“All right” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
Boston
“All right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I assume the price was much less than the Hard Rock and Beau Rivage casinos across the street but nothing special about this place. I personally didn't like the separation of front desk/lobby from the rest of the hotel. Breakfast room was crowded, I only got juice altho the waffles looked decent (freshly made). Not bad but nothing exciting which is the case for Biloxi in general if you don't gamble. Ocean Springs was more lively.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Picked this BW for its location close to Casinos and the beach. Our room was large, clean and quiet with all the amenities that we needed. The staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was very adequate. We used the swimming pool which was fine apart from our last day where a bunch of 20 year old girls were drinking alcohol in the pool shouting over their soundblaster playing loud weird music for all to hear. I think that this shouldn't be allowed in any pool area especially with young children around where people come to relax, the hotel should ban this. The price was reasonable for what you get. The area lacked the type of eating places we are comfortable with such as moderate priced family run establishments but you can always eat at the casinos for quite a bit extra. Good for the beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
NSW, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We were very happy with the location of the Best Western, right opposite Beau Rivage. Our room in the block across the back was spacious and had a small balcony - although only overlooking a laneway to the side.
The bed was very comfortable. Check in/out was polite and efficient, but as it is in another building, you don't see staff in between. The breakfast room, in our building, was perhaps too small, with no spare tables when we went down and people standing eating in the hallway. Next day we went at a less popular time, and it was fine. The pool looked nice, and was popular with the kids. Parking was free and easily accessible.
All in all we found this to be a very comfortable and convenient place to stay, at a much more reasonable price than the Casinos just across the road.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

For starters, I was traveling with my sister and a 5, 7, and two 9 yr old girls. Well I had an issue with someone (a man) trying to get into the room, luckily I had the security latch on, so he wasn't able to get in. When calling the front desk to explain what happened, the clerk said it was probably just maintenance. So I began to explain that no one knocked or announced that they were coming in. Well Sabrina (the clerk) said that they have had complaints before that employees have walked into rooms without knocking or announcing themselves. That didn't make me feel at ease. I asked Sabrina if she had children and she said, "She did and if that happened to her she would be packing her bags and leaving." Needless to say that's exactly what I did! Well the story I got a before checking out was that the man was a guest and went to the wrong door, and he told them my door was open. Tomfoolery!!! Not only was my door closed, but the security latch was on. Unfortunately my words fell on deaf ears when letting the staff know that I ABSOLUTELY had the door closed and the security latch on. The staff attempted to try to pacify me by saying that they have forgotten their door open with the latch on and blah blah blah. Tell it to someone who is crazy and deranged because I'm not that person. Maybe the clerk typed in my room number into his key, I don't know. But what I do know is that I closed and secured my door, I packed my things and went elsewhere, and that I will never go back to the Best Western Plus - Oak Manor!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Oak Manor enroute to an motorcycle conference in New Orleans. We rode in without reservations and the receptionist were very helpful in obtaining a great room. The hotel was the best accomodations of our trip.

The hotel appeared to be newly remodeled and everything from the rugs to bathrooms were spotless and modern. Our room had a refrig, microwave, coffee, and flat screen TV. The location was great (for my wife who loves slot machines) across from the Beau Rivage Hotel. The price was I am sure, was half of what they would charge, and all you had to do was cross the road.

The breakfast was great, especially the fact that an attendant was on site, and made the waffles for my wife. A great, and unexpected touch.

Our ground floor rooms patio door opened to a small patio, and the area our motorcycles were parked. This hotel will be a definate stop if ever we pass this way again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Wake Forest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Very glad we chose this hotel instead of a casino room in Biloxi. The location was great! Right across the street from the casinos but out of the crowds. Very nice rooms, nice staff, and very good breakfast. All in all a very pleasant stay!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We have been to Biloxi several times over the past 3 years. We've stayed at The Beau Rivage (my favorite), the IP, the Holiday Inn Express further down the road and just recently at the Best Western. The Best Western is by far the best in comfort and value. Casino hotels over the weekend where either sold out or $260+ to stay. We stayed at the Best Western for $150.

The corridors look/smell very clean. The room is large, the bed is comfortable and the air conditioner works really well. There were lots of pillows and a great television. The walk to the Beau for dinner was very easy and convenient. This hotel is by far a better place to stay than the IP (yuck) and is about the same price as the Holiday Inn and a better choice between those two also. No smell of smoke in our room/hall at all. The walls are a bit thin and hubby was awakened by the neighbors arrival at 5 AM, but I was not bothered.

Only downsides...the keycards didn't work the first time, after we lugged everything to the room to find out. And two people can't be in the bathroom at the same time, it's on the small side. Overall, if we can't get a good rate at Hard Rock or Beau, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Oak Manor? Share your experiences!