“Rate Switch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rate Switch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

On 4/17/13 I walked up to inquire about rate. Front desk clerk Lucrita (?) asked if I wanted comp rate or regular rate. I asked what was required for comp rate. She stated I would need a players card to which I replayed, how much play do I need to do. She stated there was no minimum so of course I accepted this offer. I did play a little using the card. Upon check out I was informed the comp would be for a future date depending on amount of play??? I spoke with the manager who refused to honor what her desk clerk told me. The manager did reduce the rate by $10. Is this the old bait and switch? Probably the amount of cigarette smoke filing the lobby clouded the clerks thinking process. Other than this the room was acceptable. This was a last minute stop as we were on our way to N.O.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear myrking99,

I can definitely see how this could be confusing. Let me apologize for your experience and maybe at least assuage your concerns regarding the complimentary policy. While it is true we have no minimum criteria of casino play to qualify for complimentary offers of various kinds, the level of complimentary offer is directly proportional to the level of play during a trip or series of trips. I can see that I need to better communicate this to the Front Desk clerks to avoid this kind of confusion. If you'd like to contact me at guestservices@treasurebay.com with the details of your previous stay with us, I'd love to make amends for the confusion and hopefully earn back your confidence.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were nicely suprised when we checked in , rooms were spacious and clean , beds comfortable and view from the balcony was beautifull.Great service.
We would recommend this hotel and will be back to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking a moment to let us as well as other users of this site know about your experience! We look forward to your next visit with us and we hope that we can continue to exceed your expectations!
Biloxi, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

First off, it's no Beau Rivage or IP, but TB certainly has its own niche. Small casino, but nice. Hotel rooms (at least in the tower) are modern and spacious. Dual-level pool area is nice and relaxing. You can even walk across the street to the beach from here. CQ restaurant at the top of the hotel tower is excellent!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower - with gulf view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning the aspects of our property that you enjoyed. We hope you’ll visit again soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

You walk into the building and get bombarded with cigarette smoke. My fiance and I attempted to stay here on Valentines. I booked a suite with a king size bed....when I got there, I was told my room was double booked and I would be given a regular king size bed room. I went to the room and it was two double beds.....just what we wanted for Valentines Day. (Sarcasm). The manager was surprisingly appoligetic, and assisted us with a refund. Luckily we got a room at another hotel and enjoyed the rest of our trip.

• Stayed February 2013
I regret that you were unable to stay in the room type that you requested, but like the majority of hotels we don’t guarantee the type of room you’ll receive; we take room type requests and try our best to accommodate those requests. It is disappointing that you chose to provide low ratings in all categories simply because you didn’t receive the room type you requested. I am glad you enjoyed the remainder of your trip with your fiancé.
LaGrange, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

TB is not Beau Rivage. The casino is smoky and split into 2 floors with the first floor section being very cramped. The rooms are adequate and ours had a balcony. Also, there were 2 good TVs (one of which was in the bathroom). At least they have in-room coffee makers and $5 blackjack tables; Beau Rivage has neither of these.
I found the casino workers and staff to be generally friendly and efficient. I always seem to win money in this casino. This may be a coincidence but this has happened several times.
Treasure Bay is located about 2 miles away from the large Edgewater Mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for detailing the aspects of your recent visit that you either enjoyed or disliked. We appreciate all honest, candid comments. We hope that you’ll visit again soon.
B'ham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stay here often to enjoy Gulf Coast casinos, sea food and especially waking up to a beach front room. Recently stayed during Mardi Gras. Only casino on the Coast with usable beach front balconies. Get your coffee or breakfast to go, sit on your balcony and enjoy the view from sunrise to sunset. Rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are quite large and ours have always been clean. Nice staff. Upstairs Club Blu is a great place to eat, drink and enjoy a panoramic beach view. (Monday night's are 1/2 off appetizers.) Pool is nice and has outdoor bar and food service. No hot tub, and pool seems to close fairly early (maybe 7?). Not as luxurious as other pools, but all things considered, its nice. Take a long beach walk across the street after dinner to work off your meal or enjoy a stroll. The Casino is in the less crowded area of Biloxi. Other restaurants are good, too. Gambling is low key and hostesses come by often.

Room Tip: Request beach front with balcony. End units are even better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review and for all of the useful information provided. We are pleased to know you are loyal guests and we look forward to many more visits in the future. We hope that you will again honor us with another candid review in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I Will be a guest of Treasure Bay the last weekend of April and im ecstatic. I'm so looking forward to being with my sisters and having a good stay at Treasure Bay. Hotels looks good from the website.

• Stayed March 2013
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Sherrie,
We love your enthusiasm! I hope you enjoy your stay, spending time with your sisters and the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast. We hope you’ll consider creating another review after your visit.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!