“Makes you almost forget you're in Mississippi :)” 5 of 5 stars

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
777 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
UESyorkie
“Makes you almost forget you're in Mississippi :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed in a comped room for two nights for a family event, so I can't comment on the bang-for-your buck on the room rate, but it was fantastic! On the 12th floor overlooking the pool, my stylish, contemporary room was a little on the small side, missing a real sitting area, but it had a bar / desk area with seats a couple of feet from the foot of two super-comfy queen-sized beds and below a 40+ inch flat panel TV. Other amenities included free wi-fi internet, a Bose radio, Aveda toiletries, and a wonderful glass-enclosed shower with three shower heads (one of which was a rain-shower type) and a bench to sit on. A soaking tub would've been nice, but it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Despite a warning from the front desk that there may be some noise from the nightclub on the same floor, our sleep was not disturbed at the least.

As for the general food and service pricing, I thought it was ridiculously high for Mississippi, but in-line or even cheaper than other similar resort-type properties I've stayed at around the world, so I had no complaints. There were a nice selection of restaurants, a Starbucks, a Ben & Jerry's, a Hard Rock souvenir boutique, and (fortunately for me) a clothing boutique, where I was able to pick up a cute suit for the pool.

The pool was fun, with great music to rock out to while laying out and working on your tan and waiter service. I didn't expect to see as many kids as I had imagined a more adult scene, more like the Hard Rock in Vegas, but maybe there were more families because it was Easter weekend... in any case, the hotel was far from overrun with kids and it's not very kid-friendly (no video game room, for example).

The "Aveda" spa was good, but somewhat small... I had to settle for a 30 minute massage rather than a full hour because no slots were available and the nail salon had a very limited selection of colors and only two pedicure stations.

My only gripe was that I had requested our room be refreshed when we left for dinner one night (because we had people in the room in and out all day so housekeeping never got the chance to do their thing), and it was untouched by the time we returned after midnight.

Overall, I loved the Hard Rock Biloxi and would stay there again in a minute... even without a comped room :)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
new orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

We really had a great time! There is no other hotel in Biloxi where we could have such a good time. Rooms were clean and modern, huge TV (even though we didnt use it at all) there is a club on the 12th floor which was amazing, good food, the casino was small compared to IP or Rivage but we didnt really stay at hard rock for the casino so it was ok. We cut loose with all our friends and had a heck of a time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
new orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

We love to escape to this hotel primarily because of the short drive and contemporary rooms. The shower itself is enough to go back with multi shower heads. BUT their customer service is consistently bad. From the valet ignoring us, to the time consuming check in, puddles in elevator with just a wet sign over it, rude attendants by the pool, uninformed cafe staff, etc. Otherwise, the restaurant Vibe located in the casino area exceeded my expectations. Coming from a "food city" like New Orleans, we were very impressed with the atmosphere, service and great tasting food.

Southeast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

The hard rock casino in biloxi is a dump especially if you have kids. DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS HERE!!!!!!!! I have 2 teenagers and they were offended by the staff a lot for doing absolutely nothing. Everything in the hard rock casino is disgusting and very very overpriced. Do yourself a favor and spend a little extra money to stay at the beau rivage which is next door. THE HARD ROCK HOTEL IN BOLOXI IS NOT KID FRIENDLY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Wonderful Hotel! Nice, Clean, Cozy! The beds are so soft it is like sleeping on a cloud. Anything you need at the touch of a button. Food was excellent! We had such a good time here I can't wait to go back. On one of our trips I took my sisters children and we went eat breakfast at the buffet. A lady in the bakery saw the children and made them two stuffed cookies with a smiley face. They were so excited! It is great customer service skills and the positive experience that we keep me going back to the Hard Rock. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

This hotel is very, very nice. Clean, (I am the pickest EVER)modern rooms with good wireless, great threeheaded shower (no tub), plasma TV. Good size. Buffet is decent. Gambling is good. The price on weekends has bordered on insanity, but it is a good overall hotel.

Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

I have never been so comfortable in a hotel bed....I want their bed! The view from the corner, 9th floor suite, looking out on the gulf or the pool was great. Laying in a comfy bed watching the sunset was wonderful. The casino took our money pretty quick, so to bed we shall go....:) to watch sunsets. We played everyday losing 100.00 each for 4 days...800.00 total .The only comp that we got was 1 for my boyfriends b'day, at the buffet. I asked, "What do you have to play to get a comp here"? It was really never answered. Loved the music and the service was really good...just NO comps! Did the couples spa and it was a treat, also.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!