“Rockin' place, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
777 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Abbeville, AL
“Rockin' place, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

This was a nice place and entertaining for the kids. The kids loved the guitar handles on the hotel doror, the pool (stays open until 10pm unlike some other hotels in the area), the music, the Cafe, the big screen tv in our room and the cool decor - everywhere.

Easy 1 1/2 hour or so drive to down town New Oleans, great location and very short drive to Biloxi beaches. There is a really fun museum on 90 for young kids called Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Lots to see and do inside and outside. But first stop at Beauvoir - Jefferson Davis's home. Also located on 90 before the Discovery Center.

As far as the hotel: I would prefer not to hear very loud music played until after 12 pm at night. The tempo kept me awake. We were on the 3rd floor. The Hard Rock Cafe has very good food and is expensive. The breakfast prices for room service are outrageous. Go to the Waffle House near it to save money. I was told the Casino was awesome but I had young kids with me, so I wouldn't know. There is a Ben & Jerrys and a Starbucks inside the hotel.

You can ask for a small fridge and microwave to be sent to your room, complimentary. Ask at check in. The kids loved poping popcorn and watching a movie on the big screen tv in our room. The pool is awesome and has 2 hot tubs, 1 small and another larger. A floating bar area is in the pool but late at night we didn't see it open. Did I say the pool is built like a lagoon, very kid friendly but does go to 5 1/2 ft deep in some areas. There are large clean bathrooms near the pool and a spray/shower off area in the open near the pool. Plenty of lawn chairs with a nice breeze at night from the water. There are also some large, fun swings near the pool.

Nice marble counter top in bathroom. Cool shower - all clear shower door, double shower heads. Toilet and shower are seperate with a sliding door. No privacy in bathroom, over looks bedroom area and is only seperate by two large mirrors. A tiny coffee pot is provided.

Lots of self parking available or valet parking. Both areas are near a fishing boat dock area.

Great amenities, very friendly, helpful staff. A little over priced on week ends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Stedman,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

Room was great. Bed and linens were the best. Wanted to take home with me. Down mattress top. Flat screen tv. Shower with 3 shower heads. Rates were reasonable. Casino was clean and not crowded so easy to get to a machine or a table. Took advantage of the Spa and it was very relaxing.

Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Traveled to Biloxi by boat on long voyage and stayed in adjacent marina. We called the hotel earlier and requested to pay for spa and health club services. We were told all was fine for a $10 fee. After seven hours travel, we walked into the Hard Rock and entered the Spa area where we were rudely dismissed by the manager who said we were not allowed to enter. We checked with the front desk manager who assured us that we could go to the Spa for a $20 fee. Once again, the Spa manager said no! Now, we ate at their restaurant, gambled in their casino and planned our stop at a marina in Biloxi based on an end of day workout to relax. Stay away from this place as they obviously don't need anyone's business in this bad economy and if you try to give them business, you would think you are doing them a favor. I suggest that they get their act together and Beau Rivage is next door for those wanting a friendlier reception.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hard Rock Hotel/Casino in Biloxi. We were 10 guys, there for a bachelor party, so we chose it over the Beau Rivage (which some of us have stayed at before) due to what we imagined would be a much more 'happening scene'.

Overall we had a decent stay. We paid about $300 a night for each room - in my opinion, that is very expensive for the location and the room type (standard). Our view was of a concrete wall - we were told at check in that 'all internet-booked rooms get that view'. Never mind the underhanded insult, for $300 one would expect some sunlight in the room! Check in was not good - the two check in attendants could not have been less interested. Took forever, didn't smile, and just overall not a good first impression.

Here is the rest of the recap:
- Rooms: the room was very nice, well appointed (flat screen TV, comfortable bed, great bathroom), but again, for $300, it could have been a bit nicer. I willl say the shower (with 3 heads) was incredible.
- Pool: The pool was nice, although a bit small for the crowds that gather. By lunchtime all the chairs were gone and people were sitting on the ground.
- Casino: a decent size, good vibe, somewhat friendly staff.
- Buffet: just average. Not worth paying full price (for breakfast that was $12 a person), but still a good option to fill up.
- Vibe Restaurant: very disappointing. We chose this over Ruth's Chris (also in the hotel) thinking, with a name like Vibe it was to be pretty chic. It was an odd mix - average food, expensive, and a piano player (who plays only on Friday and Saturday nights) playing old show tunes! The service was decent at least.

Overall we had an average weekend. Next time I go back I would probably choose the Beau Rivage over this one. It is classier, the service is much better, and most importantly I think the value for money is better.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

I just stayed here a few days ago and had a great time. I only stayed for one night......I wanted to stay two, but the room rates were insane for a Friday night. I stayed Thursday night for $99.00 then for Friday night the rates jumped to $300.00!?! That would be my only complaint about this place. Otherwise, the place is beautiful. I stayed at the Beau Rivage a few years back and enjoyed it, but I think the Hard Rock is a little better because it looks more modern. It has a little more personality. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is super friendly, and the drinks the best. The bar was the best casino bar I have ever been to....the decor was super cool. The pool was a little small but nice. I had a great view from my room....ahhhh, the room. Very modern and big. Comfy beds and a HUGE TV!

Will I return.....YES.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stayed at the hard rock in may 2009. We were able to checked in much earlier than we were supposed to and the staff were all very considerate. The rooms were spacious with very soft beds, a flat screen tv and a large bathroom. Everything was also very clean. The pool area was nice with servers offering food and drinks. My only complaint was the casino area itself which I found lacking in atmosphere. Granted there was memoribilia everywhere but it still felt somewhat empty and dead even at its busiest hours and there was very little shopping. Also the casino floor was much smaller than I had expected. The Beau Rivage next door had a noticibley better atmosphere and a better casino area. The price for our room was similiar to those at the IP and Isle of Capri and if we ever go back, I'de be more inclined to try those than come back to the hard rock. If you can afford it, the Beau Rivage is a better bet.

Also the food at both the hotels is very expensive. If you're just looking for a burger or a sandwich the best western across the street has a bar with decent food.

UESyorkie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed in a comped room for two nights for a family event, so I can't comment on the bang-for-your buck on the room rate, but it was fantastic! On the 12th floor overlooking the pool, my stylish, contemporary room was a little on the small side, missing a real sitting area, but it had a bar / desk area with seats a couple of feet from the foot of two super-comfy queen-sized beds and below a 40+ inch flat panel TV. Other amenities included free wi-fi internet, a Bose radio, Aveda toiletries, and a wonderful glass-enclosed shower with three shower heads (one of which was a rain-shower type) and a bench to sit on. A soaking tub would've been nice, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Despite a warning from the front desk that there may be some noise from the nightclub on the same floor, our sleep was not disturbed at the least.

As for the general food and service pricing, I thought it was ridiculously high for Mississippi, but in-line or even cheaper than other similar resort-type properties I've stayed at around the world, so I had no complaints. There were a nice selection of restaurants, a Starbucks, a Ben & Jerry's, a Hard Rock souvenir boutique, and (fortunately for me) a clothing boutique, where I was able to pick up a cute suit for the pool.

The pool was fun, with great music to rock out to while laying out and working on your tan and waiter service. I didn't expect to see as many kids as I had imagined a more adult scene, more like the Hard Rock in Vegas, but maybe there were more families because it was Easter weekend... in any case, the hotel was far from overrun with kids and it's not very kid-friendly (no video game room, for example).

The "Aveda" spa was good, but somewhat small... I had to settle for a 30 minute massage rather than a full hour because no slots were available and the nail salon had a very limited selection of colors and only two pedicure stations.

My only gripe was that I had requested our room be refreshed when we left for dinner one night (because we had people in the room in and out all day so housekeeping never got the chance to do their thing), and it was untouched by the time we returned after midnight.

Overall, I loved the Hard Rock Biloxi and would stay there again in a minute... even without a comped room :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!