After I reviewed Treasure Bay last year, I received an invite to return and give their hospitality another try. Not that they were inhospitable the first time, but I did point out a few things that I thought could be improved on. So here goes round two, starting with the big pluses: when the towel bar fell off the shower wall (hey,these things happen, no biggie), I called the front desk. Within 10 minutes, 2 very friendly guys showed up with their kit and fixed it. When our curtains didn't close all the way in the morning, same thing; 10 minutes tops, same 2 guys, nice as they could be. I have rated their tapas restaurant, Blu, by itself, but want to mention it here. On Mondays, they offer 1/2 off tapas menu. It is delicious gourmet food, and at 1/2 price, it's an unbelievable deal. The guy behind the bar on Mondays may be the hardest working man I've ever seen, but he makes it all happen. Our room this time was their jacuzzi loft suite, which has plenty of space, is decorated very well, has a love seat as well as chair, swivel chair at the desk, and another very comfortable king bed. The TV in the bathroom faces the right way, so one may "make use of the facilities" while watching. My only two issues with the room were 1)that shower is still too slippery for me without a grab bar, and 2) Jacuzzi is a brand name of tubs that have jets that blend water and air to massage you in the tub. I know because I own one. The tub in our suite draws cold air from the room and blows it out holes around the bottom of the tub. Really cold air, in my case; not a fan.
The casino was, well, a casino. Smoky, noisy, what you would expect, but after visiting the Beau, the IP, and Margaritaville this trip, I found Treasure Bay to be by far the smokiest and most cramped What I didn't expect was the pit boss to give our Mississippi Stud dealer a hard time about giving me $1 chips (at my request). When I stood up for the dealer and told him it was my request, the boss actually complained to me (the customer) that he didn't want to have to swap out chips because they ran out of singles. I found security to be unfriendly, not hostile, but not friendly. Check in at 4:15 on Sunday afternoon gave me Disney flashbacks; 45 minutes in line listening to other people's tired kids whine.
I am a night owl, and seeing the big signs in the casino for double points and lowered table limits between 1:00-6:00 AM, I went back to the casino, hoping to play some cheap blackjack. Yes, I'm cheap, I know I'm gonna lose money, I just like to lose it slowly and enjoy myself. Unfortunately, nobody at the tables or the Player's Club desk had an explanation as to why there were no such lowered table limits.
As a hotel, if you don't mind the overwhelming smell of smoke in the hallways, the rooms are very nice. The tapas restaurant Blu is great. The buffet, rated in a separate entry, is the saddest I have ever seen, and the casino just isn't keeping up. The dealers look stressed or tired; at the IP and Margaritaville they must give their people drugs or something, because everybody acts happy to be there. I just find a stark contrast in the overall environments, but obviously that's what some people are looking for, because they do some business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Biloxi landmark, the nine-story hotel tower faces the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Recently renovated, the tower has 202 guest rooms, including eight Suites and eight Lofts. Rooms feature double or king-sized accommodations with plush fabrics, pillow-top bedding and imported furnishings all in keeping with the color scheme of the property. Additional amenities include private balconies, high definition televisions, Jacuzzi tubs, and walk-in showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Bay Hotel Biloxi
- Treasure Bay Biloxi
- Biloxi Treasure Bay Hotel