“Great Staff; Large & Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Abilene, Texas
“Great Staff; Large & Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I got put here by lodging at Keesler AFB because they were full on base. Upon hearing that I was staying at an Econo Lodge, my heart sank, fearing the worst. I couldn't have been more wrong. I'll start by saying this isn't a 5-Star resort. However, the size and cleanliness of the rooms, matched with the attentiveness of the staff and housekeeping, was unparalleled. The managers were more than accommodating, there was a nice breakfast every morning, and my room was spotless every day I got home from class. It should also be noted that though the residence is just across Hwy 90 from the beach, I never once had water from Hurricane Isaac even come close to my room.

I'd mark this a full 5/5 if they had a washer & dryer on site, but they don't. There's a coin-op laundry in the campground next door though.

Regardless, I'd stay here again, especially after hearing about the nightmares others had with their rooms on base.

Room Tip: The lower numbered rooms are slightly larger than the higher number rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sam b, Manager at Econo Lodge Keesler AFB, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
mr. watt ,

we would like to thank you, we really enjoyed having your business, and you are welcome to come back any time. we really appreciate you taking your time to rate your stay at the hotel.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
duncan falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our stay at this motel was very good. They were very courteous and did everything they could to make our stay a great one. We chose to stay there as the rooms are clean and it is a quiet place to relax. They have a nice breakfast room. Great waffles.I would like to thank all the staff and the owner for going out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable time.If we make it back to Biloxi next year i will not hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sam b, Manager at Econo Lodge Keesler AFB, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
we are glad to know that you enyoyed your stay with us. we do hope to see you again next year if not before.we appreciate your business, and you have a nice day.

managment
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have a 4 month extended stay at the Econo Lodge in Biloxi MS. The staff was reliable, courteous, and quick to respond to my needs. I would highly recommend staying at this location and if I return to Biloxi I would ask to stay at the Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: 101 is a large room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
sam b, General Manager at Econo Lodge Keesler AFB, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
thank you for giving your response on trip advisor. it was a joy to have you here. come back and see us in the future
Florence, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

For the money, this is a great little motel! Everything in Biloxi/Gulfport is overpriced but this place gives you a good bang for your buck. Front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast is well stocked & includes make-your-own-waffles. Rooms are very clean - big flat screen TV & extra comfy beds. AC worked VERY well. Located across the street from the beach, a nice little beachfront bar & grill called Shaggy's & a Waffle House. Casinos nearby if that is your thing. Nice small pool, although it closes at 10. Was able to check-in 2 hours before stated check-in time of 2pm. Motel is near an active railroad line but, as I was with a 6 yr old who adores trains, this was a plus for us.

Room Tip: Stay in first building if you mind train noise. I stayed on first floor and upstairs noise was fairl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
sam b, General Manager at Econo Lodge Keesler AFB, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
the management of econolodge keesler afb would like to thank you for your review on trip advisor. we strive to make sure that every guest is satisfied with their stay. we hope you will come and see us again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stay in this motel quite a bit. I keep coming back because of several things. One is the cleanliness of the rooms. Another reason is the price is not outrageous like other Motels I've stayed at on the coast. Another reason I choose to stay here is the nice pool and excellent breakfast room. The overall experience of staying here is always pleasant with no surprises. The main reason for me to keep coming back here is the management. Dina is so very nice and cordial when I check in and there is always a smile on her face. She seems to go out of her way to accommodate me and my room requests. She is truly a huge asset to this Motel. I will continue to stay here simply because of the pleasant way I am treated all around.

Johnny Z
Baton Rouge, La.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
we would like to thank you for your response on trip advisor. we work very hard to make sure that every guest is pleased with their stay with us. we appreciate your business at our hotel.

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Property is run down. Room was not clean. Wi-Fi dosnt work if your at the back of the property or their is allot of customers. Bathroom sink was full of bugs, had to buy new tooth brushes. Bathroom light dosn't work, Bath tub drain plugged up. Bed uncomfortable and A/C dosn't work right. Hot all night. Owner/manager is a disgusting little man, with a body odor and does not speak english. $150.00 hidden pet charge and $150.00 hidden smoking fee. Will not come back here. Property has a really nice pool, but you can't use it because the gate is pad locked.

Room Tip: Don't waist your time and money at this property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed one night at this Econo Lodge and while the place looked all new and clean there were bugs all over the floors and in the bathroom and in the tub. I don't know what kind of bugs they were but I'm not one to sleep well in a bug infested room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Keesler AFB? Share your experiences!