“A joke stay at the Beau Rivage” 1 of 5 stars

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
777 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS 39530   |
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
San Antonio, Texas
“A joke stay at the Beau Rivage”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were dissappointed in the hotel and service. Not up to the level of the other Hard Rock Hotels, must be poor management. Pay extra for a room a with a view, view is of the parking garage and neon sign, Not my or other people idea of a view, but manager insisted it was a room with a view, but was quick to give me $20 off, but couldn't move me to a better room because he stated we checked in late and that was all that was left. Strange they charged my credit card at 7pm, and when we arrived after 9 pm, if they already charged my credit card you think they would have blocked a room.

Resturant was dirty and but was the only place still open to eat,the two managers were more worried about to go orders that taking care of customers in diner, maybe they need the tips.

They never told me they had charged my CC card when I checked in and I forgot which cc card I made the reservation with so I gave them another cc card at checkin and paid with my debit card at check out. Some how they managed to charge all three cc cards.

They assured me three times the credit had been issued and yet 10 days later and not one credit has show up.

The managers of the hotel are not helpful and are dismissive.

I have stayed several times at the Beau Rivage a better experience all around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Elburn, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We arrived on a Sunday night after a 550 mile day on the road and were impressed by both of our room's size and amenities. What was described as a rooms with a views were really views of the Beau Rivage but that did not matter a great deal. Just describe the room appropriately. We were famished and headed down to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. I found a piece of black plastic in my salad after biting down on it. Our waiter brought the manager out immediately who apologized and took the salad off of our bill but as anyone who has found foreign objects in their food can attest, my appetite was wrecked. Later that night after showering, I went to put on a robe which was hanging in the bathroom and found it stained with large patches of urine. I waited until first thing in the morning and called the front desk to speak to the manager, Ian. He stated that he would send housekeeping but did not apologize. After about an hour and a half and no sign of housekeeping, I went to the front desk and spoke with Ian directly who again stated that he would send housekeeping, but again no apology. We went on to have problems at the pool which was not monitored as children were allowed to swing wildly on hanging beds, diapered babies were in hot tubs, cabana mats were filthy and the pool bars were inexplicably closed at random times meaning a walk to the casino to get a drink (the Hard Rock Cafe on attached patio could not sell alcohol to the pool patrons). This could be such an amazing place. I have to been to other Hard Rock properties in Las Vegas and Chicago and had great stays. Disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure that your
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Thank you for your candor in brining this to our attention. We’re committed to providing ROCK SOLID guest service, so while I was glad to see that you enjoyed the room and amenities, I’m concerned about your somewhat mixed bag of experiences in other areas. From reading your comments, we were really hit and miss during your stay.

We constantly strive to make sure that each and every guest has a memorable experience while they are here, one they will share with their family and friends. I have shared your commentary with the appropriate department heads for review of staffing levels, training and empowerment. Your detailed responses will allow us to address some of these issues more directly that we are normally able to.
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family and I just stayed here one night. We enjoyed or stay and would have spent the rest of the week here if their had been a frig. and micro. The door to the bathroom is similar to a sliding glass door to a shower, frosted and see through. Being that my son or whom ever could glance over and see a nude blurry image of me when I striped for a shower :) The whirlpool tub stands a bit hight and could be a issue for someone with joint issues? All in all we really enjoyed our night here and would highly consider staying in a Hard Rock again on our travels. Also I traveled with my 11yr old and 6yr old, their where lots of kids their and that's pretty much what was in the pool when we where their. If you go their in the same month has your birthday (we stayed their on my b-day). Be sure to get a comp. card, 'cause you can receive a free meal at their buffet. Also if you eat before 6pm it's $5 off for your other party members. My daughter 6yrs old ate for free.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for the ROCK’n review! Our rooms are one of a kind, and like most rock stars have their own flavor. We can’t wait till you next visit and know it will be just as enjoyable as this one. ROCK ON!
MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I normally stay next door at the Beau Rivage when we visit family in Biloxi. We decided to make the trip at the last minute, and wtih the Beau booked, we decided to stay at the Hard Rock. We spent a couple of days there and really enjoyed the entertainment that the hotel has to offer.
Valet parking is available, but we chose self-parking and experienced no issues. The staff at the front desk was very friendly during check-in. We had an ocean front room on the 10th floor, and we enjoyed seeing the sailboats on the water as well as the USAF planes coming into Keesler AFB. The walk-in shower was super (once I figured out how to adjust the 3 shower heads)! The pool was great, and the pool staff was helpful. We dined at the Hard Rock Cafe twice, and I can't say enough about the servers. They were very nice and friendly! For fine dining, there is a Ruth's Chris in the hotel, but you must go across the street to Mary Mahoney's!!!!
The MS Coast is still rebuilding from Hurricane Katrina. Your visit will help the local economy!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the AWESOME review! Receiving these types of compliments amps up our love all, serve all passion. I must say that you missed out on our rock’n valet service, they are second to none. We absolutely cannot wait till your next visit and know it will be just as memorable as this one was. ROCK ON!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock Biloxi 2 weeks ago for a weekend getaway. We were extrememly impressed with the service in the casino, though the hotel desk clerks & housekeeping staff were less impressive.

Our room (a King Bed, Non-Smoking, No-View room) was spacious and well appointed (and actually still had a view). The bed was very comfortable and the three-head shower was quite a pleasant surprise when you're used to crappy hotel showers! We used the beautiful pool, but didn't bother with a cabana. The swim-up/walk-up pool bar was the perfect touch & made relaxing in the sun so much more fun. The poolside waitresses were also friendly & provided reasonably quick service. We dined at Vibe on our first night & enjoyed our meal, though it was a little pricier than we expected. Breakfast was fantastic at the 24/7 grill! We chose Ruth's Chris Steak House for our second night's meal & were not disappointed, as usual.

The only blip in our otherwise fantastic stay occurred on our second day/evening in our hotel room... After exiting the shower from a day at the pool, housekeeping knocked on the door, insisting that they needed to enter the room to inventory the mini-bar! Our room had already been serviced for the day, but I ducked back into the bathroom while my husband waited for the counting to occur. Not sure what that was all about, but at check-out, we had mini-bar charges on our bill, even though the housekeeping staff member was the only people to touch the thing! The charges were removed after yet another inventory prior to our check-out & all was well.

If we return to Biloxi, we would definitely book a room at the Hard Rock again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review. We appreciate all the kind remarks. I am personally looking into the event that happened on the second day of your stay. Please except my sincerest apology. Again thanks for the overall great review.
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

For a one night stay with my 85 year father who uses a walker, I called the hotel directly to make this reservation. The agent assured me there was a handicapped room with a shower available for the one night we wanted (Sat., July 23, 2011). I got her to email me this confirmation.

I was told check-in time was 4:00 PM. I was standing at the check-in desk at 4:10 PM on the day of our stay and the clerk glibly said "oh we are sold out of handicapped rooms with a shower - we only have them with a bathub." My father cannot lift his leg high enough to step over a tub. This same hotel had done the same thing to him with a reservation last year, so I was not pleased. The clerk was clueless about customer service. She seemed frozen to a script that she must have been taught. This was unacceptable. Why bother to make a reservation? I asked.

A manager finally came over and offered a regular room with a shower. She said they would send someone up to screw on a "booster seat" so the toilet would not be low. However, there would be no grip bars in the bathroom area or shower. She reduced the already overpriced rate of the room by about $60, and I thanked her for that, but it was still not what we wanted or requested. The attitude of the people behind the desk seemed to be peeved that I was so upset and I should just get over it.

When we got to the room, there was a fingernail clipping on my bedspread in plain view. I called the front desk and asked for new bedding while we were out for dinner, etc. I assume they changed the sheets. There was no note or confirmation that they did so.

At 4:18 AM on Sunday morning, an announcement came over the loudspeaker system in the hotel that there was a security incident and we all needed to evacuate by the stairwells. A waking nightmare with an 85 year old on the 8th floor. I got my father's socks and shoes on and reassured him we we just take it slow down the steps. Luckily, as we approached the stairwell, another announcement said the situation had been corrected and cancelled the evacuation order.

No one at the hotel ever told us what that was all about. A guest in the elevator said he heard that the hotel casino was being "heisted" ( a bomb threat? guns?). He said this had happened to him at this hotel before and a SWAT team had been called out.

When I checked out, the clerk on duty made no mention of it and offered no apology for the 4 in the morning sleep interruption. She did not ask how I enjoyed my stay or if everything was okay. She only asked if I wanted to keep the charges on my credit card and if I wanted a copy of the bill. Again - no concept of customer service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your candor in bringing this to our attention, as it allows us the opportunity to address the issues that have affected your stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced. Please allow me to make clear a few items you have listed in your review.

We do our absolute best to accommodate all guest room requests; however there are times when these request simply cannot be filled and that is the reason we refer to them as request and not guarantees.

Our check-in time does begin at 4pm. I am glad that the manager was able to make some adjustments and accommodate several of your needs and in fact provide a significant discount to you for your inconvenience.

We did in fact have a fire alarm sound at approximately 4:15am in which the fire alarm system did it job. We have one of the most up to date sophisticated safety systems on the market and we go through rigorous testing with this system to ensure that in the event the hotel needs to evacuate the system does its job. We normally do not make apologizes or explain when the system does its job. I assure you, we had no type of (Oceans 11) heist occur nor has one ever occurred here at the Hard Rock Biloxi.

Again thank you for time in bring this to our attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I really enjoyed the room and the service was great. the only down fall was the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thanks for the great review. It sounds like maybe you didn’t have the opportunity to take advantage of all we have to offer. Here at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Biloxi we are a full service AAA 4 Diamond hotel resort. We have the absolute best hotel pool in the southeastern USA, Ruth’s Chris Steak house, Hard Rock Café, Rock Spa, Starbucks, Ben & Jerry’s, complimentary valet, the most comfortably numb beds on the MS Gulf Coast, phenomenal service and so much more. Again thanks for the great review. ROCK ON!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi? Share your experiences!