While I was staying at this hotel on april 6th 2013 with a few friends we had went out to the casinos for the night. We where there for a Bachelorette weekend for one of our friends. When we returned back to the hotel room we found a strange man passed out in our room in one of the beds face down. We called the front desk and no one answered so we went down to the front desk and then they sent a security guard who was a elderly gentleman up to hour room. He woke the man and asked him to leave and the man aruged with him. After fifteen minutes of arguing they finally came out into the hall where myself and my friends were waiting.
He then allowed the man back into our room to see if he had anything else in there that might be his. He even asked us if we knew who he was and if he anything of his in there? We told him we have no idea who he is that is why we called to have him removed from the room. He then had to figure out who he was and where his room was wich happened to be the room right next to ours.
We went back into our room and we checked our purses and bags to make sure nothing was missing. The front desk said they had no other rooms and didn't offer to change the sheets or anything. Basically they made it sound as if it was our fault he was in there. We asked to speak to the manager and the lady at the desk said she didn't want to call her and wake her up. Really? Then she said the manager was across the lake in New Orleans which is about 110 miles away with car problems at 4 am in the morning. Why is the manager in New Orleans?
With no help and rude service from the front desk we retired to our room after we were told she would be back in the morning. We could not sleep not knowing if someone else would be let in our room. The next morning the manager was still not there, she was at a confrence in New Orleans we were told. Hope she was not staying at a Best western.
They did nothing for us. Did not ask if anything was taken or missing. Where not worried about our safety at all. Did not ask if we ok. We where basically made to feel if it was somhow our fault. Upon check out they showed us that they only issued two room keys which we already knew. They just said again we must have left the door open when we didn't. I am 41 Years old a mother of two married and have a little more sense then leaving our door open while we go out. Especailly leaving purses Ipad and other valuebles in the room. More then likely someone let this guy in or room because he was so drunk they just wanted to get him in a room and thought it was the one he was staying in.
Also the doors on the outside of the building where is suppose to be secured after dusk and you need to use a room key to get in to the building, but all you have to do is pull on the door and you can rome thru the halls. The entry doors are not secure at all. You would think they would have comped the room or better yet the manager would have called me since she has all my information to make it right, but has not done that yet.
If I was you I would not stay at this Best Western or any other one do to the safety issues of someone possible getting into your room. After talking to there customer service at the Corperate Office they said there is nothing they can do because they just use the Best Western name and they don't actaully belong to Best Western. They did say I will get a 40 travel card that can only be used at a Best Western! Like I will ever stay there again.
So how do you know if your actually staying at Best Western? I recomend you stay far away from this hotel and any other Best Western because it seems they don't care about there name if there allowing this to happen at hotels that just use there name. If your traveling I suggest you stay far away from this hotel in Biloxi.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oak Manor Hotel Biloxi
- Best Western Plus Oak Manor Hotel
- Best Western Biloxi
- Biloxi Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Late nights of flirting with Lady Luck and afternoons of sun worshipping on warm beaches might not be the first thing you imagine when you hear "Biloxi hotel." However, that's just what guests get in this unbeatable location. Both casinos and beaches are in the neighborhood, so you never have to choose between testing your luck and working on your tan. Whether your passion is gambling, charter fishing, or both, you have it all at your fingertips when selecting this comfortable Biloxi hotel. When nearby casinos and beaches offer endless recreation and play, you'll never want to leave. Many guests at this Biloxi hotel are here for Cruisin' the Coast or the Peter Anderson Art Festival. Maybe you want to indulge your palate at the Seafood Festival, or you are in town to check out Smokin' the Sound. There are endless events happening near this Biloxi hotel that are fun for everyone in the family. This doesn't mean that sometimes a little business isn't required. Employees of URS, Ingalls Shipbuilding, and Jeld Wen are just a few of the guests that return year after year. Just because you're in town for business, doesn't mean you don't deserve plenty of pampering and down time to explore the area. Our Biloxi hotel is famous for the delicious, complimentary breakfast buffet that is dished up daily. Start your morning right with waffles. Satisfy your sweet tooth with flaky pastries and fresh fruits, hot and cold cereals complemented with yogurt are divine. Of course, no breakfast is complete without gourmet 100% Arabica coffee and chilled juices. The impeccable service and quality of our Biloxi hotel is what puts us ahead of the rest. Never overpay for luxury digs and a prime location. You've found your home away from home here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Oak Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.