“Very pleased with our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1980 Beach Blvd, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi
Madison
“Very pleased with our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked our room online several months back. We arrived a little early due to them being on central time and us on EDT. We waited at the most 5 minutes in line to check in. Roxie was very friendly and helpful during our check-in. We found our room was exactly what I had booked..a king non-smoking room with an ocean view. The room was clean and had an excellent view. My husband couldn't believe we had such a nice room on the ocean for such a decent price. The housekeeping staff was very friendly offering to get us anything we needed during our stay. We used the pool without any problems and the lady in the gift shop that gave us the towels was friendly. The security staff never bothered us as we went in and out of the hotel. We didn't find the smoke from the casino to be overbearing, however, we never actually spent time in the casino. We enjoyed the buffett and our waitress was very nice.We arrived on Sunday July 1, 2012 and stayed til Thursday July 5, 2012 so we were able to enjoy the many fireworks on the beach on the 4th of July! I would suggest The Treasure Bay to any of my friends and family wanting to go to the Gulf without having to deal with crowded beaches.

Room Tip: 8th floor room with ocean view is well worth the price
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for recent review of our product and for all the kind words. We appreciate you dispelling many of the rumors that have been generated by other reviews in times past. We strive to offer the best possible product at a reasonable price. Your recommendation of our services to your family and friends is the highest honor that you could bestow upon us and we are grateful for it. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
smiths station
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights-very clean-hotel and casino people very helpful-enjoyed tremendously

Room Tip: high floor with view of ocean
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our property and the kind words. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.
Florence, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

First of all we come to the Coast once a year for our family vacation. When we come we always stay here but this year I had to book through hotels.com because of availability. Check in was fast and easy in fact we were so tired from the heat and travelling that they were able to accomodate uswith an early checkin with no problem. We got to the room and had problems with the door if we opened the door to the balcony the room door came open. That happened every time we went on the balcony. We ended up not being able to go and sit on the balcony. Nobody answered at the front desk when we called to complain about it. Their were lights out in the room and the toilet would not flush unless you stood there and held it for at least two minutes. We tried to call a couple of times but once again no answer. I just assumed it was because it was a Friday and just busy. I have seen some posts about the security and that I will agree with. Once you exit the elevator you have to go down the hallway and outside to get to the pool we were stopped 3 times and asked if we were guests. I had my bag for the pool and also the towels they issue in the gift shop. I am glad to see they are so on top of security but my 7 year old had no intention of going on the floor. When I went downstairs to check out the next morning the check out gentleman named Charles would not let me speak to anyone to complain. He told me to tell hotels.com. Due to this trip it will make me think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our product. I regret that you had difficulty that was not resolved during your trip. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider visiting the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

There were a lot of likes and dislikes about this hotel for me. The price was not really a "deal" so that affects my feelings. Check in was about 20 minutes because they only had 2 people at the desk and a line a people waiting. Angie was very cordial and handled the check in well. We ended up with a smoking room and was told that they spray well so it shouldn't be too bad. For a non-smoker it wasn't good... No matter how much they spray the smell is in the carpets and drapes! The room was decent but had signs of wear and tear.

There were spots on the wall in the bathroom by the coffee maker and an empty soda container under the sink! Not cool! The rest of the room was pretty clean. The bed was comfy with plenty of pillows.

Our room looked out towards the ocean, a huge plus! It even had a nice little balcony with a couple of chairs and small table. Nice flat screen TV in the room and small one in the bathroom! The vanity is in the bathroom but the shower is huge and whole bathroom is quite roomy. Not much pressure in the shower though. Big disappointment! Nice soft water though! There were hardly any amenities in the bathroom. Just a couple of bars of soap and a small bottle of shampoo! That's it! The coffee service was sparse as well. No refrigerator or microwave.

Plenty of lighting in the room but the night lights on the wall by the bed did not have switches (that I could find anyway). So I had to get up to turn them off. The hallway carpet was dirty but they were shampooing it while we were there.

The pool area is nice with two pools with plenty of deck chairs and lounges. Nothing special but I enjoyed it. You have to go to the gift shop for the towels.

We ate at the Infinity buffet for dinner and breakfast. We received a nice discount for being seniors (15%) which made it affordable. The dinner is typically $23.99 which is a little pricey but the food was very good and includes crab every night. They didn't have a ton of choices but everything we tried was tasty. Service was very good both times.

The casino was typical - smokey! Didn't spend much time there so can't really say a lot other than I have gotten so I like the ones that have the self-serve soda bars and they didn't have one.

All in all, we would stay there again but expected more for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our product. Thank you also for the numerous details included in your review. I hope that overall your stay was enjoyable and you will stay with us again soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband & I traveled here w/e of 6/16/12, recommended by a friend. I must say I will make sure I'll go somewhere else next time. I was treated like a child getting checked for I.D. Everytime I stepped foot off the elevator. For a FACT I knew an underage child was gambling, but I was the one getting harassed & carded. I felt violated & it was a disgrace of how one security lady approached me. She asked to see my ID and I had an old one, she told me I BETTER throw it away. I kindly showed her the valid one and told her to hush talking to me like that...RUDE employees. The rooms are ok, but not worth the $$ they're asking... Really & employees get smart w/you?? No thanks my $$ is going elsewhere not here anymore. Thanks for the awesome buffet though, that's the only good thing I can say!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write an appraisal of our product. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay. I hope that you will visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon.
brookville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was down this past weekend with a group of people staying at Treasure Bay. This was the 2nd year we stayed at Treasure Bay for an annual truck show and can promise we'll never stay there again! The casino has about 40 security guards outside at anytime walking around harassing anyone outside the casino. This includes the hotel lobby, pool, hall ways etc. I couldnt walk 5 steps into the front entrance or off the elevator without being asked where I was going, what I was doing and checking my room key. While swimming in the pool every 10 minutes they would walk laps checking wrist bands. To top that off one of our show trucks got broken into Saturday night in the parking lot. Some thief broke a rear window. Treasure Bay would not let us stay near the vehicle nor would they let it be parked up front in the valet spots. They said tough luck but you cant be out in the parking lot. They also would not review the security cameras to try to find out who broke the window. The guy ended up leaving at 3am and making the 14 hour drive back home to Ohio because he couldnt sleep knowing someone may break into his truck and steal the expensive audio equipment. We had 4 guests and they would only give us 3 towels. I will never return to this awful hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Save a headache and find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gulfport, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had an opportunity to stay at Treasure Bay for a very reasonable price. The room was nice, the only problem was slamming doors from other rooms that seemed to resonate into ours. The checkin was good, the staff very courteous and the lounge upstairs "Blue" was very nice and the view of the gulf superb!! Of course, being a nonsmoker, the casino seemed overly smoky to me. All in all, an ok experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to create a review of our property. Thank you also for the kind words regarding our hotel rooms and staff. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the door closings in the hotel; I’ll make sure our hotel maintenance team is aware of the issue. We have taken steps to reduce the amount of smoke in the casino and I regret that it was a problem for you. Overall I hope you enjoyed your stay and would consider visiting us again soon.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!