“Awesome hotel and resort destination on 27 miles of pristine beach.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi

You added Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi to your Saves list
Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Awesome hotel and resort destination on 27 miles of pristine beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Great service, beautiful, luxury hotel, fun casino, deep sea fishing available, relaxing spa, and gorgeous pool. Save your money from traveling to further, more affluent beach destinations-this is the place to stay and play. Terrific casino player club comps. Put your vacation money back into a bruised economy. You will not be disappointed. Tips for the trip-you can fly into the user-friendly Gulfport-Biloxi airport and take a shuttle to the hotel. Once there you can take the Casino Hopper streetcar up and down the beach road to any other casino hotel, to the O'Keefe museum, or just relax and enjoy viewing the inviting 27 miles of beach. It will set you back $5.00 for an all day pass, or $1.25 a trip. Don't forget to take your bathing suit and possibly a fishing pole. You can wet a line off the back of the Hard Rock to fish free with the locals. Great lunch situation is the $3.00 carver station sandwiches upstairs at the Isle of Capri. You can't beat it. Go for it - there is much history and ambiance still here after the storm. The beautiful Beau Rivage is the THE place to stay. They don't have in-room coffee, but there is a great coffee house on premises (Roasted Bean) where they refill you for free with your purchase receipt.It's a great deal. Just can't say enough good things about the Beau-and the vacation destination. No Biloxi Blues here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,086)
  • Finnish first
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

July 29, 2011
Just got back from an overnight trip to Biloxi. The town looks great and all seems well for the Gulfcoast after the last few years trials and tribulations.

Stayed at the Beau, still a classic and beautiful hotel. I hate to report on negatives but I must give my opinions on some changes and some things that I think have gone south.

Rant Follows:
The beau has finally caved in to the folks that want to establish a dictatorial regime of control and organization with their call for fairness when in reality I see it as just an anxious and impolite society.
Yes folks I am talking about cattle chutes at the Beau Rivage check in counter!
I have always considered these devices appropriate for animals, specifically cattle, but not needed for a polite and engaged society. Seems somebody, one somebody too many, complained loudly about how they were stuck in the wrong line, forced to endure a few more minutes than if they were directed to the next available person through a cattle chute. Definitely a commentary on our society.

I just think that it is a less polite society that requires a cattle chute system. Caesars Place doesn't do it, Aria doesn't do it, Bellagio doesn't do it, but in Mississippi all our hotels must do it.

I know I am in the minority here so I will stop now. Needless to say that the last holdout for old school class and prestige has succumbed to the will of the mob and installed cattle chutes at the check-in counter.
Just adds to the sameness of the casino hotels in Biloxi.

I think the restaurants at the Beau have tumbled. I am not at all fond of BR Prime anymore, I was never in love with Jia. I have not tried the new Italian because we arrived at ten till ten to an empty restaurant and were subtly rejected because it was close to closing. I totally get it, and we left to a chorus of "if you really want in I'll check with the kitchen".
The problem is management and low wages I'm sure.
All us working stiffs want to get off on time. Maybe they should close at 9:30 and then declare last seating at 9:29. Wish I could have tried them, the place looks just like it did when olives was open. I do love the Memphis Q, great food, atmosphere, and music.
Rant over!

The Beau is still a magnificent property. The summer flowers in the arboretum were planted; clovers and another flower I am unfamiliar with but as usual it was refreshing and inspiring.
LOVED IT!
The room on the twenty-fifth floor looked out city side at Beau Rivage grounds and the IP winking in the distance. Biloxi is beautiful from the twenty-fifth floor. I alternate gulf view to city view on each trip if possible because I love both! The beds are dreamy, rooms are clean, and a nice flat screen TV.

Gambling:
Again I played no table games, my bad. I just get started with my sweetheart and those dang games grab me and I play away.
Played all sorts of losers as all are familiar so I'll just recount the winners, as we all do.
Won the major progressive on Outback Jack, was not even sure what happened till I read the rules. In a random drawing you pick cards and five Outback Jack's pays the progressive. I picked an outback Jack then I picked three alligators, then a Roo. The Roo changes all the gators into Jacks! Then another Gator then another Roo for a win when the last gator changed.
Wow, what just happened! Well it was a $906.23 win was what happened.
Next to me wifey hits the "Mr Woo" major for 218.73 while my machine is counting. Mr. Woo resets at 200 and Jack resets at 900. Out back Jack was a winner but I am not fond of the game because the bonus round is a little tedious for me. I am sure many will love this game though as the bonus does hit with a nice frequency. Well that bump put me ahead for the night and we tried a few other games with little luck.

After a great nights rest we went back to our Gulfcoast home with some great memories.

Room Tip: Gulf View or Cityscape both are remarkable
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Beau Rivage. I made my reservations on line with the hotel using their Internet special. I used the Valet parking on arrival and was surprised when I checked out that there was no charge except a normal tip. Check in was a breeze and they upgraded me to a 20th floor room overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. I found the room to be spacious, clean and comfortable.
I had read that the Internet was wired rather than wireless and took a patch cable with me and had no problem accessing or using the Internet. If you forget your cable they only have them for sale in the gift shop.
The Casino is a standard Vegas style Casino. I found my Casino experience to be no different than most of the hotels in Vegas and I found that the folks working in the Casino wanted us to enjoy our visit. I played slots, video poker and Blackjack and felt that everything was fine. I won some and lost some and at the end was surprised to find I left a little ahead.
I skipped the Buffet and ate my meals at the front Café. Service was prompt and the meals were top notch. I love Cajun food and they had plenty of options for me.
I received a call that I needed to head home a day early and checked out mid morning. I had prepaid the room on the Internet and the clerk gave me full credit for the day I was missing without even being asked.
I spoke with quite a number of the guests and found very high percentages that were enjoying their visit. The one big exception was a guest that appeared rude to me when he was discussing how to use one of the slots. He had asked a man with a broom and dustpan how to best use the machine and was upset that he got little information, he then asked me and I assisted him as best I could.
I did not get a chance to use the pool or Spa but my room overlooked the pool and it looked first class. I heard lots of positive comments on the Spa while on and waiting for the elevator.
I was very pleased with my visit and will return on my next visit to Biloxi.

Room Tip: Bring a patch cable with your PC
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was my husbands and I first time to Biloxi, it was a stop on a car drive vacation. We go to Las Vegas quite often and stay at The Mirage which we absolutely love so we figured the Beau Rivage was the only place to stay. The hotel was very clean and nice, kinda of reminded me of The Bellagio with all the flowers. We got a gulf front room for an extra $20. It was raining so I never got to go down by the pool which I was disappointed about. The casino is very nice! We had no problem getting drinks. My husband plays blackjack and found good tables and I found the roulette with the real wheel and video screen which I love. I will agree with other reviewers that the line for MLIFE comp card is way to long all the time. I already have a card from Vegas but forgot it at home when I got to the Beau and wanted to get a replacement card, but decided I didn't want to stand in that line. For dinner we really wanted to try JIA the asian restarant but found that it wasn't open on Wednesday and Thursday, which we were bummed about so we ended up ordering room service which was pretty good. We also walked to Hard Rock, which I was not impressed with it. In my opinon the only place to stay at is the Beau

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay the extra money for the Gulf Front - there is nothing to look at!
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

been going to beau for years. it is still very classy , but quality has decreased in past 5 years. perhaps, economy and katrina contribute to this. rooms are beautiful and comfortable. casino is still the best down there. they have really cut back on there comps. the buffet is not worth the price in the last year. really big change, and not for the better. very dissappointed lately. try to go 3=4 times a year. may cut back. they used to have a lot of nice shows. not many any more. actually, hard rock is giving them run for money. their buffet is definitely better as present time. they dont comp either.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We've stayed at the Beau several time "pre and post Katrina" and have always found it to be a lovely stay. Staff is always on hand to help if needed and the rooms are super roomy and well appointed. We often stay in Biloxi and day trip over to New Orleans which is about an hour's drive away +/-. AND THERE'S FREE VALET SERVICES!!

Room Tip: Ask for city view and the gulf isn't exciting to look at. The city lights after dark are lovely...
Wesley Chapel, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have stayed at the Beau Rivage several times. The property is beautiful. At Christmas time we were delighted by the decorations. Their average rooms are quite nice and very clean. The eating establishments are good; however, I do not think the food is particularly exceptional. Nothing awful, just not exceptional. But, their room service coffee is delicious. And I love their china. We have not had any trouble with any of the hotel staff. When we need extra things in our room someone delivers them very quickly. The big downside is the customer service desk in the casino. The staff are unfriendly and they do not keep very many people working at the same time so that the lines are always very long. We often forego promotions just so we don't have to deal with the desk. The poor performance of casino customer service stops me from giving the Beau Rivage a five rating. The casino, itself, is fine; not very big, but fine. It has a nonsmoking section, too. I would recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: don't make reservations online; talk over the phone.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!