“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Sarasota
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This BW is across the street from the Beau Rivage at a bit cheaper price. You can walk to most places you want to see including the Beau, Hard Rock, and the Half Shell Oyster Bar. It is reasonably quiet considering the location. I would return next time I visit Biloxi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newark, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Located in walking distance to several restaurants and the Hard Rock and Beau Rivage casinos. Our room was clean and had new linens on the bed and fluffy towels in the bathroom. Front desk staff were very helpful. The continental breakfast was well stocked with good selections including fresh fruit. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My best friend, her grandkids and I stayed here on Spring break. Easy check in and check out. Good location and very comfortable rooms. We had a great stay and would come back again the next time we are in Biloxi!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

No customer service or safety concerns at the Best Western in Biloxi across from the Beau Rivage Casino. A couple friends of mine and I were in town for a bachelorette party and had a room booked there. Upon returning to our room, we were surprised to find a young man passed out on one of our beds. We called the front office and no one answered. When we finally got someone to come check the room, the security guard spent more time hiding behind us than dealing with the situation. There was NEVER any apology from any staff. Only "we never had that happen before". As a matter of fact, they only tried to convince us that we had left our door open - not likely. When we were checking out, no one asked us if anything was missing, if we were able to rest...again they simply and immediately started in on the whole we had to have left our door open. No management available. No contact from management after Not happy or satisfied customers...............

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
covington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

While I was staying at this hotel on april 6th 2013 with a few friends we had went out to the casinos for the night. We where there for a Bachelorette weekend for one of our friends. When we returned back to the hotel room we found a strange man passed out in our room in one of the beds face down. We called the front desk and no one answered so we went down to the front desk and then they sent a security guard who was a elderly gentleman up to hour room. He woke the man and asked him to leave and the man aruged with him. After fifteen minutes of arguing they finally came out into the hall where myself and my friends were waiting.

He then allowed the man back into our room to see if he had anything else in there that might be his. He even asked us if we knew who he was and if he anything of his in there? We told him we have no idea who he is that is why we called to have him removed from the room. He then had to figure out who he was and where his room was wich happened to be the room right next to ours.

We went back into our room and we checked our purses and bags to make sure nothing was missing. The front desk said they had no other rooms and didn't offer to change the sheets or anything. Basically they made it sound as if it was our fault he was in there. We asked to speak to the manager and the lady at the desk said she didn't want to call her and wake her up. Really? Then she said the manager was across the lake in New Orleans which is about 110 miles away with car problems at 4 am in the morning. Why is the manager in New Orleans?

With no help and rude service from the front desk we retired to our room after we were told she would be back in the morning. We could not sleep not knowing if someone else would be let in our room. The next morning the manager was still not there, she was at a confrence in New Orleans we were told. Hope she was not staying at a Best western.

They did nothing for us. Did not ask if anything was taken or missing. Where not worried about our safety at all. Did not ask if we ok. We where basically made to feel if it was somhow our fault. Upon check out they showed us that they only issued two room keys which we already knew. They just said again we must have left the door open when we didn't. I am 41 Years old a mother of two married and have a little more sense then leaving our door open while we go out. Especailly leaving purses Ipad and other valuebles in the room. More then likely someone let this guy in or room because he was so drunk they just wanted to get him in a room and thought it was the one he was staying in.

Also the doors on the outside of the building where is suppose to be secured after dusk and you need to use a room key to get in to the building, but all you have to do is pull on the door and you can rome thru the halls. The entry doors are not secure at all. You would think they would have comped the room or better yet the manager would have called me since she has all my information to make it right, but has not done that yet.

If I was you I would not stay at this Best Western or any other one do to the safety issues of someone possible getting into your room. After talking to there customer service at the Corperate Office they said there is nothing they can do because they just use the Best Western name and they don't actaully belong to Best Western. They did say I will get a 40 travel card that can only be used at a Best Western! Like I will ever stay there again.

So how do you know if your actually staying at Best Western? I recomend you stay far away from this hotel and any other Best Western because it seems they don't care about there name if there allowing this to happen at hotels that just use there name. If your traveling I suggest you stay far away from this hotel in Biloxi.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in Biloxi
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

oakmanorbiloxi, Manager at BEST WESTERN Oak Manor, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I would again like to apologize for your scary experience. We try to provide each guest with a safe comfortable experience. I have comped your room as you know and I know that this does not change what happened but I hoope it helps.
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked this room because the Beau Rivage and Hard Rock were sold out and the reviews seemed to give the feel of an "adequate" and cheaper alternative. I must admit that the reviews of smoke filled casinos also served as a deterrent considering that I have asthma, but to say the least this place is a mistake!!! Check in and check out was average to good. After check in, all hell broke loose!!!! My wife and I unpacked the car and upon entering the hotel the smell of urine filled the elevator and what seemed to be the bottom floor. We took the elevator to the second and the smell became less apparent until we reached our room. Before we unpacked anything, my wife and I began to immediately clean the room to rid of the room of the odor and clean the linen of any unsavory creatures. The location and the average customer service were definitely the only highlights of this place, but I think it goes without saying that I would not recommend this place and I would not stay here again!!! This place is in serious need of cleaning and remodeling.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Oak Manor? Share your experiences!