Drove from Houston to meet my sister for a couple of days. She has been to this casino several times and enjoyed it. Upon check in, I was given a complimentary (and unsolicited) room upgrade so that set the stage for a really nice two night visit. Check in was easy and the complimentary valet service was a real convenience. The room was perfectly acceptable. Not the luxury level of some resorts in this area, it nevertheless more than met my needs. The beds were comfortable and the linens were of high quality and a very generous number of washcloths and towels. In room safe and flatscreen TV were complimented by an additional TV in the bathroom and a nice balcony overlooking the pool and cabana area. The bathroom was nice with pleasant tile work, good task lighting and a large glass walk-in shower. The room was QUIET! which is always appreciated in a resort. Now the bad. Housekeeping was not up to par. On my second day there were no shampoos or lotions left in the room at all. Several urine spots on the tile floor near the toilet remained during my entire three days. The shower floor was disgusting with black mold/mildew on the grouting and the glass wall was streaked with soap scum and water marks. Quite frankly, if a hotel aspires to luxury and wants to put in nice tilework, they need to maintain it even though that is difficult to do. Otherwise drop the pretense and put in a motel 6 molded shower unit that can be kept clean by even a lazy housekeeping staff. (and where was the housekeeping manager? doesn't he/she ever check the rooms?). That aside, on to the restaurants and casino. This has to be the friendliest place I have ever visited. They must put something in the water as the entire staff is pleasant and seems to enjoy their jobs. The atmosphere is infectious and spills over to the guests. It is difficult to sit in the casino for more than a few minutes without a fellow guest starting up a conversation. An ever-present and pleasant employee is ready to take your complimentary drink order - no waiting here. The drinks are good - try their bloody mary. The main dining room is a more than adequate buffet and a real bargain even if you pay full price. You are seated and they take your drink order. The buffet is bountiful and high quality - certainly not luxury - but much better than your usual commercial buffet restaurant. Eggs to order in the morning are accompanied by the usual sides and some really fresh fruit. Lunch has several entrees and a carving station, Dinner is highlighted by all you can eat dungeness crab legs. The first floor 24 hour diner is not worth mentioning except if you are hungry and desperate. On the 9th floor, the place turns elegant with some fantastic meeting rooms, and a very good upscale restaurant and a beautiful and comfortable bar that has a sweeping view of the Gulf of Mexico. Reasonable drink prices and a good tapas menu made this my favorite spot for watching the sun set over the water. Check out was also easy and pleasant and a very short wait for my car was appreciated. Cannot comment on the gambling as I am not much of a gambler. However they forgave my first day's losses with a compensating credit and I ended up leaving slightly ahead. This hotel is not pretentious, they know their target market very well. It is popular with locals and retired military people and has a very diverse staff and clientele. If you want down home and friendly in Biloxi, this is the place. I am taking one star off for housekeeping although I it bothers me to do that. Not leaving me toiletries on day two was unforgivable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Biloxi landmark, the nine-story hotel tower faces the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Recently renovated, the tower has 202 guest rooms, including eight Suites and eight Lofts. Rooms feature double or king-sized accommodations with plush fabrics, pillow-top bedding and imported furnishings all in keeping with the color scheme of the property. Additional amenities include private balconies, high definition televisions, Jacuzzi tubs, and walk-in showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Bay Hotel Biloxi
- Treasure Bay Biloxi
- Biloxi Treasure Bay Hotel