“Will Be Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Louisiana
“Will Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Hotel was great, staff was very nice. Room was extremely clean, up to date and my husband just loved the TV in the bathroom. We were there for the Truck Show, whch also was awesome. We will be back.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Baton Rouge, La
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Overall it was a nice hotel. Wasn't too impressed that the minute the front doors open you are hit in the face with the smell of cigarette smoke - but I'm spoiled being from the "Smoke Free" state of Louisiana. I was also shocked to find a portion of the Casino was in the lobby...thus creating the smoke. I'm sure this is due to the loss of the actual Casino after Katrina, and hopefully as they rebuild Biloxi, this is something Treasure Bay will eventually renevate away from.
Oh, be prepared to pre-pay a deposit that must be cash or a credit card - they will not take a debit card. I have never experienced this at any hotel anywhere else I have stayed.
The room was GORGEOUS, but we were one room away from rooftop AC's for the Casino being our view. We did comment about how ticked off we would be if we had paid for a Gulf View and that was our view.
My biggest complaint, is the water -- tastes nasty, and the pressure in the bathtub is horrible - not to mention takes FOREVER to get to be anything close to hot. I basically ran my bath with no cold used whatsoever.
The staff was very friendly, and the dealer at the Blackjack + 3-card Poker table, Sharon, was the best ever.
The Casino is not as crowded as many of the others I have been, which also makes it enjoyable - and actually the table games are on the 2nd floor, and I did not find them to be quite as smokey.
We will be back, for the money it is worth a return visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Everyone from valet to bellman hotel staff dealers waitress and maid service were great. Resturants were small, but food was great. Buffet in the evering was small, but if going to eat the crabs, it is great. The den for breakfast was slow service , the food was good. The den at midnight, the service was fast and food was good. My suite was super, room was clean, very nice. Maid service was good. The casino is small, very friendly, veryclean. The elevators are very, very slow, gets you where you need to go. Check in & check out, very fast. Went to other casinos, including Hard Rock, couldn't wait to get back to treasure bay. Everyone knew us by the second day. Treated us like royality.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Great place for the price. The room was beautiful and you could not beat the price for a Friday night. I only paid $139.00 fpr one night. The room was brand new and spacious. The bathroom had a small TV and a huge shower. The beds were comfy and the place was spotless. Everything was nice about this little place. The pool was nice and huge.

The casino was a bit small but nice. The location is okay, the beaches around the hotel are nice.

I will return to this place.

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

If you are an extremely patient and understanding person, a Mother Theresa type looking for martyrdom, you will enjoy this hotel immensely and feel fulfilled. A few reasons:

Reservations – Management views confirmed reservations as merely the first step in a negotiation process that continues after you shows up to occupy the room that you thought you had reserved. Once you physically show up, the front desk staff lectures you on how your confirmed reservation was only a request, and that costs and characteristics (i.e., smoking/non smoking, Gulf view/pool view) were merely your requests subject to their ability to actually have the room and honor the rate at the time that you show up. Thus, our reservation # 8007607, assigned to us 3 full months before our arrival, was just the initial negotiating point in a broader process during which, on the appointed day, we had to defend why we were showing up at all; when, exactly, had we made this request?; where did we come up with this ridiculous pricing; etc., etc., etc. After much debate with the front desk staff and having established a new bottom level in my mind for professional behavior, we were given the keys to a non-smoking, gulf view room – only to discover, upon using one of the keys and opening the door with the expectation of rolling our luggage straight in, that the room was already occupied – WHAT A WONDERFUL SURPRISE, SURPRISE, FOR EVERYONE -- time for another round (round #3) of negotiations, this time encumbered by a ton of luggage and a desire to fricassee the next staff member we saw. We finally ended up in a room after the staff wore us out with their arguments (we had spent 8 hours on the road getting here)

Good News -- Our room was excellently appointed, well maintained, with one of the best bathrooms I have ever seen. But the story continues:

Maid Service – The next day, in order to get our room cleaned we vacated the room early and for an extended period of time, positioning the “Service Please” sign appropriately. After several hours we returned, only to find that our room had not been cleaned. When we questioned why this had happened we were told that rooms with the “Service Please” sign posted get done last. In any case, our maid had been told by management that we had vacated the room, had checked out, and not to do it with any priority at all. Needless to say another confrontation with the leaders at the front desk ensued. Catch 22 rules this hotel.

Good News – The maid is competent even if her leadership isn’t. She was always polite and apologetic that she had been directed to skip our room. But there is more:

Room Key – Our room key stopped working, locking us out of our own room. We ended up playing a little game which went like this: (1) The front desk cuts us a new set of keys; (2) we wait for the elevator, take it up to the 6th floor, go to our room, and try the key (3) the key doesn’t work – repeat step one. After listening to a bunch of inane reasoning from the front desk staff, such as (1) sometimes customers don’t know how to use the key, (2) sometimes your cell phones interfere with the room locks, (3) the battery in the door must have worn out, adult leadership finally arrived in the form of the maintenance man who through some magic process produced keys that worked, even when a dummy like me (who has a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering) tried his hardest to make them fail.

Good News – If you complain often enough management will eventually provide you with a key that works for your room. You need to be persistent, however, and avoid offending anyone.

Other Procedures – Did you know that to get a towel for swimming you have to get a pass from the front desk and present it in the gift store? Then, in order to return the towel, you have to stand in line dripping wet in the gift store waiting for someone to pay for an expensive bracelet? Did you know that to get room service you had to call the front desk to get the room service phone number? (For future reference the number is 6262, you won’t find it anywhere else!!). Did you know that when you call 6262 whoever answers the phone dispatches someone to your room to present you with a menu? Did you know that only in step 3 of this Soviet Union approach to management can you actually order food from room service? Did you know that if you want to know what facilities are available in the hotel, you cannot depend on the Gideon Bible provided in your room. You have to go down to the front desk and wait while the front desk clerk conducts a search and rescue mission and locates some literature printed when the hotel last employed a printer.

Good News – The swimming pool is a real treat. The room service food and wine were excellent.

.Other than this I have no strong feelings.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I just want to say a few things about the Treasure Bay! First of all the is my Very first time staying and gambling at any casino/hotel. Our vacation started by driving from North East Florida (Jacksonville area) . Stopping randomly before we made it to New Orleans, so the drive was broken down! We wound up stopping at the Treasure Bay. I LOVED what I was seeing (so far). Started with check in , they get a "GOLD STAR" or what ever you call perfection rated! So quick and easy, valet and bell boy worked it out, they explained things so quick and easy about all the perks and things you spend a good while reading online! We went to our room, looked around EVERYTHING was in PERFECT order! Smelt excellent, WE were on cloud nine (and this is after an 8hour ride.) My husband and I even had time to enjoy the view, take some balcony pics, get ready and made dinner in perfect time. The buffet was outstanding, My family is the 4 year in a row running 1st place Florida seafood cook-off champs. We know what good seafood is! Usually buffet crabs are not up to the level, We can honestly say "Someone" at Treasure Bays Buffet knew what they where doing (IT TAKES DAMN GOOD SEAFOOD TO IMPRESS MY MAN). Treasure Bay gets a 10! We go to the casino. Jerry,my husband just randomly slides a dollar bill in a $1.00 slot, He wins $10.00 right off, I'm like, "O.K we're going to rock this place tonight! We play slots get a few drinks (Which I tried to pay for! lol). My $20.00 I played forever before I got down below $10.00! I was having a blast, My mom-n-law wanted to go look at the Pool and just look around, As we walk past the Roulette table it seems interesting, (Kudos to the dealers, too! They taught 3 lil' Floridians(clueless at that) the game "quick and easy" once again! We are still playing on the same money we started with for one, then we go through 4 or 5 dealers just winning all of us ( Im not saying we were striking it rich every hand) but we cashed out at the end of our night! My mother-n-law with $80, NOT BAD as much as we played, and DRANK! So, We get in the MOST comfy bed, Sleep, wake and go have a breakfast buffet that Impressed me and I am so picky about my breakfast food! SO GOOD, I didn't want to go on to Louisiana, which was the majority of our trip! O.K so we do the New Orleans, French Quarter, Pat O'Briens, and oh the Jazz Fest! I had fun, But I knew our last night we were staying at the "Beau Rivage". We get there, It was nice, Don't get me wrong, But Not near as quick, friendly, energetic as the T. Bay crew and staff! But I'm giving it a chance, Diner was O.K! We all agreed the other Buffet was alot better, So we are all sitting at the dinner table when my Father-N-law says " How about we go to the Treasure Bay Casino" instead? My husband and I looked at each other like, Wow we are all feeling the same way, Treasure Bay take's the cake on this one! We indeed went down there, stayed til 1 or 2 am. We ALL had a BLAST our Last Night, I left cashing out on a HIGH note! WE WILL BE BACK, TO WHO EVER READS THIS, I hope you all have the time of your life, Like I did!!!!! What a way to VACA!!! Thank's TREASURE BAY.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Paid for room with gulf view what I got was a room over looking a big azz fan and a parking lot. No microwave, no refig. room was great. Will come back but would like better view.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!