“Not an appropriate location for a business conference.” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carolinas
“Not an appropriate location for a business conference.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

The Beau Rivage is a gambling hotel, and is ill suited for business. Conference attendees must walk through the casino to reach the conference area, via escalators. The massive amount of cigarette smoke wafts up the elevators, such that there is a thick cloud in the lobby area of the conference center. All of the restaurants circle this casino, so smoke is everywhere. Lots of smoke. There is also an issue with rodents...our 200 attendees were constantly disrupted with mice running across the floor and hiding under tables where participants were seated. As you can imagine, there were quite a few gasps and squeals.

The rooms were a great disappointment. There is no refridgerator, coffee pot, or microwave. If you like to travel with your own snacks, you'll have nowhere to store them. There is also no WiFi. so plan to bring your own ethernet cable...the hotel does not supply. You must go down to the coffee shop for coffee in the morning, and they don't open until 6 a.m. It's rather expensive...more than 3.00 for regular coffee, or about 200% higher than Starbucks charges. You do get free refills throughout the day, though.

I tried to reach the concierge for two days for restaurant recommendations, only to find there was not one on duty during any part of my stay (Monday-Thursday).

Overall, very disappointing.

I suppose this is a great place for heavy smoking gamblers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Finnish first
Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

By Las Vegas standards, the Beau Rivage seems average at best. So I was mildly disappointed in the "resort," all in all. Perhaps I would have been more impressed if I had not been fortunate enough in the past to stay at some of the better casino resorts in Las Vegas.

My room at the Beau Rivage was not particularly impressive or spacious, although the bathroom was nice and well-appointed. The common areas were just okay. Ditto for the buffet restaurant.

Three major annoying negatives:
1. At least partly due to under staffing, the check-in process was arduous, with several long lines of impatient guests. It was by far the worst check-in experience I've encountered at a resort of this type.
2. The resort charges $12.95 per day for in-room Internet connectivity, which was not explained at check-in.
3. The resort charges $15 per visit for use of its weight room/exercise facility, which also was not explained at check-in.

Two positives:
1. The resort is within easy driving distance, if not walking distance, of a decent beach.
2. The pool area is very nice, although relatively small by Las Vegas standards.

I'm not a gambler. So I can't comment on the casino and gaming operations.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

We received a free trip to the Beau Rivage for 3 nights and I was pleasantly surprised with the trip since we always go to Las Vegas. The hotel was large and the casino was a good size too. We received good service on the casino floor and at the buffet and terrace cafe. The breakfast and dinner buffet had a good selection and the terrace cafe had such big sandwich plates that I couldn't finish it. I did miss not having a lot of hotels around like in Vegas to walk to for a break but the Hard Rock next door was nice too. Our room was large with a huge bathroom giving you a tub and separate glass shower which was very nice. We had a king bed with a much too bouncy pillow top mattress since I am accustomed to sleeping on a tempurpedic. So I didn't sleep good during my stay. Smoking in the casino wasn't that bad until late Saturday when it really got busy. Then they seemed to pipe the cool air in and I had to put a jacket on. I enjoyed my stay enough to come back again. :-)

Christiana, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

We stayed at the Beau Rivage for 4 nights (Monday night through Thursday night) during the third week of March 2009.
I paid about $75/night, which I thought was a HUGE deal, but after getting there, I realized that there were others who not only stayed at the Beau for even cheaper, but that almost any other plain old hotel on the coast would have really delivered when it comes to amenities....and for cheaper.

When I made my reservations, I was told that the hotel had wireless internet. Once I arrived, I found that this was not true. I could plug my laptop directly into the wall for internet....but then it would charge me $12.99 a day for internet. What kind of bogus establishment charges its guests that much for internet, and daily, at that??

Also, they charge $20 to use a bellhop. Again, what other establishment does that? I am sure there are places that do, but not on the coast anyway -- the other hotels (gaming and non-gaming both) have bellhops as a complimentary service, and you can tip if you so choose, but the service itself is free. Why the Beau charges for this....is beyond me, unless they really are doing that badly.

The pool hours posted on the Beau's website were different from what the hours actually were during the time we stayed at the Beau.
All the stores closed VERY early, and I was not the only person wondering about this; walking through the promenade, many times I heard other people asking each other "Why are they all closed? It's only ___ o'clock!"

There was no coffee maker in the room, the beds were very low-quality and we had trouble sleeping on them, and the front desk clerk was very rude to me when I first checked in on Monday.

Overall, I can tell that the Beau used to be a very nice property, but these days it is definitely run down and I didn't get a very good impression of MGM Mirage from staying there. It seems that they've just given up on the Beau, and that's kind of sad.

tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

Took advantage of a free flight and room package at the BR over the March 13th and 14th weekend. They have these trips well organized, so ity's easy in and easy out. We arrived early in the am so we had the entire first day and took advantage of it. Playing the slot and tables is why they bring you here so we hit them hard and heavy, our luck wasn't to bad. The casino was clean and had plenty of games in all price ranges. Having earned enough points we ate the buffet both nights we were there. The buffet was pretty good but next time we will try one of the 4 or 5 restuarants they have for at least one meal. For breakfast we ate at the 24/7 restuarant they have the first morning (mistake, it was almost $30.00 with tip) and the Coffee shop the second morning (that's the better choice and just as satisfying). Our room was very nice and had a seperate tub and shower, which my girlfriend loved. I read a few reviews before we left and not all were good but we had no problems on this tripand give this place a well deserved thumbs up.... We also visited the Hard Rock Casino next door and The Grand Biloxi a few miles down the road. They have a shuttle that runs between all the casino's in Biloxi and it cost a $1.25 per person. If you are thinking of staying here I give it high marks so give it a try. Even though this was a "free trip" me and my girlfriend had a blast, we will definately be back.

Almonte, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

Cannot beat this place for the price. Got a room here for $69. It was a 5 star room with lots of space and great views. Try and get a corner room overlooking the ocean. We are not gamblers, but it looked like a typical Vegas casino. We ate lunch in the Terrace Cafe. The food was very good but a little expensive. We ate supper and breakfast at the Buffet. It was very good with lots of assortment and reasonably priced. You had to wait in line but the line moved quickly. It also included wine and beer at no charge. We tried to go golfing --- but there was a tournament on and so it was not available. Green Fees were very expensive at $200-$300 per golfer. Also there was a $12/day charge for the internet. Parking is free. Overall a great place to stay.

fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

We parked in the enormous FREE park and walked past the few shops to the lobby (NOTE could have used Valet Parking which is FREE)
We had just been to Vegas and had noticed (that due to layoffs) service was slow and the staff did not have time to be as friendly as so we knew what to expect

Several restaurants were in walking distance ( for example Mary Mahoneys)

Overall ; it was a pleasant experience

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!