For those of us who are sensitive to smoke and seek out supposed "non-smoking" facilities--this one just doesn't make the grade. I understand that smoking, drinking, and gambling are related but there is a reason why this hotel keeps the casino on its own floor and provides a separate entrance to the casino from the exterior.
That reason is completely lost on the average guest who must walk through the stench-filled lobby in order to check-in or get to the elevators for our guest room. Greeted by the smell of smoke upon stepping inside the facility, you will soon find that your hair, your clothes, and even your own skin reeks of it. I believe the problem here to be the fact that the facility has slot machines available even there in the lobby area when they should be confined to the casino floor. So, if smoke bothers you at all...this will not be a good fit for you.
In addition to the smoke issue, I suffered through 2 completely cold showers during my visit. I was excited to see the open, modern showers when I first stepped into my room. They are wide open with no door. Very unique bathroom shape and a television in the bathroom is a great touch. But upon attempting 2 showers in the same day, I found nothing but cold water and a shower whose design was so flawed that water dripped off the edge and onto the bathroom floor. I will say that on day two, I was finally able to get the scalding hot shower that I'd been looking for, but won't soon forget my original shower freeze out.
Having focused on the negatives here, I will say that the breakfast buffet was nice (although located on the casino/smoke-filled floor) and the beds were comfy. Do note that you will hear folks coming in from late night gambling and a nearby train doesn't stop running for you effort at a good night's sleep.
Otherwise, I enjoyed my sandwich from the pool side snack bar and the staff was courteous. Plus, the location was outstanding in relation to my visit to the Jefferson Davis home of Beauvoir.
I would give the overall rating as a 3.5 but can't go with a 4 due to reasons mentioned above.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Bay Hotel Biloxi
- Treasure Bay Hotel
- Treasure Bay Biloxi
- Treasure Bay Casino
- Biloxi Treasure Bay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Biloxi landmark, the nine-story hotel tower faces the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Recently renovated, the tower has 159 guest rooms, including eight Suites and eight Lofts. Rooms feature double or king-sized accommodations with plush fabrics, pillow-top bedding and imported furnishings all in keeping with the color scheme of the property. Additional amenities include private balconies, high definition televisions, Jacuzzi tubs, and walk-in showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, EasyToBook, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.