“Hotel suite was very nice, casino not keeping up with the competition” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel

You added Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1980 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Katy, Texas
“Hotel suite was very nice, casino not keeping up with the competition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After I reviewed Treasure Bay last year, I received an invite to return and give their hospitality another try. Not that they were inhospitable the first time, but I did point out a few things that I thought could be improved on. So here goes round two, starting with the big pluses: when the towel bar fell off the shower wall (hey,these things happen, no biggie), I called the front desk. Within 10 minutes, 2 very friendly guys showed up with their kit and fixed it. When our curtains didn't close all the way in the morning, same thing; 10 minutes tops, same 2 guys, nice as they could be. I have rated their tapas restaurant, Blu, by itself, but want to mention it here. On Mondays, they offer 1/2 off tapas menu. It is delicious gourmet food, and at 1/2 price, it's an unbelievable deal. The guy behind the bar on Mondays may be the hardest working man I've ever seen, but he makes it all happen. Our room this time was their jacuzzi loft suite, which has plenty of space, is decorated very well, has a love seat as well as chair, swivel chair at the desk, and another very comfortable king bed. The TV in the bathroom faces the right way, so one may "make use of the facilities" while watching. My only two issues with the room were 1)that shower is still too slippery for me without a grab bar, and 2) Jacuzzi is a brand name of tubs that have jets that blend water and air to massage you in the tub. I know because I own one. The tub in our suite draws cold air from the room and blows it out holes around the bottom of the tub. Really cold air, in my case; not a fan.
The casino was, well, a casino. Smoky, noisy, what you would expect, but after visiting the Beau, the IP, and Margaritaville this trip, I found Treasure Bay to be by far the smokiest and most cramped What I didn't expect was the pit boss to give our Mississippi Stud dealer a hard time about giving me $1 chips (at my request). When I stood up for the dealer and told him it was my request, the boss actually complained to me (the customer) that he didn't want to have to swap out chips because they ran out of singles. I found security to be unfriendly, not hostile, but not friendly. Check in at 4:15 on Sunday afternoon gave me Disney flashbacks; 45 minutes in line listening to other people's tired kids whine.
I am a night owl, and seeing the big signs in the casino for double points and lowered table limits between 1:00-6:00 AM, I went back to the casino, hoping to play some cheap blackjack. Yes, I'm cheap, I know I'm gonna lose money, I just like to lose it slowly and enjoy myself. Unfortunately, nobody at the tables or the Player's Club desk had an explanation as to why there were no such lowered table limits.
As a hotel, if you don't mind the overwhelming smell of smoke in the hallways, the rooms are very nice. The tapas restaurant Blu is great. The buffet, rated in a separate entry, is the saddest I have ever seen, and the casino just isn't keeping up. The dealers look stressed or tired; at the IP and Margaritaville they must give their people drugs or something, because everybody acts happy to be there. I just find a stark contrast in the overall environments, but obviously that's what some people are looking for, because they do some business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property and for detailing many of the items you both enjoyed or disliked. Thank you also for the kind words concerning our team members that helped make your stay more enjoyable. We do regret that there were some areas where the service could have been much better; thank you also for detailing those experiences so that we can make improvements. We do offer lower table limits from 1am to 6am each week day, and I regret that no one was able to provide that information to you. We hope that you’ll consider another visit and again provide honest feedback concerning your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Mobile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

On July 30th I vistied the Treasure bay Casino, earlier in July I had received in the mail a total of $240.00 in bonus free play. I drove from mobile to play my first set of free play, after I played awhile I tried to access the extra bonus $40.00 free play they had also sent me for my Birthday gift. I could not access my free play so I went to the cage on the first floor to ask how do I retreive the extra bonus free play, that’s when all hell broke loose out of their employee, she looked in the computer and stated I don’t see any free play for you.
I tried to explain the coupons that I had received in the mail, eariler that month, when I received the free play in the mail I took a picture of it with my cell phone and sent it to several friends about 10 ppl often times my friends and I conversate talking about which casino Is paying or which one has a great promotion this month, I had several friends to tell me after they saw the free play I received that they were going to start playing at the Treasure Bay casino.
I took out my phone and tried showed the same pictures to Regina her statement to me “ I can’t go off of your phone” I said I know but I was just trying to show you what I was saying was true, I told here that I had one of the coupons in the car then she stated well you need to go and get it, By now I am shocked …………but I went to my car and got the information and gave it to her she went back to the computer and said you don’t have any free play that I can see, so by this time I am livid I said to her that I would go up stairs and inquire, ( if you could have seen the expression on her face) I got on the elevator and proceeded to the second floor I walked toward the boot and saw three cashiers and went to Sandy and explained in brief detail what had just happened and she apoligized for the poor service that had been given and by this time I could see another lady walking up behind her, she quietly listened in to my inquiry, and said let me have a look Mr. Johnson, Jenny stated that I see you have played your $40 free play today and you have a bounus offer that wil start on the first of August. Instantly my question was answered the extra free play I was looking for did would not start for another two days.
I want to say again thanks to those two ladies for turning a bad experience into a resolved experience, Had the rude employee taken an extra minute to look at her computer or call a Supervisor for assistance this could have been resolved the first time, but her rude, unkind, nasty, and unprofessional behavior has me still thinking about this experience two days later. I have written a comment on treasure bays web site under (reviews) and I am writing a letter to the Company and I will also post my experince on trip advisor, I have been coming to your casino since 2001 and have never been treated this way.

DJohnson

Room Tip: I have not stayed there but in the future I would like to try that as well
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear DJohnson, thank you for taking the time to write this review of our guest service. Because you are a loyal player with us you know that our guest service standard is of a much higher caliber that what you experienced on your visit. While I am pleased that your situation was resolved and your question was ultimately answered, please be assured that I am taking measures to assure that the employee in question as well as all of my employees are reminded how important it is to treat our guests with respect and courtesy. My most sincere apologies for this experience. It is my hope that you will not let one bad apple spoil the bunch and that you will visit us again and allow us to make this up to you. If not, I do hope you will continue to enjoy the Mississippi Gulf Coast no matter where you choose to go.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked a family gathering at Treasure Bay in July of 2012. The hotel was very nice to our group and I want to single out Shannon who was very patient with all of the changes that were made along the way, We really enjoyed the pool area and I felt that the entire staff were trying there best to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 5th floor on the beach side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our property. Thank you also for the kind words concerning your stay and about Shannon in Hotel / Group Sales; she truly is one of a kind. We hope that you will consider staying with us again soon.
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was one of our stops between Texas and Florida and I was highly impressed. First of all, my wife and I came to Biloxi after Katrina during the rebuilding efforts to work in some retail shops to get signage updated and repaired. We were devastated by the devastation and hoped Biloxi and Guflport could rebuild. The last 5 years have evidently been full of hard workers and a strong community spirit because it looks great and while there are still damaged houses and buildings, it has been built up and rejuvenated well. Treasure Bay is a great example of this.

We had some reservation difficulties (read as: we waited until the last minute to book our rooms) and ended up with two rooms on two different floors. Fine, girls in one room, boys in another (there are seven of us). This worked out OK because it meant we got views of BOTH the pool and the Gulf. Checkin was easy, the rooms were clean, TV's worked, internet was a bit slow but it was stable, and the bathrooms were huge. I was leery of the open shower stall with only 2/3 of the opening covered by the glass, but it didn't make a huge mess at all. TVs in the bathrooms, people, that was unexpected! I also liked the casino because it's been years since I've seen the WMS "Used Cars" game and they had one right by the front desk. I was happy to run $40 through it and enjoyed it so much I didn't care that I lost that much. I was up $600+ by the end of the night so it's all good. My wife enjoyed herself as well. The casino is on both the ground floor and the second floor. They have table games but that's not our thing. Slot machines run the gamut, lots of penny machines, lots of 25 cent machines, some dollar machines. They also have a high stakes area with $2, $5, $10, $20, and even a $100 machine. Remind me not to play the $100 machine again. The next morning, we tried the breakfast buffet and got there right when it opened. The selection was limited but they had biscuits, toast, gravy, sausage, eggs, bacon, fruit, pancakes, french toast, and a few other things I can't recall. It was worth it. Service was good as well and the lady made sure we had enough coffee (best coffee I have had on this trip so far and we're 3 weeks in) and juices and milks. Checkout was easy, valets were fast both in and out, and we were back on the road in no time. Rooms cost $81 each that particular Tuesday night and this was a good price for what we got.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the pool or the Gulf, but Gulf rooms up through the 5th floors are obscured by the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for recent review of our product and for all the kind words. You sir, know how to write a review! Your appraisal was well organized, followed a timeline, provided a multitude of facts and was entertaining. We wish a very safe journey to you and your family and hope that you’ll visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon.
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked our room online several months back. We arrived a little early due to them being on central time and us on EDT. We waited at the most 5 minutes in line to check in. Roxie was very friendly and helpful during our check-in. We found our room was exactly what I had booked..a king non-smoking room with an ocean view. The room was clean and had an excellent view. My husband couldn't believe we had such a nice room on the ocean for such a decent price. The housekeeping staff was very friendly offering to get us anything we needed during our stay. We used the pool without any problems and the lady in the gift shop that gave us the towels was friendly. The security staff never bothered us as we went in and out of the hotel. We didn't find the smoke from the casino to be overbearing, however, we never actually spent time in the casino. We enjoyed the buffett and our waitress was very nice.We arrived on Sunday July 1, 2012 and stayed til Thursday July 5, 2012 so we were able to enjoy the many fireworks on the beach on the 4th of July! I would suggest The Treasure Bay to any of my friends and family wanting to go to the Gulf without having to deal with crowded beaches.

Room Tip: 8th floor room with ocean view is well worth the price
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recent review of our product and for all the kind words. We appreciate you dispelling many of the rumors that have been generated by other reviews in times past. We strive to offer the best possible product at a reasonable price. Your recommendation of our services to your family and friends is the highest honor that you could bestow upon us and we are grateful for it. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.
smiths station
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights-very clean-hotel and casino people very helpful-enjoyed tremendously

Room Tip: high floor with view of ocean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our property and the kind words. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.
Florence, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

First of all we come to the Coast once a year for our family vacation. When we come we always stay here but this year I had to book through hotels.com because of availability. Check in was fast and easy in fact we were so tired from the heat and travelling that they were able to accomodate uswith an early checkin with no problem. We got to the room and had problems with the door if we opened the door to the balcony the room door came open. That happened every time we went on the balcony. We ended up not being able to go and sit on the balcony. Nobody answered at the front desk when we called to complain about it. Their were lights out in the room and the toilet would not flush unless you stood there and held it for at least two minutes. We tried to call a couple of times but once again no answer. I just assumed it was because it was a Friday and just busy. I have seen some posts about the security and that I will agree with. Once you exit the elevator you have to go down the hallway and outside to get to the pool we were stopped 3 times and asked if we were guests. I had my bag for the pool and also the towels they issue in the gift shop. I am glad to see they are so on top of security but my 7 year old had no intention of going on the floor. When I went downstairs to check out the next morning the check out gentleman named Charles would not let me speak to anyone to complain. He told me to tell hotels.com. Due to this trip it will make me think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our product. I regret that you had difficulty that was not resolved during your trip. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider visiting the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!