“Excellent experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Excellent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I had our first stay in Biloxi at the Treasure Bay Casino on July 14-16 2013. Since we had never been there (Biloxi or Treasure Bay Casino), we were worried after reading some of the user reviews. We purchased the Fun in the Sun package - which included a private cabana, $40 in a Treasure Bay Gift Card, 2 nights in an awesome room with a balcony on the 6th floor and 2 can coozies. We didn't find the smoke to be an more overwhelming than any other casino we had been in - including those in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, and Reno. The room was fantastic. Clean, large, not over loaded with furniture and very up to date. There was even a television set in the bathroom. The people we came in contact with were very nice - especially the two bartender/cooks at the pool bar area, and the table dealers.
The only reason we didn't rate this as an excellent was that we felt the buffet was a little expensive for the food offered. We would love to come back and stay again.

Room Tip: A gulf side room with a balcony near the top of the casino was definitely the best pick.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I couldn't be more pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Treasure Bay! I hope that you were able to experience some of the wonderful Mississippi Gulf Coast as well while you were here with us. We are very proud of our various hotel packages, and it is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of Fun in The Sun, one of our most popular and economical packages. Please come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Glad we picked this hotel. We stayed there in July - check-in was smooth and the staff was helpful and courteous. We got a room overlooking the Gulf with the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. The pool area was great and overall our stay was fantastic!
J&R

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
JR, thank you so much for your appraisal of our hotel. I've slept on those mattresses as well and I will tell you I loved it enough to buy one for myself the first chance I got! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to let me know how we can earn 5 stars in all categories on your next review! Come back soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed there May of 2013. The staff has excellent service. And we had a wonderfull stay, we will be visiting again. This place is excellent! make sure to have a room with a view of the Gulf of Mexico

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Gulf of Mexico
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Audrey, what a nice review! We are always looking for ways to give our guests an excellent experience and I'm pleased to see we succeeded with you! Please come visit us again soon!
coker
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Paid 190 dollars a night
Husband wanted to gamble
I wanted to relax by the pool
No such luck after 3 hours of
Watching dozens of kids come
I called front desk to ask why
So crowded Charles informed me Bilox didn't have a public pool so they paid 5 bucks to come here when I started to complain that I paid a lot to not
Be able to use the pool he hung up on me.The rooms are not that great and the slots don't
Pay.Will not stay here again
I come to Biloxi often. Mr Charles helped them lose a
Customer!

• Stayed July 2013
Bigann1, I'm disappointed that you did not have a good experience. It is regrettable our crewmember did not adequately explain the policy of pool use at the time you made your initial concerns known. We will certainly counsel Charles on his phone etiquette as well. While we feel that our rooms are as nice, if not nicer, than many of our similarly sized competitors, it is unfortunate that they did not meet your expectations. If you should change your mind about returning to Treasure Bay, please contact me at guestservices@treasurebay.com to discuss a complementary weekend stay. I would certainly like to make this up to you, if that is possible. If you remain firm that you will never return, please continue to enjoy our beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast, no matter where you choose to stay.
Ft.Branch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first stay in the area and we are so glad we picked Treasure Bay. Check in was quick and easy, the staff at the front desk was very helpful and gladly answered any questions I had. The room was wonderful, large walk in shower but the best part was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. We went to "Blu" Monday evening for half-price tapas, they were wonderful. Lee the server was great and that's not just because he's from our home state, he helped make our visit a good one. Along with Leah at the "The Den" she was a great server that made our already great $2.99 breakfast even better! Getting the players card is something everyone should do, the perks are great. It was great that my husband could loose his $100.00 spending money the first night but with the new members program get it back the next day to play again(and come out ahead). Don't be afraid to ask at the members desk how the program works, they were very nice about explaining to us. We will be back...!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Angie - thank you, thank you! I've made sure that your kind words regarding your personal service experiences have been passed on to those managers and crewmembers. We always want to hear what we could do better but there is a certain pride in hearing what we did just right. Please know that the few moments you took to write this review have meant a great deal to those crewmembers of ours who enjoy the privilege of serving our guests every day.

We all look forward to your next visit!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The only minus to this place was the fact that the casino areas are open to the front lobby and elevators on the first and second floors. You'll smell like smoke if you spend even a short time on either floor. Too bad Mississippi doesn't have "smoking laws."

Otherwise, it was a wonderful place to stay. We had a gulf-view room with a balcony in the tower portion, and I enjoyed just sitting out there taking in the view. The rooms were very nicely-appointed and squeaky clean. The bathrooms were ultra-modern with a huge walk-in shower. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, although I noticed check-in backed up a lot at certain times of the day. The two pools were and patio were great. Plenty of parking. Overall, I'd give it a 4 out of 5, and that's just because I hate cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower portion, not the rooms areound the courtyard. Its newer and nicer (and also a few...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking a moment to review your stay with us. Please know that we recognize the issue of cigarette smoke throughout our public areas and we are working on a solution to this. It is regrettable that this impacted your stay, even in a small way, but I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our convenient parking and our wonderful pool area.
Malden, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to a cruise in New Orleans. We had just spent the entire day on Ship Island, MS and it was late afternoon and we were very tired when we arrived. Check in took a little longer than expected because there were quite a few others trying to check in at the same time. We were able to park our car right outside the front entrance while I checked in. Staff were pleasant and helpful during this process. Our room was spacious, clean and well appointed. We knew we had reserved a Gulf view room but didn't know it actually had a balcony which was a nice surprise. Balcony small but had enough room for 2 chairs and a table. We spent about 30 minutes in the casino and it seemed like any other casino you would find in Mississippi. We didn't eat at the restaurant or use the pool so I can't say anything about those. We did not experience any problems during our one night and would stay here again. Our Sunday night rate was very reasonable for a Gulf coast hotel and we will definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: We didn't notice any smoke smell from the casino in our 6th floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to pass on to the staff and management all of your comments and invite you back to stay with us any time!

Please feel free to email me at guestservices@treasurebay.com and let me know how we can take that 4 star rating in service and make it a 5 star rating on your next trip.

Come back soon!

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!