“RIP OFF !” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Flin Flon, Canada
“RIP OFF !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

$150.00 for 1 night!!!! Nothing special about the room. 2 queens; so what?Everything has an extra CHARGE!!! We were afraid to use the shampoo etc. for fear of being charged on the $100.00 cover charge they automatically put against your credit card, and promise to count items and return in 3-5 days! How long does it take to count the otems in the mini-bar? I would think everything needs to be counted as soon as one checks out, before it is ready for the next guest. How hard is that?Then when we check the rates on line, I see that it should go for about $80.00,
not the $150.00 we got quoted at the front desk. If we ever went back again, we would look at booking on line.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort Spa. We are very sorry to read the negatives in your review. Like many hotels, we authorize a credit card at check-in for deposit. Rates vary by day, and there may be non-refundable rates available on-line that are lower than rates quoted at the front desk. We apologize for any confusion.

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a review in July and had an issue with ac blowing down on you, tried them again over Christmas and the beds have been placed against the wall opposite where the a/c-heating vent are located. Excellent room and restaurants, gaming wasn't bad either.

Laurel, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

After almost two years I went back to the I.P. in Biloxi in November 2012 with family.
It was a great trip and I found out the old ownwers had sold to Boyd Gameing. The
fact there was a new owner could explain my luck. I won $$$$, met a wonerdful host "Kim"
and enjoyed a great meal at High Tide. Decmeber I got a mailer with rooms and other comps
better than I had ever gotten the years I played with the original ownership. I've seen two
wonderful shows,comped and love the remodeled Hotel rooms. I plan to try the Spa and the
other food venues on future stays.
I stopped going because there was a point where I could not by a Jackpot and who wants to
play where you don't at least win back a little. I paly for fun and if I end the year down a lttle
comps I build are normally equal to or greater than what I invest in the entertainment value.
If you were in the same boat I think you should give'um a try....you might just like it.

Room Tip: Any roomis a good room. They all have views but the west side of the tower gives you a great view of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thompsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We made a last minute trip to Biloxi and needed a room for the night.. We did a quick internet search and called the 800 number for Hotels.com and made our reservation.. When we went to check in they kept us waiting for about a half hour. They told us that we had a reservation from a "wholesaler" and it wasn't in their system. When we asked if they have this problem often they explained that guests who make reservations on Hotels.com are often " confused and think they made a reservation for the IP when they really reserved a room elsewhere " - We checked in as a walk-in at a higher rate then called Hotels.com and verified that we did have a reservation and there didn't appear to be any problem on their end.. My experience in motel management would make me wonder if they would rather "lose" the "wholesale" reservation that they have already been paid for by Hotels.com and sell walk-in rooms so they can make the "retail" rate.

I guess the end conclusion is that you can't trust the IP Casino Resort.. They handled the situation poorly even if they are playing sleezy games with online reservations.. We SHOULD have been asked what rate we were quoted and honored it, then it is between them and the "wholesalers" who can judge the character flaws of the property for themselves.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. We strive to provide incredible guest service and it seems, this time, we did not. Please accept our sincere apology. Investigating what happened, I found that the last name was misspelled. One of our managers caught the error shortly after check-in and adjusted the reservation. Again, I apologize for any confusion.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was a little skeptical about price but it turned out great. Heading to New Orleans we planned to stop at the IP wasnt bad for the price we had a great time. The rooms were nice the staff was great the walls are paper thin we had noisy neighbors it sounded like they enjoyed thereself a little to much. We had a great time this is a 3 hour drive for us we will definitely be back again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I thought it was nice for one night. The room decor was beautiful-blue/gray/black. The tub water ran out slow... The room was clean and bed was very comfortable somewhat like Hilton... The area was advertising rooms $99 (Beau Rivage) thought they would compare NO! We paid $130 for same room but the price was still good :-) I really wanted to stay in Beau Rivage... Isle casino hotel stayed last time was FULL of smoke which this one IP did not smell like smoke. The casino at the IP was ok... I like the Deal or No Deal game :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went to the IP last weekend for my birthday. Had a free room offer and decided to upgrade to a suite for $50 per day- not a bad price. We stayed in room 2701 and it was such a nice room. The bathroom alone was worth upgrading for lol. The bed was super comfy and they had an extra fridge besides the one for the mini bar. Also, a microwave and coffee pot are in a neat little closet with the fridge. The bath had double sinks which is very nice. There's a whirlpool tub and the water comes out of the ceiling to fill it. The shower was the best- a rain shower head and a regular one plus a steam feature as well. I loved showering in there each morning :) the only issue was the coffee pot - it didn't work properly. I called housekeeping and they were at the door in like 2 minutes and got me a new one. The lady that cleaned the room was the same the whole 4 days and she was really great (Marie). All the housekeeping staff were so friendly and helpful.
We ate at the buffet for lunch/dinner a couple times- it was pretty good. They actually had prime rib over the weekend and it was delicious. We also ate at the cafe twice so we could get breakfast past noon lol it was good- the service was good as well.
The casino is big- I was there 3 days before I found the new Michael Jackson slot machine :)
I won a little and lost a lot but had a great time and got a free t shirt for my birthday. Overall I really liked this hotel. We went to other casinos too and we have stayed in most of the hotels in Biloxi - the beau really decorates for Christmas! The IP had a lot of decorations and it looked nice :)
I will stay here again- but ask up front about the $50 resort fee- when we made the reservations the guy told us Saturday was $149 total. When we arrived the $50 resort fee was not included so the real cost was $199- not a huge issue since we were celebrating but it added $100 to the bill and that can be a big deal. We understood the 2 free nights were $50 each day, but thought the other nights already included the fee. Seems like every hotel now adds all these fees to the price- that's fine but don't quote the lower price- just tell me the whole price :)
The iP has very reasonable rates especially on the weekend and if you are in their players club you get room offers and free food :)

Room Tip: The higher up rooms do have the best views- if you can, spring for an upgrade just to get that lovel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!