“Older Hotel but nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Katy, Texas
“Older Hotel but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Treasure Bay Casino Hotel once before and felt it was a good deal for the location. Check in was a breeze. Seems like they have made improvements in the last year and a half since I last stayed there. I was on the 5th floor overlooking the Gulf. The view was nice. The room was clean and seemed refreshed. ( May 17th and 18th)
Since I had stayed here before I had used up my 100.00 free comps for the casino. If you are going to stay here get a casino card and they will reload your card up to $ 100.00 of casino losses in your first 24 hours. It was fun the first time.
When my wife and I renewed my casino card the Asian lady working in the cage checked and said we would not have any comps due to our previous trip. I asked her what good is the card if I would not earn any comps.? She didn't know what to say. I used the card any way and asked another lady the next day that in my room card holder it said I would receive comps. She also said that the free $ 100.00 comp would not be available since I used them before. Then she showed me I had earned enough for a free buffet. I told her I drove in from Texas and thought that maybe since I was staying for two nights that in the future the hotel could throw in some small comps to match what the card holder for the room said.
Other than that we had a blast in Biloxi. The Casino at Treasure bay is small but fun. The staff were friendly and stervice was excellent. We wanted to go out to a local seafood dinner and was recommended McElroys by the bartender in the casino and he was spot on. It was great.

Room Tip: Gulf view from 5th floor up. Some rooms on 5th floor may have view blocked due to A/C units on top...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for composing a review of your recent stay and for the details provided. Overall I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to future visits. We do offer a refund of net slot losses to our new club members on their first trip, a popular promotion that we have been running for about 5 years. Slot and Table Games players using their club cards accumulate comps (complimentaries) that can be used for food and drink purchases, and slot players also earn points which can be used as slot bonus play on our slot machines. I regret that the Player Services representative you encountered did not have the information available to correctly answer your questions. I’ll make sure we redistribute the training material on the accumulation of points and comps so that information will be readily available to them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 days and nights at the Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, I have to say that we had a wonderful time. We reserved a jacuzzi suite, this room has 4 televisions, a sitting room, a kitchen area (w/ a mini fridge, microwave, sink and storage space), nice big bathroom w/ plenty of space, a walk in shower w/ a huge shower head, a bedroom w/ a jacuzzi and not 1, but 2 private balconies (we had a nice view of the pool area but next time we're going to try to get a Gulf view). The room was super clean w/ plenty of towels, pillows and blankets.

We had dinner at Infinity both nights. The buffet is very well stocked w/ fresh seafood, everything that we ate was delicious, the Dungeness crab was the best thing I've had in a very long time, my wife even loved it and she is a very picky eater. I wish I was there right now. We also had a late night meal from The Den and that was also very tasty.

The location is away from the main strip and that's exactly what we like. We've stayed there 2 other times and each visit gets better and better. We can't wait to see what our next visit has in store. See you guys soon.

PS. We also won some money at the casino, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! Our team is thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay. We certainly appreciate the details provided in your review including comments on the infinity buffet and the Den, our 24 hour café. We look forward to your next visit and another well-written review! Go Tigers!
Dunnellon, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Joining the Player's Club is the first order of business. Room in the tower was awesome; though next time we must have a room with a walk-in shower as the tub was a bit cumbersome. Ate at The Den several times, the food was fresh (the gumbo is awesome and the shrimp po boy is what is expected from that area) and 1 of our dinners there was comp'ed. The breakfast buffet on the 2nd floor is the way to go for a good breakfast for a good price for which one of ours was comp'ed. The casino is awesome, only 2 floors, nice and small so you can't lose your partners. Played video poker (comp'ed back first $100 lost in slots and video poker play for joining the Player's Club) at the 2nd floor bar (great bartenders at the 2nd floor bar; not so attentive at the one near the 1st floor gift shop) and drank comp'ed bottled beer until I was done. The bar could use a foot rest though. The place is 1st rated and the staff is wonderful. Love this place, planning another trip back..........Dunnellon, FL

Room Tip: Room in the tower was awesome; though next time we must have a room with a walk-in shower as the tub...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review and for all of the quality information you provided. We appreciate both the compliments and the suggestions for improvement. It is refreshing to have a reviewer provide useful, candid feedback instead of generalized opinions. We hope your next visit will be as enjoyable as the first. We ask that you will again honor us with a candid review of our product after your next visit.
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I will start by saying this is no Vegas or Beau but there are plenty of reasons that is a good thing based on what you are looking for. My wife and I have spent multiple trips where we stay at TB and we have yet to be disappointed. The rooms have always been very clean and all service from housekeeping to the casino floor has been extremely prompt, professional, and friendly. They have plenty of options in gaming, low level table games, and the best blackjack rules in Biloxi. We have a casino host Sylvia who is truly the best. Now don't get the wrong idea that because we have a host that of course we are happy there. We have had many hosts from Atlantic City to Vegas and I can tell you all hosts are not created equal! Sylvia however rises to the top! Besides, it took a few visits without a host to see how we would like TB; their level of service and the overall feeling we got from playing and staying there, that resulted in us making TB our place of choice in Biloxi. There are choices and we have stayed and played at them all but our favorite "go to" place is TB. Again, it's in what you are looking for and TB along with it's personnel make us feel appreciated and taken care of. Thanks from a loyal customer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary,
Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to compose a review. Thank you also for pointing out that we are indeed not the Beau Rivage, some people perhaps don’t realize that we were in business in Biloxi well before the Beau and have never even made an attempt to be like them. Our team is very proud of the product that we offer; we don’t need to be anyone else but ourselves. I greatly appreciate all of the factual information you pointed out about our casino in your review. Finally, we thank you for being a loyal customer and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Winter Haven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

A few extra dollars gets a Gulf view and balcony, still leaving a very reasonable price. Casino is friendly and comfortable. The buffet, with unlimited Dungeness crab, can't be beat. If its Biloxi, its Treasure Bay for us.

Room Tip: Get the view and balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to let everyone know about your great experience here at Treasure Bay! Let us know when you're coming back to visit again, we'll stock up on extra Dungeness Crab!
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this casino. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I lost my casino slot machine ticket. When I reported it, so many people tried to help especially James and Margaret. I will definitely stay at this casino hotel again. The room was so clean and the bathrooms were beautiful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nothing pleases us more than reading about the great guest service our crewmembers provide. To be sure, I've passed this on to Margaret's and James' managers so that they can receive the proper kudos they deserve. Knowing both of them, this is just the level of helpfulness and service they strive to give all our guests. And they aren't alone!

Speaking for the crew here at Treasure Bay, we look forward to your next trip!
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had previously reviewed this hotel and took one star off for housekeeping at this otherwise great hotel and casino. I am happy to report the housekeeping on my recent two night stay was world class. I was given a room overlooking the Gulf of Mexico that was both comfortable and quiet. This room, unlike my other stays had a bathtub rather than a walk in shower. The bathtub was very deep and there were no grab bars or other handholds to help negotiate the very high sides of the tub when climbing in or out of the shower. This could be an issue for older guests and I recommend you ask for a room with the walk in shower if you are mobility compromised in any manner.

I am taking one star off the hotel in this review for a different reason. Several people have commented on cigarette smells and smoke in the common areas and elevators. This continues to be an issue although the hotel has gone to great lengths to lessen the problem and for me, I find it to be tolerable - with one exception. The lounge on the top floor has a robust happy hour and tapas menus and a too-die-for view of the Gulf sunsets. There are three sitting areas in front of the windows. My party had one of them, another party was on the other side and a party of four people in the middle table came in after we were seated and had our drinks and food orders. Three of the four people in that center table immediately lit up cigars. The smell and smoke was extremely offensive even to a cigarette smoker in our group. We could not enjoy our drinks or food. The other group and our group left soon after the smoking began. We mentioned it to the bartender that they had lost two groups of people because of the inconsideration of the cigar smokers. The bartender(ess) could have cared less and brushed off our complaint. I understand smoking issues in casinos but why can't there be a prohibition on cigars? I will continue to patronize this establishment as it is a fine property and the staff are mostly wonderful, but I am hoping someone from the hotel comments on this cigar problem.

Room Tip: See above - don't get a tub room if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tom V,

Thank you so much for coming back and giving us an opportunity to refresh your impression of our property. I've made sure that our Houskeeping staff is aware of your compliments! They work very hard to make sure our hotel guests get a clean and comfortable room and so often don't receive the recognition they deserve.

You made some very good points regarding the tub. We have a variety of room and bathroom configurations to accomodate people with all levels of mobility, so make sure to let our reservationists know if you have any special needs and we will do our very best to fit you to the room type best suited to your needs! I wil make sure we investigate adding at least one grab bar to those rooms.

Our biggest hurdle has always been the level of smoking in our lounge and casino areas and it is highest on the list of priorities our executive team works on for property improvements. I've forwarded your comments regarding the cigar smoke to that very team for discussion. I am glad that you didn't let that one experience completely ruin the rest of your stay!

I hope you will come back and visit us again soon. I'll look forward to another candid review and keep my fingers crossed we have moved from "great" to "exceptional" on your next stay here at Treaure Bay!

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!