“Family trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Barrington
“Family trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Wish that we had stayed longer!!!! Great accommodations, food, casino, pool. Will be back! The only hotel, of the four that we stayed in on this trip, that honored our request for connecting rooms. Also, best pool, restaurants and rooms of the four hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for the AWESOME review! Nothing amps us up more than reading reviews like this. We salute you for taking time to be kind and we cannot wait till you next stay with us! ROCK ON!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
jackson MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I stay @ the Hard Rock Biloxi 2 to 4 times a year when in the Mississippi Gulf Coast for business. It has always been a pleasant experience. Beyond the cool architectural highlights & interior design, I've always found the service well above average. So...stayed at H.R. again on Aug. 16th & 17th (took in Delbert McClinton concert which was ROCKING). First, they were understaffed on bellman service, we had to wait about 40 minutes for our luggage to arrive. Second, I ordered a refrigerator for the room, which NEVER arrived in spite of my repeated calls ( but I was billed for it). Third, was charged $10.00 to use a limited gym for a workout. Ordered room service, which arrived promptly, the food was good & hot; only problem is that it wasn't what we ordered but we decided to eat it anyway 'cause we had limited time before the concert started. Finally, the room we had (#519) pool & Gulf view, was in need of some repair and upgrade. TV reception was horrid (suspect a shortage in connection), wear & tear on bed frame and lamp sconces evident and only one chair. I'll probably continue to stay at this property, but was disappointed this time. Management needs to get their head in the game.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We booked one night stay on Aug 16th.
We pulled in the valet parking no one approach us for help. We unload some items and the kids were fully loaded with backpacks and luggage. No one offer help or cart to our room. The main entrance was confusing. There's no sign on which direction to the register counter. There's a sign to the elevator as we entered so we took it and it dropped us at the parking lot! We went back down and went the other direction up the escalator to find the register desks and evelavator to the rooms.
The room is very nice! Two queen beds no view. The room is very clean and modern. The beds are very comfortable and shower with 3 shower heads. The sliding glass door was not as private. The this a wall mounted flat screen and complimentary wi-fi.
The pool is very nice. There's bar at the pool. Palm trees surrounded the pools and nice view of the bay. There are floating round beds but those are for rent, disappointing.
There was not much for the kids to do inside the hotel as it is tailor for the adults and casino. The hallway and common areas are really smoky smell. Our room is non-smoking and there's a slight smell of smoke.
We booked on a Thursday night but would not pay double-triple the price on weekend rate.

Room Tip: our room window look out to a wall. Cheaper price!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review. As much as we love to hear and read about all the awesome thing we are doing right, we also appreciate and need to know where we can get better. I thank you for taking time to be kind and for you candor. I look forward to your next visit and know we will meet and exceed your expectation. ROCK ON!
Panama City Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Went for an over night trip with the wife. The hotel and casino are very nice but being a huge fan of Hard Rock I was somewhat underwhelmed.

The pool is pretty much a club offering outsiders access to the club like atmosphere. Loud music by a DJ with a pool filled with 20 somethings. Don't get me wrong, it made great people watching but don't planning on relaxing, finding a chair after noon, and just not the place for younger kids (footballs flying hit a baby). We did enjoy it but be warned.

The hotel rooms are very nice but the bath is set up very poorly. There's no light in the shower and the curtains are brown which makes it darker. The toilet paper roll is under the ledge of the shower so it gets soaked by splashing water. Beds are comfy. The standard views are nice if you can look past the rusting AC units on the roof.

I'm not a huge gambler but the casino had a good selection and was set up and decorated nicely. No sure why they put the market/buffet in the back corner. Guess to get you to gamble on the way.

Ate at Ruths Chris which was the best damn steak I have ever had. Need to make it a point to go to one locally more often.

Overall had a great time and would recommend the HR Casino for the younger crowd. Just a little disappointed in the brand.

Room Tip: North and East facing rooms have a nice view for a bit cheaper
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Please, let me start off by apologizing for falling shot of your expectations. One of the most important things I do every day is listening to our guest. I do this in many different ways, tripadvisor being one avenue. I thank you for your time and candor in bring your visit to my attention. I also want to thank you for all the awesomely kind remarks as well. I will be personally looking into these issue and they will be addressed accordingly. Again, thank you for your time.
Covington, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Can't say enough great things about this casino and hotel! The staff are very helpful and friendly. Every restaurant very very good, great entertainment and casino packages weekends. I love the rooms bed very comfortable, great air condishing, love the 3 headed showers and double sinks also you do not hear any hall or outside noise, when I visit the coast I only stay at the Hard Rock also love the fact that it is pet friendly.

Room Tip: All good and clean
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the Excellent review! Nothing ignites our passion to serve more than receiving reviews like yours. We salute you for taking time to be kind and absolutely cannot wait till your next visit. ROCK ON!
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed a week at the HR, from 8/5 to 8/10 and it was a very clean and modern hotel. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The rooms were clean, the showers were excellent and everything about the Hotel was great. We ate at the 24/7 grille for breakfast every day except one, where we ate at the buffet. The 24/7 grille had the best coffee in Biloxi, and the food and service was excellent. The buffet, however, was horrible. The food tasted terrible, don't eat there. We tried it for lunch because we had a free buffet from the players club card and it was really bad. Then we decided to try it once more for breakfast, and it was worse, somehow. Don't eat there, eat at the 24/7 grille.

The slots were very loose and comparable to most of what is in Biloxi. I like the general layout and feel of the casino and even though there is smoking there, the very high ceilings make it completely un-noticeable.

My only real knock on it, besides the horrible food at the buffet, is the slot host service. This was my first time in Biloxi, and I plaid full rate for my room the entire week, every night. After gambling a good amount on slots (many dollars and five dollar machines) and my wife as well, and both us very savvy in using our players club, I was denied any free night whatsoever upon checkout. Not sure what their threshhold is, if any, but we gambled thousands through there. I have stayed in Atlantic City, Vegas and other gambling destinations, and I have never even had less then 2 out of 5 nights comped upon checkout. To top it off, you can't even speak to a host in person. I had to go to the check out desk, and they call the slot host, then deny you. So, they deny it and won't even do it face to face. It all felt very coporate and you got the feeling that they couldn't care less if you ever came back to their casino.

So, while I give this hotel and casino 5 stars, be weary if you expect any kind of personalized service or comped rooms, you are not getting them here. I don't even know the slot host's name!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review! First please except my sincerest apology. I want to thank you for your candor in bring this to my attention. I will personally see that your comments reach the VP of Food & Beverage as well as our Sr. VP of Casino Operations. You should never have the feeling we don’t care. Again, thank you for the overall great review and all the great compliments.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We love staying at the Hard Rock - there's always super clean, tasteful rooms, friendly staff and a wonderful pool area. It's great for a quick getaway or an extended stay. The rates are great, especially if you sign up for the rewards program they have in the casino.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a view, it's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!