I had previously reviewed this hotel and took one star off for housekeeping at this otherwise great hotel and casino. I am happy to report the housekeeping on my recent two night stay was world class. I was given a room overlooking the Gulf of Mexico that was both comfortable and quiet. This room, unlike my other stays had a bathtub rather than a walk in shower. The bathtub was very deep and there were no grab bars or other handholds to help negotiate the very high sides of the tub when climbing in or out of the shower. This could be an issue for older guests and I recommend you ask for a room with the walk in shower if you are mobility compromised in any manner.
I am taking one star off the hotel in this review for a different reason. Several people have commented on cigarette smells and smoke in the common areas and elevators. This continues to be an issue although the hotel has gone to great lengths to lessen the problem and for me, I find it to be tolerable - with one exception. The lounge on the top floor has a robust happy hour and tapas menus and a too-die-for view of the Gulf sunsets. There are three sitting areas in front of the windows. My party had one of them, another party was on the other side and a party of four people in the middle table came in after we were seated and had our drinks and food orders. Three of the four people in that center table immediately lit up cigars. The smell and smoke was extremely offensive even to a cigarette smoker in our group. We could not enjoy our drinks or food. The other group and our group left soon after the smoking began. We mentioned it to the bartender that they had lost two groups of people because of the inconsideration of the cigar smokers. The bartender(ess) could have cared less and brushed off our complaint. I understand smoking issues in casinos but why can't there be a prohibition on cigars? I will continue to patronize this establishment as it is a fine property and the staff are mostly wonderful, but I am hoping someone from the hotel comments on this cigar problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Biloxi landmark, the nine-story hotel tower faces the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Recently renovated, the tower has 202 guest rooms, including eight Suites and eight Lofts. Rooms feature double or king-sized accommodations with plush fabrics, pillow-top bedding and imported furnishings all in keeping with the color scheme of the property. Additional amenities include private balconies, high definition televisions, Jacuzzi tubs, and walk-in showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Bay Hotel Biloxi
- Treasure Bay Biloxi
- Biloxi Treasure Bay Hotel