“Return visit - Still a great place” 4 of 5 stars

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1980 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
houston
“Return visit - Still a great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had previously reviewed this hotel and took one star off for housekeeping at this otherwise great hotel and casino. I am happy to report the housekeeping on my recent two night stay was world class. I was given a room overlooking the Gulf of Mexico that was both comfortable and quiet. This room, unlike my other stays had a bathtub rather than a walk in shower. The bathtub was very deep and there were no grab bars or other handholds to help negotiate the very high sides of the tub when climbing in or out of the shower. This could be an issue for older guests and I recommend you ask for a room with the walk in shower if you are mobility compromised in any manner.

I am taking one star off the hotel in this review for a different reason. Several people have commented on cigarette smells and smoke in the common areas and elevators. This continues to be an issue although the hotel has gone to great lengths to lessen the problem and for me, I find it to be tolerable - with one exception. The lounge on the top floor has a robust happy hour and tapas menus and a too-die-for view of the Gulf sunsets. There are three sitting areas in front of the windows. My party had one of them, another party was on the other side and a party of four people in the middle table came in after we were seated and had our drinks and food orders. Three of the four people in that center table immediately lit up cigars. The smell and smoke was extremely offensive even to a cigarette smoker in our group. We could not enjoy our drinks or food. The other group and our group left soon after the smoking began. We mentioned it to the bartender that they had lost two groups of people because of the inconsideration of the cigar smokers. The bartender(ess) could have cared less and brushed off our complaint. I understand smoking issues in casinos but why can't there be a prohibition on cigars? I will continue to patronize this establishment as it is a fine property and the staff are mostly wonderful, but I am hoping someone from the hotel comments on this cigar problem.

Room Tip: See above - don't get a tub room if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Tom V,

Thank you so much for coming back and giving us an opportunity to refresh your impression of our property. I've made sure that our Houskeeping staff is aware of your compliments! They work very hard to make sure our hotel guests get a clean and comfortable room and so often don't receive the recognition they deserve.

You made some very good points regarding the tub. We have a variety of room and bathroom configurations to accomodate people with all levels of mobility, so make sure to let our reservationists know if you have any special needs and we will do our very best to fit you to the room type best suited to your needs! I wil make sure we investigate adding at least one grab bar to those rooms.

Our biggest hurdle has always been the level of smoking in our lounge and casino areas and it is highest on the list of priorities our executive team works on for property improvements. I've forwarded your comments regarding the cigar smoke to that very team for discussion. I am glad that you didn't let that one experience completely ruin the rest of your stay!

I hope you will come back and visit us again soon. I'll look forward to another candid review and keep my fingers crossed we have moved from "great" to "exceptional" on your next stay here at Treaure Bay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On 4/17/13 I walked up to inquire about rate. Front desk clerk Lucrita (?) asked if I wanted comp rate or regular rate. I asked what was required for comp rate. She stated I would need a players card to which I replayed, how much play do I need to do. She stated there was no minimum so of course I accepted this offer. I did play a little using the card. Upon check out I was informed the comp would be for a future date depending on amount of play??? I spoke with the manager who refused to honor what her desk clerk told me. The manager did reduce the rate by $10. Is this the old bait and switch? Probably the amount of cigarette smoke filing the lobby clouded the clerks thinking process. Other than this the room was acceptable. This was a last minute stop as we were on our way to N.O.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear myrking99,

I can definitely see how this could be confusing. Let me apologize for your experience and maybe at least assuage your concerns regarding the complimentary policy. While it is true we have no minimum criteria of casino play to qualify for complimentary offers of various kinds, the level of complimentary offer is directly proportional to the level of play during a trip or series of trips. I can see that I need to better communicate this to the Front Desk clerks to avoid this kind of confusion. If you'd like to contact me at guestservices@treasurebay.com with the details of your previous stay with us, I'd love to make amends for the confusion and hopefully earn back your confidence.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were nicely suprised when we checked in , rooms were spacious and clean , beds comfortable and view from the balcony was beautifull.Great service.
We would recommend this hotel and will be back to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking a moment to let us as well as other users of this site know about your experience! We look forward to your next visit with us and we hope that we can continue to exceed your expectations!
Biloxi, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

First off, it's no Beau Rivage or IP, but TB certainly has its own niche. Small casino, but nice. Hotel rooms (at least in the tower) are modern and spacious. Dual-level pool area is nice and relaxing. You can even walk across the street to the beach from here. CQ restaurant at the top of the hotel tower is excellent!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower - with gulf view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning the aspects of our property that you enjoyed. We hope you’ll visit again soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

You walk into the building and get bombarded with cigarette smoke. My fiance and I attempted to stay here on Valentines. I booked a suite with a king size bed....when I got there, I was told my room was double booked and I would be given a regular king size bed room. I went to the room and it was two double beds.....just what we wanted for Valentines Day. (Sarcasm). The manager was surprisingly appoligetic, and assisted us with a refund. Luckily we got a room at another hotel and enjoyed the rest of our trip.

• Stayed February 2013
I regret that you were unable to stay in the room type that you requested, but like the majority of hotels we don’t guarantee the type of room you’ll receive; we take room type requests and try our best to accommodate those requests. It is disappointing that you chose to provide low ratings in all categories simply because you didn’t receive the room type you requested. I am glad you enjoyed the remainder of your trip with your fiancé.
LaGrange, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

TB is not Beau Rivage. The casino is smoky and split into 2 floors with the first floor section being very cramped. The rooms are adequate and ours had a balcony. Also, there were 2 good TVs (one of which was in the bathroom). At least they have in-room coffee makers and $5 blackjack tables; Beau Rivage has neither of these.
I found the casino workers and staff to be generally friendly and efficient. I always seem to win money in this casino. This may be a coincidence but this has happened several times.
Treasure Bay is located about 2 miles away from the large Edgewater Mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for detailing the aspects of your recent visit that you either enjoyed or disliked. We appreciate all honest, candid comments. We hope that you’ll visit again soon.
B'ham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stay here often to enjoy Gulf Coast casinos, sea food and especially waking up to a beach front room. Recently stayed during Mardi Gras. Only casino on the Coast with usable beach front balconies. Get your coffee or breakfast to go, sit on your balcony and enjoy the view from sunrise to sunset. Rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are quite large and ours have always been clean. Nice staff. Upstairs Club Blu is a great place to eat, drink and enjoy a panoramic beach view. (Monday night's are 1/2 off appetizers.) Pool is nice and has outdoor bar and food service. No hot tub, and pool seems to close fairly early (maybe 7?). Not as luxurious as other pools, but all things considered, its nice. Take a long beach walk across the street after dinner to work off your meal or enjoy a stroll. The Casino is in the less crowded area of Biloxi. Other restaurants are good, too. Gambling is low key and hostesses come by often.

Room Tip: Request beach front with balcony. End units are even better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review and for all of the useful information provided. We are pleased to know you are loyal guests and we look forward to many more visits in the future. We hope that you will again honor us with another candid review in the future.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!