“Great Hotel, lacking in host service” 5 of 5 stars

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
777 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“Great Hotel, lacking in host service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed a week at the HR, from 8/5 to 8/10 and it was a very clean and modern hotel. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The rooms were clean, the showers were excellent and everything about the Hotel was great. We ate at the 24/7 grille for breakfast every day except one, where we ate at the buffet. The 24/7 grille had the best coffee in Biloxi, and the food and service was excellent. The buffet, however, was horrible. The food tasted terrible, don't eat there. We tried it for lunch because we had a free buffet from the players club card and it was really bad. Then we decided to try it once more for breakfast, and it was worse, somehow. Don't eat there, eat at the 24/7 grille.

The slots were very loose and comparable to most of what is in Biloxi. I like the general layout and feel of the casino and even though there is smoking there, the very high ceilings make it completely un-noticeable.

My only real knock on it, besides the horrible food at the buffet, is the slot host service. This was my first time in Biloxi, and I plaid full rate for my room the entire week, every night. After gambling a good amount on slots (many dollars and five dollar machines) and my wife as well, and both us very savvy in using our players club, I was denied any free night whatsoever upon checkout. Not sure what their threshhold is, if any, but we gambled thousands through there. I have stayed in Atlantic City, Vegas and other gambling destinations, and I have never even had less then 2 out of 5 nights comped upon checkout. To top it off, you can't even speak to a host in person. I had to go to the check out desk, and they call the slot host, then deny you. So, they deny it and won't even do it face to face. It all felt very coporate and you got the feeling that they couldn't care less if you ever came back to their casino.

So, while I give this hotel and casino 5 stars, be weary if you expect any kind of personalized service or comped rooms, you are not getting them here. I don't even know the slot host's name!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for the great review! First please except my sincerest apology. I want to thank you for your candor in bring this to my attention. I will personally see that your comments reach the VP of Food & Beverage as well as our Sr. VP of Casino Operations. You should never have the feeling we don’t care. Again, thank you for the overall great review and all the great compliments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We love staying at the Hard Rock - there's always super clean, tasteful rooms, friendly staff and a wonderful pool area. It's great for a quick getaway or an extended stay. The rates are great, especially if you sign up for the rewards program they have in the casino.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a view, it's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We didn't stay at the Hard Rock. However, we did go there to gamble. We really liked the games and the points multiplied very fast. Being at the Hard Rock , we ate there too. Oh my goodness, the food was very, very good. We ate at the buffet which has a very large selection of extremely fresh and inviting dishes. The crab legs were sweet and tasted as though they had just been unloaded from a boat...ditto the boiled shrimp. The Oriental station was very good, In fact, I cannot fault the food or the the ingredients that made up the dishes. Their cooks are very professional. The waitresses and waiters were attentive. We ate there for breakfast, again for lunch , and on another day we did an early bird special for dinner. The prices were very good . Both the prices and the food was much better than the casino where we were staying. The food is constantly freshened and nicely presented. If you want a more upscale eating experience there is a Ruth's Chris Steak House. Also a 24/7 cafe for those that want an enormous hamburgers , a snack or breakfast at 3AM... A great experience.

Room Tip: Just there to gamble and eat. Slept elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time at hard rock biloxi would recomend this Casino/ hotel to everyone. The hotel is very nice and is staffed with wonderful employees. I have a great time every chance i get to go there. Be shure to join the players club, hard rock has the best comps Of all the casinos.

• Stayed July 2012
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thanks for the “Outstanding review” We love hearing and knowing that you “have a great time” here with us. We absolutely cannot wait till your next stay with us, ROCK ON!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My experience overall at this hotel was amazing. From the rooms, staff, valet, pool, and bar everything was perfect. I would highly recommend it for a leisurely stay or business of any sort. Both Thumbs Up!

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Biloxi, MS and everytime my experience was exce...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
And the judges score it… 2 Thumbs up! I love it! Thank you so much for his awesome review. One of the most important things I do daily; is read what our guests are feeling and saying about their time with us and your review is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your recommendation and taking time to be kind. ROCK ON!
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We check in late Friday about 10pm, at first they cancelled our reservation because we check in late even though I called to advise them...anyway... the girl at the front counter, Sabrina, I think was very helpful and understanding.. no problems with check in. My stay was great, you really don't have to leave off the hotel grounds everything is their. We didn't do the buffet this time, but we enjoyed the Hard Rock Cafe nice staff... The Legend club was nice to on the 2nd floor. Room was clean and pleasent, will stay again.. MOF at the end of the month. Just be careful with the mini bar in the room, very sensitive it will automatically charge you even if you move the drinks around. But the front desk credited my account back at my check out. Try the pool...

Room Tip: We didnt have front beach view, but had nice side view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the overall great review. We look forward to your next visit and I know it will be just as enjoyable as this one was. ROCK ON!
Brandon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel has the most awesome employees of anywhere!!! The rooms are amazing and the beds are the most comfortable of anywhere we have stayed. The Gulf of Mexico view is one of the most beautiful you could imagine. These rooms have all of the most up to date amenities you could possibly need.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf view on a non smoking floor. Also , the higher up in floors that you stay, the quiete...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the amazing review! Nothing amps us up more than reading the lyrics to the next #1 hit on the Billboard Charts and you my friend are a ROCKSTAR Poet! Thank you for taking time to be kind, ROCK ON!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!