“Not as great as I hoped it would be.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Garden City, Kansas
“Not as great as I hoped it would be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I was curious. A big, beautiful hotel right on the beach with a huge casino and these great reviews.... What's not to like? So we came to see. Initially, the building reminded me of the Bellagio, my favorite hotel in Vegas. And you could see sparkling white beaches on the way in! Wow! I had reserved a suite on the 26th floor with a view of the gulf and I couldn't wait to see it. What a disappointment! The ocean here isn't really blue, it's more of a brownish-green color.... like mud, maybe, or oil.

So we gave up on the beach and tried the casino. We lost. And lost. So we tried the other casinos here..... And lost. Pretty quickly and more than you would think. But that's just the luck of the game, so we headed back to our suite. We enjoyed the room, although the decor was VERY outdated. We joked that it sort of looked like Caesar's had had a giant rummage sale sometime in the nighties and Beau Rivage bought everything. Think of faux marble with columns, faux marble with off-white wood, crazy bright floral fabric and spiderweb-backed chairs and you get the idea. In the bathroom? Gilded everything and a slippery Jacuzzi long enough for two NBA players but too narrow for one normal- sized person to move around in much. Still, the bed was comfy and we loved the floor-plan.

When we opened the door we discovered that although the housekeeping staff had been there while we were gone and cleaned the room, our dirty breakfast dishes were STILL sitting on the table! Our uneaten food and dirty dishes had been sitting there for twelve hours, even though we called to ask for room service to pick it up (there was a card on our tray asking us to call and not put the dishes in the hallway, so that's what we did) and the maids had been IN THE ROOM and cleaned everything else. I have never seen anything like it. BOTH room service and housekeeping dropped the ball, and I was unhappy enough about it that I called and spoke with the manager. She gave us a room service discount and I appreciated the gesture. But I guess my final impression of the Beau is that it probably CAN be a true four-star property but it doesn't always see the need to be.

Initially we wanted to stay one more night but since we weren't high rollers (having never been to the property we couldn't be) the desk staff told us we couldn't keep our suite and would have to move to a different room. And somewhere in this hotel there must be lovely, tastefully decorated suites: I saw photos of them on the website. If we were casino "VIPs" might someone have remembered to pick up our room service tray? We could have kept the suite, and I have to wonder if we might even gotten a room designed by someone during this millennium. But how might one become a "high roller" somewhere if the service and gambling were both so disappointing that he didn't bother to stay? Just a thought for the Beau's casino staff. One of us had the resources to do so. Instead we left, and undoubtedly spent those resources in better ways.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Finnish first
Pasadena, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

One of the best hotels on the coast. Casino very nice but comps aren't that good. Other casinos in area are better on food/ room comps. Hotel very much like Vegas and the poker room is one of the best in the South. The service is very good at the bar. The SMELL is one of the best you will ever smell. No smoke smell and the flowers not only contribute to the wonderful smell but are extremely pretty.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Gulfport, Mississippi, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the Best the Mississippi Gulf Coast has to offer and in my opinion there isn't even a close second choice! When we visit Biloxi we always stay at the Beau. The showroom and the restaurants are fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pembroke, Georgia, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

For my 60 th birthday my husband and I went to the Beau Rivage for a weekend. We enjoyed the atmosphere , the games, and the food there. The only downfall is the price of the room varied from night to night. The first night was comped, the second night was $207.00 and the third night was $522.00 (estimate) . I understand the hotel is busier on the weekends but really?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kenner, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

An excellent value. Healthy food, great staff, throughout, and, good decor. Would always recommend the Beau, for, a relaxing stay. The buffet and two restaurants, all, were accommodating to my Gluten Free wife. Easy on, easy off I-10.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Your time is your own, no pressure. I found everything I needed there. The restaurants were great and the room were clean. The staff were eager to please and we were pleased. I would highly reccomend the Beau Rivage to the most discriminating of my friends.

Room Tip: They are accomidating, just tell them how.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Beau Rivage is a beautiful casino. They have a wide variety of table games and slots, and a large poker room. I love to stay there because the rooms are fantastic and have a separate shower. They are fairly good on room and food comps if you play large ($25-50) hands on the BJ tables. My one criticism is that they have no video poker machines with decent pay tables. They used to have a few $1 machines with 9/6 JOB, but took those out around 2012. The 7/5 JOB machines they have are big losers.

Room Tip: Best rooms in Biloxi. Almost as good as Wynn in Las Vegas.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!