“Beau Rivage...Simply the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, WI
“Beau Rivage...Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

On a recent job searching trip to Biloxi, I decided to stay at the Beau...at the insistence of family members. It was a decision I'm glad I made. What a magnificent resort! Luckily for me I was there for the holiday season, so the resort was a blossom of holiday decorations...very impressive. Check in was quick and flawless...not to mention a great week-day room rate. The room was very elegantly appointed for a standard room. Soaking tub, marble floors and shower, double bowl vanity sink, upscale carpet, furnishings and flat screen tv. I enjoyed the buffet and all of their shops. The spa and pool are second to none! The remodeling since Katrina has really paid off; amazing that they spent nearly as much remodeling as what the resort cost when it was built! The Beau Rivage is just a magical and incredible place to stay! Best part of the trip...I got the job and my dream of living on the Mississippi Coast is now a reality!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,275)
  • Finnish first
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

If you thought that the Beau Rivage was nice before Katrina, then just wait until you visit it now! The lobby area gives you a great feel for the luxury that awaits in the promenade shopping area as well as in the guest rooms. Each room has an HDTV, well-appointed canopy bed, seperate tub and shower. The marble bath vanity and spacious closet are bonuses also. I highly recommend!!

• Liked — Guest room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the breakfast buffet
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marietta, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2006

My husband and I had hesitated about returning to Biloxi after the hurricane. We didn't know how the clean up was going and having been from South Florida and seeing the aftermath of Andrew we were pleasantly surprised to see how far along the rebuilding process has gone in Biloxi.
The Beau Rivage is the most beautiful hotel I've ever seen. My husband retired after 38 years with Economic Lab. and spent all of those years dealing with hotels and restaurants. He says the Beau is the finest above all that he has ever entered and that's saying a lot coming from a man with his years of experience.
We were there all of last week. It was as always a wonderful experience. We can't say we won a lot of money but we enjoyed trying. Carole Halupke, Marietta, Ga.

Stayed October 2006
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

The Beau was beautiful with all of the flowers. The casino
was great I loved the new slots. My room had an odor that
I can not describe. The glass on the table and dresser was
dirty underneath as if it was saved from the huricane. The
check in people need improvement. My daughter and her
husband arrived late and could not get into their room because
the lock was broke but they would not change her room
instead had maintenance open the door. The next day they
had to ask twice for a new room since the lock could not be
fixed. We ate at the Terrace Cafe but I was disappointed in my
shrimp salad that I always order and my crab cakes were cold.
The waiter said they were training a new cook.. The service needs inprovement as a lot of quests were complaining. The poor waiters were running around doing the best they could.
I think they need more help. Hopefully this will all improve because we love the beau and will be back.

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — The smelll in the room and the dirty glass tops on table and dresser
  • Tips/Secrets — no
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tampa Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

Our arrival at Beau Rivage was herald with long lines at check-in. It took about 30 minutes. We checked out on the TV when we left. The lobby was artfully decorated for the autumn season. Pumpkin patches abounded and hundreds of potted golden mums filled the sea of gardens. It is a spectacular, lovely lobby/atrium area!

The elevators are a very short walk from the lobby as well as to the casino. All of the rooms were just remodeled. The new Beau room’s design is the same; only the color schemes have changed. We had blue spreads, rust chair, beige draperies but other rooms have different color schemes. It works well and is cheerful and bright. They have added 32 inch plasma TVs to the guest rooms. The bathrooms are decent size; separate tub and shower, large marble vanity with one sink but lots of counter space. The amenities were of good quality; shampoo/conditioner, two kinds of soap, mouth wash etc. A make-up mirror and hair dryer are attached to the wall. You will also find a safe inside a very ample closet that also houses an iron and ironing board. The new pillow top mattresses are wonderful and the pillows are of better quality. Besides the desk/dresser, the room has two club-type chairs and a small table. Our room was made up impeccably by early afternoon each day. We never heard any noise of any kind.

The casino itself has a new look. You will find at the casino entrance a wide promenade lined with table games that runs all the way back to the High Limit Room. The draperied canopies over the table games are reminiscent of Bellagio. We had great fun playing in the casino and were most comfortable there.

I just got off the phone this morning with the Beau and they confirmed that their fine dining places, BR Prime, Jia and Olives will not be open until December-January. While the casino and rooms were ready for the opening, only casual dining was available during our trip in October; Terrace Café, The Buffet, Memphis-Q, The Coast, Snacks, and of course room service. We visited the café, buffet, Coast and had room service one morning. Vast array of choices at the buffet: heaps of southern vegetables, seafood gumbo, jambalaya, crab legs, prime rib, pork loin, and cat fish. Friday evening we had dinner in the coffee shop. We each ordered a seafood platter; fried catfish, oysters, shrimp, crab cakes and hush puppies. The crab cake wasn’t just a lump; it was stuffed in a shell and baked until crusty—yum, yum! We visited the Coast for lunch on Saturday. I had a shrimp po’ boy and my husband had a spectacular burger. We both had a cup of white bean soup that was outstanding! All restaurants provided excellent service and nice atmospheres. Sunday morning we ordered room service for breakfast while we packed and it was, fantastic!

One thing that stood out particularly for us was the excellent service we received from everyone we encountered. We can’t wait to return to the Beau! It is equal to anything in Vegas.

• Liked — Quality, comfort , hosuekeeping
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — Great Gambling Getaway
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

I have always wanted to stay here...but...It took far too long to check in; there were 5 or 6 lines of 4 to 5 guests deep. I reserved an ocean view room, and that's what they gave me. Room 17077, "A lucky room" the check girl said. I had dinner in the BR Prime restaurant and had to send back my fish, and the replacement wasn't much better. My room was nicely furnished, the bathroom was beautiful. At 3am I awoke to a pile-driver pounding steel beams into the ocean floor once a second. After half an hour, I figured it would not stop. I called the Front Desk and they gave me a room on the other side of the Hotel. The beds seemed too soft and pillows too hard. As I checked out (waited in line to check out 'cause the video check-out didn't work, as well as the TV), I was asked if I enjoyed my stay. I told her my stay was awful. She said she was sorry, and hoped I would return again. I smiled. Today, a week later, I'm booking a room in Biloxi...but not here. Sorry.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

While the hotel LOOKS very nice, it is run very poorly and is a disappointment. It took us 45 minutes to check in, even though there were only two guests ahead of us. When we finally arrived at the front of the line they told us they only had smoking rooms left. We had obviously reserved a non-smoking room, and even called that evening to say that we'd be checking in late and to confirm our room would be ready for us. The clerk said 'you wouldn't want an ocean view room anyway. They are doing construction next door 24 hours a day and its terribly noisy." Obviously their rates should reflect that then. Finally the manager said 'oh HERE'S one' and then gave us what we asked for.

Later in our stay we came back to the room at 9pm and housekeeping was cleaning our room. We called and asked why it took until 9pm to clean our room and we got no answer. Then the gentleman from housekeeping broke our toilet and just ducked out without saying anything or calling anyone. We noticed it right away and went down the hall after him and he just said he didn't speak English.

While we were in the casino we heard several people complaining about the hotel... from the check-in process to the service. No guest appeared to be happy at that point.

Again, the hotel looks very nice, but it is a very disappointing experience and not at all worth the expense. They need to train their staff and managers in customer service before this will be a nice hotel.

• 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!