“Treasure Bay Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Verona, Kentucky
“Treasure Bay Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The room was VERY VERY NICE ,CLEAN, breakfast was very good. Gambling was good. I would visit here again. Boloxi is a nice place felt safe here as well and met a few good people while we where here. Also enjoyed the veternas memorial there as well of Vietnam it was very nice to see and enjoy the history.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to the beach very pretty and nice to wake up to in the morning time. Such a p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Theresa,

Thanks so much for your review of your stay as well as of your trip to our beloved Gulf Coast. There are so many hidden treasures here along the coast and I hope you'll let Treasure Bay continue to be your hotel and casino destination on any future trips you might be planning!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Prattville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

For those of us who are sensitive to smoke and seek out supposed "non-smoking" facilities--this one just doesn't make the grade. I understand that smoking, drinking, and gambling are related but there is a reason why this hotel keeps the casino on its own floor and provides a separate entrance to the casino from the exterior.

That reason is completely lost on the average guest who must walk through the stench-filled lobby in order to check-in or get to the elevators for our guest room. Greeted by the smell of smoke upon stepping inside the facility, you will soon find that your hair, your clothes, and even your own skin reeks of it. I believe the problem here to be the fact that the facility has slot machines available even there in the lobby area when they should be confined to the casino floor. So, if smoke bothers you at all...this will not be a good fit for you.

In addition to the smoke issue, I suffered through 2 completely cold showers during my visit. I was excited to see the open, modern showers when I first stepped into my room. They are wide open with no door. Very unique bathroom shape and a television in the bathroom is a great touch. But upon attempting 2 showers in the same day, I found nothing but cold water and a shower whose design was so flawed that water dripped off the edge and onto the bathroom floor. I will say that on day two, I was finally able to get the scalding hot shower that I'd been looking for, but won't soon forget my original shower freeze out.

Having focused on the negatives here, I will say that the breakfast buffet was nice (although located on the casino/smoke-filled floor) and the beds were comfy. Do note that you will hear folks coming in from late night gambling and a nearby train doesn't stop running for you effort at a good night's sleep.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my sandwich from the pool side snack bar and the staff was courteous. Plus, the location was outstanding in relation to my visit to the Jefferson Davis home of Beauvoir.

I would give the overall rating as a 3.5 but can't go with a 4 due to reasons mentioned above.

Room Tip: High floor and away from the elevators if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Kerri,
Thank you for composing a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your candid, honest assessment of our product. First, let me apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to smoke. We are continually researching new means to mitigate that issue. I regret also that you had to endure two cold showers, but I am thankful that issue was corrected during your stay. Thank you for the compliments and for detailing many of the aspects of your visit with us. I hope that you will consider staying with us again and provide an objective appraisal of that trip.
minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is very nice. Rooms very comfortable, including T.V. in bathroom. We played in the casino a little while, very smoky like all casinos but everyone was very nice and helpful. We only stayed one night, but it worked out great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know how we're doing! I hope that your next trip will be sooner than later! Make sure you let us know what we can do to earn 5 stars in all categories next time!
VERONA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Room was big and clean and comfortable, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was nice, big, clean, soaker tub with marble around, soap lotion and shampoo dispensers on wall. TV in the bathroom was a nice touch. Motel was right across the street from the beach, very nice. Casino was nice with free drinks while you gambled and you cannot beat their new players club member guareentee of up to 100 dollars lost on 1st night on slote refunded back to players card

Randy,

Thanks so much for your review of your experience here at Treasure Bay. I'm so pleased you not only had the chance to enjoy our deluxe accomodations but also to take advantage of the New Member promotion, one of our longest running and most successful promotions. I hope this means you'll be back soon! Make sure you try our other amenities such as the lounge blu located on the 9th floor or catch some rays at our gorgeous pool!

We look forward to your next visit!
Moultrie, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first time ever getting to come to Biloxi to try my hand at some gambling, and I must say that I was very pleased with the way this hotel and casino treated myself and my family. Everyone was more than friendly and eager to help us with any need we had. I had a great time and will definitely be coming back to stay there when I get another break from work and school. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us and for the kind words describing that trip. Our staff is very happy that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your next trip to Biloxi, we hope it will be soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We where not greeted by the Front desk person~ Roxy. Her entire attitude was disgusting. It appeared that the military discount was a huge problem to her. She did not know how to apply it to our room. She walked away from us without saying a word! Came back to tell us to just mention it again at check out, wow. Gave us the room keys to the Motel part of the hotel? I told her when I reserved the room, I asked for a room at the tower. She said that there was no note of it and with the rate we booked the room it was the cheapest so we stay in the Motel part! Handed us the key and turned around. Wow! What a total dissapointment. I felt that the military discount was not honored but degraded.
It was late and my child was to tired. Plus I wanted her away from the smoke. I understand it has a Casino to it but we came to the hotel part and didn't expect the Casino part to be basically right next to check in?! Not a place for a child. We stayed in Hotels there before and never ran into this 'problem'. They should install deviders or pull in walls. Or at least mention it before we book with children.
We decided to check out the room first before we decide if we stay there. If it was just me, I would have turned around right away.
The room turned out to look good. Modern decor and comfortable beds. However, the sheets of one of the beds where full of old stains :( We ended up only using one bed. Not that big of a deal.Everything else appeared clean.
Staying in the very back of the motel room, we woke up several times at night from the LOUD train, which is right by the Motel.
We checked out early that morning. This time we where checked out by a guy who also did not know how to apply the military discount?!
We ended up being charged $30 more.
All I wanted is to leave. I am a member of a large military org. and will not recommend this place. Not because of the rooms but the poor service we received and the none child friendly enviroment. Again, I understand it has a Casino part to it but it is also a hotel which could be more sensitive to the fact that not everyone stay a night to gamble.

• Stayed March 2013
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm just as disappointed with what you decribed as you are, if not more. Because our property is in close proximity to several military installations, we frequently apply a military discount to all manner of reservations upon arrival. I've asked that my Front Desk staff immediately go through a retraining in this as well as customer service as well. I will address more individual issues on an individual basis, since you published the name of one of the clerks in question.

I'm glad you enjoyed your room, though again I'm not pleased to read that there were substandard linens on one of your beds. A phone call to housekeeping would have fixed that right away but I understand that it was late and you were already incovenienced.

I cannot apologize enough for the poor experience you and your family had and while I'm disappointed that you will not be staying here again, I do understand. Rest assured that your experience will be a teaching experience so that other travellers are not subjected to this same scenario. Please do visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast again, even if not with us.
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Some friends and I were making a trip through New Orleans to Biloxi for a guys' weekend. Our room was overlooking the majestic AC units perched on top of the casino structure. The room had extremely limited views of the beach. That said, we didn't care because we didn't spend much time in the room. The room was nice as was the bathroom. Everyone complimented the bedroom and the bathroom. For all those reviews that mention the smoky lobby, that is simply part of the casino experience. Granted, the check-in desk is directly in the middle of the lower level casino area, but ANYONE checking into a casino should understand that there will be some level of smell. The lobby and casino areas are not smoky (unless you sit right beside a smoker) so much as they just smell like cigarette smoke, and for me, that distinction is important. The Den was tasty for lunch, but small in size. Service was adequate and a bit slow. There were two small bars downstairs and one large one upstairs. Service at these bars was great. Michelle at one of the downstairs bars was the absolute best. As for the "nice" bar on the top floor, it was too bad we walked in only 5 minutes before it closed at 2am (Friday night). Pam was easily the most personable and easygoing staff member we encountered during the whole weekend. She introduced us to a drink she had made for 14 years in Vegas. We returned to Blu on Saturday night, but unfortunately the experience was not as good. While there were a hand full of people in the bar, the taller of the two male bartenders was not at all interested in serving us as he stated that "I have other customers" when we took a moment to decide what to order to drink. When I said that I might order food, he said to stick to drinks suggesting that food would be too bothersome. The tables had low minimums, and pretty much anything you wanted to play. Only one friend came out on top, but that is how that goes. The pool area looked really nice although it was closed for maintenance, and the temperature was too cold. The Treasure Bay is a GREAT value for the price relative to the other, larger casinos in Biloxi. Some of the other casinos have more to offer overall, BUT the price you pay at those on the weekends exceeds the value you get. The Treasure Bay is a really great value at what we paid per night including tax on the weekend. I'd go back in a second at that price. Most everyone was friendly, the hotel was clean, it wasn't pretentious like some places, parking was convenient, and the rooms/bathrooms were modern and nice.

Room Tip: If you must have a gulf view, be specific with you request.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are extremely grateful that you took time to compose such a thoroughly detailed review. Judging by the quality and quantity of the information you provided, I am surprised you have only one other TripAdvisor review; I hope it will not be your last. This review is the epitome of what any business operator needs to assess their customer’s perception. We sincerely apologize for the less than desirable moments you experienced during your stay; again the detail provided will make it much easier for us to address these issues. Overall, it seems you enjoyed both the experience and the value of your trip, and for that we are very pleased. We hope you’ll consider both Biloxi and Treasure Bay for another guy’s weekend sometime soon.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!