“A nice alternative to the big casinos” 4 of 5 stars

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1980 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Mandeville, LA
“A nice alternative to the big casinos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend because we had a wedding to attend in the area. We had a gift certificate to stay here and we were pleasantly surprised that the front desk honored our certificate a week after it expired due to the wedding we had to attend.

The hotel and casino were smaller than the other large ones in the area but very clean and quiet. The room decor was very nice and modern. There was a large mirror in the room which I always appreciate and a coffee pot and a bathroom television. The balcony we had was also nice which looked out across the road to the beach. The negative aspects were that the bathroom lighting was very dim and there was no make-up mirror in the bathroom. The bathroom only had a shower (although it was a big one) which I wasn't aware of prior to my stay, so I called to ask for a room with a tub but the front desk said that they were all booked. So if you would like a tub in your bathroom, you need to make a request when you reserve your room.

We really enjoyed the food at CQ, the restaurant at the top of the hotel. The atmosphere was very elegant. The view was very romantic and nice and the service was great. The food was delicious and the chef (Josh Stetson) even came out to talk with us. We had steak and fish and salad and side dishes as well as dessert and everything was wonderful. We have eaten at many high-end resort restaurants in Las Vegas and we felt like this one was a little hidden gem in the area because the food was better (and reasonably priced) than some of those we have eaten at.

Overall, the hotel was quiet, clean, modern and met our needs. The casino was small but looked casino-like (unlike some I have visited in the area). We have put this hotel on our list to stay again. It is a nice place to stay for a reasonable price.

Note: The big casinos (Beau Rivage and Hard Rock, etc.) are across the street and just down the road.

Room Tip: Request a high floor so you will have a better view of the beach and request a tub because some room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our whole facility. I've made sure everyone has been given the opportunity to read about how their good work and guest service has paid off. I've particularly let Josh know how much you thought of his cuisine in CQ. Both he and the restaurant manager are very happy to get feedback. We all agree it is a hidden gem as well!

We hope you will consider staying with us very soon! Make sure to provide your email with our front desk or Player Services to receive special offers for rooms and food!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Cant wait to visit this hotel on Jan 26 2013, heard nothing but good which will be pleasant after staying at some in the area. Taking my son for engagement present. Ill be sure to write a review after our stay.
Teresa Busby

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your excitement over your stay. I can’t wait to read your review, please include as many details , good or bad, as you care to share. I hope everyone enjoys the engagement present.
Ste. Anne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent a week there in February 2012 and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. ALL the staff were very friendly and our room was great. We were on the sixth floor with a balcony overlooking the Gulf.

Room Tip: Best view is facing the Gulf.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will come visit us again very soon and enjoy some more of our signature "Southern Hospitality!"
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Last year for scraping the coast 2012. we had about 20 people staying at this hotel. It was very nice, but EVERY TIME you walked in the hotel, you were questioned "why are you here" and we would reply "we are staying at this hotel" and theyd want i.d. the staff was very very rude. Everytime we would go downstairs to go on the town we would get dirty looks from the staff and security. We had felt very awkward, like they didnt want us here. And one time, a guy i was with and i got to the lobby.. they asked for our room keys to show we stayed there. and made him go allllll the way up to the 8th floor to get the room key! unbelivable. I really hope its different this year at scrapin the coast 2013 when we come to stay again! managment need to worn the staff about this issue or i will have something to say!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased that you chose Treasure Bay for your stay during last year's Scrapin' The Coast event and I do hope that you consider staying with us again this year.

While it is never our intention to make our guests feel uncomfortable, because we are in a casino and hotel environment rather than simply a hotel, certain precautions must be taken to prevent underage persons from being in a restricted area due to State Gaming Regulations and local laws. Since Scrapin' The Coast brings in such a young crowd, our Security must be vigilent that we remain compliant. We never want you to feel unwelcomed or unwanted, though, and if there is a personal issue with our Security, please do not hesitate to contact any of our mangers on duty to help remedy the situation.

Events such as Scrapin' The Coast are vital to the local economy and Treasure Bay, and it is our hope that each year is bigger and better than the last! If there is anything we can do to make your future stay more pleasant, please do not hesitate to call upon us to do so.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved our room in the main tower and hotel location. Beautifully decorated and renovated post Katrina. The beds are scrumptious and comfortable. Also enjoyed the beautiful roomy two-level swimming pools. Great fun!

My biggest complaint was I felt like I was under constant surveillance in the public areas. There are security guards posted at each entrance and in hallways. I was stopped and questioned by various ones asking where I was going . . .my reply: " I'm going to my hotel room." Also, you have to wear wrist bands to swim in the pool; and security actually makes sweeps of pool guests to make sure you have your wrist band. I had just returned from a week in Vegas with NONE of this kind of scrutiny. To their defense, I must add: I was visiting with my 2 teenaged sons, but they were also with me in Vegas.

Also be aware that if you book a "Limited View" room, that is EXACTLY what you will get. We had an ocean view which was partially behind large roof-top A/C units which whirred with a great roar. However, we still managed to enjoy our large balcony and the part of the beach we could see. The seagulls were also very entertaining. Be prepared if you walk out on your balcony with ANYTHING to eat, you will be joined by a bunch of seagulls singing, "Mine! Mine! Mine!"

Oh by the way, you have to go check out Zepplin's Pizzaria & Sandwiches on Howard St at the corner of Main during your visit. Excellent!

Room Tip: Partial view rooms on the beach are if you are looking for a good value, but just know they WILL BE...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and definitely look forward to your visit again this year.

On behalf of Security, I apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, we've experienced some issues with people using the facility who were not authorized as well as underage people in restricted areas so Security has been ramped up to deal with those issues. I've personally been working with the Security department to help work out ways in which we can find a happy medium and make sure all our guests feel welcomed and wanted!

In the meantime, we will continue to provide Southern Hospitality to all our guests and do our very best to make your stay another one to remember.

PS - when you book, consider booking one of our lofts - each other features a panoramic (floor to ceiling) view from the very top of our hotel tower along with special accomodations such as a jacuzzi tub and mini-fridge and award winning decor.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We where able to check in early which is always nice. Beautiful room all newly remodeled. Extra bonus a flat screen tv in the bathroom. Our room had a nice size balcony with views of the beach right across the street. Ate dinner there that night and it was excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a nice review of our property. I'm pleased that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience. We are always looking for ways to exceed our guests expectations. We are looking forward to you staying with us again in the future! Happy Holidays!
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had a wonderful time staying at the hotel/casino in fact if it work out I may be back next year!!! The staff was very helpful and had great southern personalities. The weather was wonderful for a northerner who is used to below temps in November!!! Keep up the GOOOOOD WORK!!!! Randall Horton.

Room Tip: Every room has a warm attmosphere about it The Handicap one especially
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Mr. Horton, thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your next stay with us, and in the meantime please let us know if there's anything else we could be doing better.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!