“Good Size Room With All The Amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Rates On Rooms!
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Size Room With All The Amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We only stayed here one night as we awaited our flight from Gulfport to Boston which was delayed due to Hurricane Sandy. We had spent the previious night in Gulfport near the airport. For about the same money (approximately $65.00) we stayed here. My wife loved the bed and the decor. We were able to win a bit on the slots unlike our previous stay at Palace Casino Resort. Overall, the hotel was very good and wished we had stayed there instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was our first time to Biloxi and would have prefered more of a Gulf or bay location, but it is what it is. The room was decent, the casino was....well, a casino. I must say that the bartenders and all the staff were very accommodating. The food was good at a reasonable price. I'd stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Axis, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

we stayed for my birthday oct 28-29 the room was 8/10 clean had to call for touchup to bathroom and glasses in room not clean--the staff is what really made me feel less than important ---rudeness from all wait staff in each area high tide and buffet .....i think we will rethink another visit..............

Room Tip: rooms overlooking bay are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My friend and I visited here in mid-September, and loved it. The pool area was exceptional, the hotel was clean and nice, and the we even made money at the casino--which always helps the experience. We couldn't wait to go back, so we took another trip there in October. We should have stopped at one visit. The hotel was full this weekend due to a concert, so they couldn't have moved us to another room if I had insisted--which I didn't. The deluxe room we got was spacious, but has severe problems. I called first about the water temperature. It changed very often, but never got beyond slightly warm. Maintenance came to the room and said basically 'if you don't like the temperature, wait a bit and try again'. Not something you want to hear when you are there for only the weekend. The room had very few outlets which are necessary for phone chargers these days. The second call to the front desk was because I could get no wifi signal. Front Desk referred me to tech support, but I gave up on that. Only when complaining to the maintenance guys about the lack of internet in the room (and them verifying it) did they locate a cable for WIRED internet. Luckily I had a router and created my own wireless, but I shouldn't have had to.

Because the first visit was excellent, and the second one not, I rated this hotel as average, since there was no option for hit or miss depending on the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just recently stayed at the IP last week (10/24). Since I'm a non-smoker..I make sure that I request a non smoking room. When I got to my room I thought it actually smelled like a ashtray. I happened to see a housekeeper on the floor and ask her if the (floor & rooms) were non smoking she replied yes. She blamed it on the people smoking in the lobby next to the elevators. On the first night I turned the A/C all the way on...it helped a little but laying there in bed I kept smelling cigs/ashtray smell. I have stayed at the IP resort for the last 6 yrs but have noticed it does have the lingering smell of cigarettes everywhere you go...otherwise the rooms are real nice/comfortable. Its probably time to find another place to stay especially a place that doesn't reek so bad of cigarettes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had a one night stay and found a great deal at this supposedly 4-star hotel. I know that all casino hotels are smoker magnents, but I'm a reasonably tolerant non-smoker...as long as it's not in my face. On arrival at this very beautiful hotel, it was obvious that this place is not just smoker-friendly; it's completely dominated by smoking. Everywhere you go, it is literally in your face. There were smokers standing around at the check in area, puffing away. Same in all public cooridors, the elevator lobbies, and even on the elevators themselves! The cloud was so thick, you would think the building was on fire. My supposedly non-smoking room also reeked of smoke, especially in the bathroom. I figured out that it was coming up from the plumbing from the room below me. When I returned home, all my clothes and overnight bag reeked of smoke. All nonsmokers should avoid the IP Biloxi. The shame of it is that It's actually a stunningly beautiful property; it must have cost several hundred million dollars to build. But the over-the-top smoking scene ruins it. Stay away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort Spa. We are very sorry to read the negatives in your review. We will be upgrading our HVAC system in the casino early next year that will improve air flow and decrease the smell of smoke. If you find your non-smoking room smells smoky, please contact the front desk. They will be happy to move you if another non-smoking room is available or, if not, bring a machine into your room that reduces odors in the room.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

First time visiting Biloxi, found out ip was part of bconnected & decided to try it out, loved everything except pool area closed Monday before I got there would have loved to try it out since it was still warm, even brought back little more money than I took that's always nice. Room, food, slots was all great

Room Tip: Don't wait till last minute
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi? Share your experiences!