit card, which may be hundreds of dollars. This is returned if not used, but sometimes takes days after you leave the resort before the credit is applied. In addition - the in room snack centers are very sensitive. If you even bump it, it will trigger a charge to your room. Finally, they only negative to the rooms is that, although furnished nicely, the carpets need to be steam cleaned or replaced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an eastern view - there is a marvelous sunrise over the river adjacent to the ho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wheatley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We recently returned from a visit to Biloxi and stayed at the IP. I didnt want to leave! Room was lovely very modern and comfy. All staff was great from resaurants, casino, and parking. Would recommend the High Tide restaurant on the second floor food very good reasonable portions and priced well. The buffet is not so great too much money for the food offered and like most buffets not very warm. The restaurant in the lobby is wonderful,,a little more formal but not overly priced so lots of options for food. The poker room was fun and the dealers in the main casino wre friendly overall. Will definately return if opportunity arises and will stay longer!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have been to the IP several times this year while working on the coast and the service has always been excellent. Front desk, housekeeping, restaurants and casino are all quality. Even though we sometimes use Priceline the IP staff has never treated us like some other hotels treat 3rd party guests. The only dislikes I have are $100 hold on our card (but that's returned in a few days) and the extremely long lines a check-in (which we only started seeing the past few visits). But overall the IP is great; we have enjoyed live music at bar, great food throughout, and excellent service repeatedly over the past 12 months-thanks IP for providing a great place to stay at great rates!

• Stayed March 2013
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

A group of seven of us "foodies" were in Biloxi. We were there to check out the Half Shell. A post Katrina restaurant near Hard Rock. From there we went to IP. Access was easy. Parking was slow but orderly. IP keeps a large staff. And they will help you. We're all in our 60's. Went for the Foxworthy show. He was interesting. A bid odd at times. It was 90 minutes long, We had fun but would not return.......to much ciggie smoke.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I went here for my honeymoon for three days and was not treated well. from the moment I checked in there was a problem and at first I just let the small stuff go like not getting my room right I orderd a luxory king jacuzzi suite smoking and they tried putting me in a king non smoking, after some static at the front desk i was given a spa suite wich the room was lovely but I could not get the maids to leave me soap or bath salts for my suite wich are supposed to come with it. And whats worse is I brought a spray bottle of febreeze from my home and the second day the maids stole it from my room! Not Cool. Now on to the food, The first night I had made dinner reservations for 2 at Costa Cuicna (a restraunt in the hotel) at first glance its very nice we orderd the gulf coast bread as an appitezer Good flavor but a little dry and a salad with house dressing and I dont even like salad and I thought it was pretty good... Then the meals came and we orderd the chicken alfredo that came plain and sad looking and didnt have any flavor and the lasagna, that lasagna was absolutly gross, the meat in it is simply discusting, I imagine that is what dog food tastes like. the Next night I had no reservations anywhere and decided to order room service I Big Mistake! I orderd at 9:27 the New york steak and eggs, the steak was orderd medium and came burnt and a quesadilla that was really greasy, and finally a loaded baked potatoe soup THAT NEVER CAME!!!!!!! the waiter said he would be right back with it... I called at 10 to see where it was and they said it was on its way up I call again at 10:30 and they say theyll call the kitchen and see where it is and that they would call me back .... I call them at 11:18 and I find out the kitchen had been closed since 10 and there would be no soup for me that night. They waisted my time and money and cost themselves money as I was planning on eating and then going to Gamble and how do they say thanks they take off $3.00 the exact cost of the soup No part of the 18% gratituity you pay on an order or the $2 delivery charge you pay (even though he did not complete my order) was removed (THANKS). Well On the last day I had reservations for Thirty two at 7 and I canceld it first thing when I woke up t I vowed I wouldnt spend another dime in there Hotel or Casino and I didnt I went to margaritaville and it was a lot fun for playing craps $3 dollar min cheapest I found and they were nice about explaining the game to me, Your not going to get treated like that at IP. I was seriously kicking myself when I went into Beau Rivage for not staying there. Beautiful place lovley staff card perks better than ip service was better and much nicer slot floor and the 14.95 lunch buffet was the best meal I had on my honeymoon. Hard rock is also pretty sweet not as good as Beau Rivage though unless if your waaay into rock memorabilia. Dont get treated bad like me stay some where else Anywhere else the motel 6 was looking alright after staying at IP for a couple days (NOT KIDDING). You tried your hardest to ruin my honeymoon and lost my buisness forever IP Just thought you should know.

Room Tip: You want a good room try a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to IP Casino Resort Spa. Your experience is certainly not representative of the service and quality we strive to provide. Please contact the Hotel Manager directly to further discuss your experience.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very good nights stay. Long line but quick check in. Room on the 28th floor with bay view. Room in desperate need of an update! Hallway noise is a little loud. Free parking. Did not use the pool or the spa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!