“The Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“The Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a car trip down to Biloxi to enjoy what we hoped would be a good hotel, a fun casino and to get a breath of sea air as well. We were most pleasantly surprised to get them all rolled up in one at the Beau Rivage. When entering the hotel we felt the decor to favor that of the Bellagio in Vegas. The weather was a bit dreary but the colors and decor of the hotel gave it a bright and cheerful aura. The foliage was everywhere and it was very nicely done. There are shops and restaurants along the concourse for people of all ages and pocketbooks. The check-in time is 4pm (I believe earlier check-in is allowed as well) but there was no problem. Although there were at least 75 guests waiting to check-in at the same time, there were 10 agents to help them. We lined up, checked in, and received our keys in 15 minutes. Not bad at all.
There are two separate corridors with plenty of elevators that split the floors so getting on and off was never a problem, a long wait, or crowded. I was surprised that there was no security evident at the entrance of each corridor, to check the room keys, as they do in Vegas.
The room was exactly as we requested and the Gulf view was excellent especially since the windows are floor to ceiling. When we wanted to take a break, it was so relaxing to sit on the comfortable chairs and look out at the sea. The bathrooms were a very good size with a separate deep tub and a shower with plenty of room. My only disappointment was that the shower did not have a lower ledge that women like for the leg shaving process. Most importantly, the room was very, very clean.
As I said, the weather was a bit gloomy so the outdoor pool, as beautiful as it was ,had no takers. It also had it's own dock with slips for boaters who wish to visit.
The casino was fun and the cocktail waitresses found you even if you moved to a different slot machine which were a bit tight...at least for us.
The restaurants, (quite a few to choose from) were great and easy to find. I suppose the economy forced the hotel to have the restaurants take turns being open, rather than have them all available every night, but that was fine. We stayed 3 nights so we were able to experience them all.
The staff, with which we dealt , could not have been more friendly, informative,and helpful. You could tell that their training was thorough.
There is an outdoor walking bridge from the hotel to the beach. It is long but quite uniquely fashioned.
If you want to enjoy a fabulous lunch or dinner, take a walk across the street from the hotel to Mary Mahoney's Restaurant. It is an authentic French house that has all the rooms now being used for dining. The food is out of this world and the staff could not have been friendlier or more accomodating! They also have a bar if you just want to go for drinks. The restaurant courtyards, fountain, and 2000 year old tree add a touch of romance to an overall fine dining experience.
A great trip....well worth the drive and very affordable!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Finnish first
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We went on a three day trip to Biloxi and the Beau Rivage. This experience ranks right up there with any that we had in Vegas. Everything from the flight, check-in, service, meals and the casino were very high. We also had a round trip flight contracted via Beau Rivage that was included and put the finishing touches on a unforgettable experience.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Independence, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were offered a free three-night stay at Beau Rivage and are very glad we accepted. The hotel was spotless. The room was one of the nicest I've seen, and I have seen a few, both connected to casinos and not. We tried only two of the restaurants, the cafe and the buffet. The buffet was excellent and reasonably priced. The cafe was slightly more expensive than I'd expected but the food was wonderful, and the service excellent. We would have enjoyed the hot tub/outdoor pool and the nearby beach if it had not been raining so much. It was nice that the two restaurants we chose to dine at were convenient to the guest elevators, so it was unnecessary to walk through the casino to get there. I was disappointed that the Memphis Q Restaurant wasn't open during our stay. We would be happy to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

After many Vegas trips MGM sent offer for the Beau. We had done Tunica in January and found that to be nasty to say the least. What a impressive change on this trip.Every part went like clockwork. No delays for anything from checkin to drinks while playing,to room service. All were great! We had some questions and comps. We went to Slot Supervisor office and Terry took great detail and time to listen to our concerns and educated us on many things. To top it off we both did well playing, the waitress attention was outstanding and the Cafe food was great at every meal. This overall was better then Vegas which has gotten real tight for most.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Covington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed 3 nights. Loved the hotel, the restaurants, the pool and the casino. Didn't win a lot but still kept us playing.

Hotel staff very polite and helpful. Really can't say anything bad about this trip. We will be going again and again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dothan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

With the exception of a few, the staff knows little about service. Secondly, Beau Rivage discided to make a charge to my credit card nearly 10 days after paying for incidental(personel CC) on the day of check out. Even though the room charges was to be charged to my business, Beau Rivage had loss the business credit card info and decided to charge my personal card. Luckyly, I discovered this charge when checking my checking account. Come to find out, other guest told us of double billng errors on credit card. So far, management doesn't seem to be concern with this back door approach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

We (myself and DH) went down to Biloxi courtesy of a 3 night comped stay at the Beau Rivage-the trip also included air and round trip transfers. We had done the same trip about 8 weeks ago a loved it so much I thought I would write a review. We dropped our car at the Qwik Park lot and a shuttle promptly delivered us to Metro Airport around 1pm. We were quickly processed at the Vision air counter in the North terminal and made our way to thru security and to our gate. The charter plane is a 737 which held about 130 folks. The flight left around 3pm. This time the flight had a few open seats. Once we took off and were at cruising altitude the crew served drinks of all types-including alcoholic. I am sure this was to get us 'loosened up' for our arrival. We arrivied at Gulfport Biloxi airport around 4:45pm with the time change. The flight is approx 2 hours. They had two very nice coach buses waiting for us. Our luggage was transported in a van and was to be delivered to our rooms. It was a 20 minute ride to the Beau Rivage. Once there we were handed envelopes with our room keys and other hotel information. They had the luggage set out on the side walk as we entered so we opted to grab it vs waiting for it to be delivered to our room. This time I had requested a non smoking, high floor, gulf view room-all of which we got. We were on the 22nd floor and over looked the gulf. The sun was starting to set so didn't see too much. Very nice room-king bed with plenty of storage, large bathroom with separate tub and shower, I just wished there had been some storage in the bathroom vanity as I was finding that I had to store items on the edge of the tub. Room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job the 4 days we were there. Unpacking done we decided to venture out. We had two free buffets from the IP (via mail) so we walked to the Hard Rock and participated in a slot tournament-I think Sun thru Thurs 3p till 8p. Neither of us had enough points but it was fun. We then caught the Boomtown shuttle-This runs from Boomtown to IP to Beau then to Hard Rock. Drivers are very nice and appreciate a small tip. We found the buffet at IP very good-nice selection and food hot. Once stuffed we did some slot play at IP, I was lucky to win $900. Drink service while at the slots seemed a little less frequent than the past. But very pleasant and a small tip again was welcome. We caught the Boomtown shuttle back to the Beau and spent some time in the casino. For a Thursday night it was very quiet. We made 'donations' at many slots (so much for my winnings) then decided to call it a night. Day 2 Friday-We got up and headed to MacDonald's for breakfast (just down from Hard Rock). We had tried the Waffle house last trip and weren't too impressed. After breakfast we bought an all day pass for each of us for the Beachcomber Trolley. Alot of good info on the Trolley on this site. The pass is good on any of the buses, Casino Hopper and the Trolley. The cost is $5 per day. The buses will pick you up at various points on Beach Blvd or sometimes within the hotel areas themselves. Our first stop was to go to Treasure Bay Casino-it was on the smaller side but we still had fun checking out the various machines. Once we had our fill there we picked up the Trolley and headed down to Treasure Bay-a much larger casino. We enjoyed ourselves here. Make sure you sign up for all the Players cards. At Treasure Bay if you brought in a free play offer from another casino they would have doubled it. I had written that down but then forgot. Very friendly CW and good service. It was about 2p and we were getting hungry so we took the trolley back to the Beau. We liked seeing Gulfport when we were leaving Treasure Bay-still alot of Katrina damage evident but alot of building going on. Gulfport is where you would pick up the Ship Island Ferry. We had read on TA many good reviews on the Ole Biloxi Schooner restaurant so thought we would try it. It was less than a ten minute walk from the Beau-just down from the hospital on Howard st. We wanted to try some hometown cuisine. I had the crabmeat po'boy and my DH had a shrimp po'boy and we split a basket of fries. I had my po'boy dressed-which is with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Service was prompt and good. Bill came to about $16, charge cards accepted. We walked back to the Beau and since it had started to rain to a nap. Mid afternoon we ventured to the casino-playing here and there, winning here and there. I stopped by the Players Club to see if I would have enough comps to go to dinner at Memphis Q. They checked and I had enough for 1 meal at this time. But they recommened just charging everything to your room vs getting a comp here and there. Since we did do a good amount of playing at the Beau we figured it would be comped in the end. Players club made reservations for the Memphis Q for us at 8pm. Dinner was very good-both myself and DH had the filet-we had had it last time and it was one of the best we had tasted. This time it was as good but still very tasty. you get choice of potatoe and it comes with veggie-this time my green beans were cold but they were promptly replaced. Ryan our waiter was the same one we had last trip and his service is great. We walked back over to Hard Rock to see what was going on. Dionne Warwick had performed tonight but I wasn't able to get any free tickets. Headed back to our room and watched some tv and then to sleep. Day 3 Saturday-RAIN!!! DH went to the Roasted Bean and picked up two coffee's for us to enjoy in the room. You can get refills all day long by showing your receipt. It was $6 for two but we did get good use on the refills-you don't need to keep your cups just show your receipt. We had been watching the weather and knew that Texas was being hit with floods so Mississippi was also getting it. We didn't let that stop us. Fortunately I had brought a travel umbrella with us, but one gust of wind and it turned inside out. We made it over to the Hard Rock and picked up the Trolley. We had them drop us at the Grand as we had a comp for free breakfast-it was 10:30am by the time we arrived and we were informed breakfast was over, but we were able to get lunch. Very tasty, nice variety. They have monitors that tell you the variety offered at that particular station which is helpful. Once we finished we gambled a bit and then decided to head to the Isle casino. Once outside we found that the rain was still coming down but we were able to stand under an overhang and watch for the Trolley. We had fun at the Isle-no big wins but good drink service. After a few hours we decided to go to the Palace. The rain had eased up and we were still full from lunch so we walked-less than a 10 minute walk. Palace has a nice variety of machines on two floors. We caught the Trolley back to the Beau and played for a bit. We then caught the Boomtown shuttle and went to the IP-I had enough comps to cover two dinners-it was the seafood buffet. Very good variety-crab legs-both snow and dungeness, mussels, oysters to name a few. It was raining again as we left the IP but a Casino hopper came as we left so hopped on it back to the Beau. Since we were leaving tomorrow I did a bit of packing. Due to the weather we didn't go to the pool this time-but did enjoy it in the past. Day 4 Sunday-naturally since we are leaving it is Sunny!!! Called down to customer care to see what would be comped on our account. Was informed that I still had money to spend. So we headed to the Terrace cafe for breakfast as we really didn't want the buffet as we had had our share this trip. We had to wait a few minutes to be seated, but our order was promptly taken. It did seem to take a while for us to get our food. I had the fritata and was somewhat disappointed in the flavor. My DH had the french toast and said it was good. Our waitress never came back to check on us which deducted from her tip. Our luggage was picked up from our rooms around 10am-we didn't have to be there. We played our last few slots and had a few 'tall' spicey bloody Mary's-they are very good at the Beau. We had to board the buses back to the airport around 12:30p and were on our way by 12:45p. Once at the airport we had to pick up our luggage from the group on the side walk and check in at the Vision air counter. Within 10 minutes we were thru security and to our gate. We could tell by the changing sky a storm was coming, sure enough a thunder and lightening show lasted for about half an hour. We were delayed in our take off but flight was very good-no alcohol is served on return flights. MGM knows how to run this operation. We will continue to go as we get the offers. Biloxi is a GREAT place-alot to see and do and so many nice people. Any questions please email me at [--]. Thanks for all the TA who posted and proveded me with the great information. Sorry this is so long.

Been to Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!