“OMG THey topped themselves!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs to your Saves list
Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14203 Cook Road, Biloxi, MS 39532 (Formerly Motel 6 Biloxi)   |
Ranked #25 of 44 hotels in Biloxi
McComb, Mississippi, United States
“OMG THey topped themselves!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this facility July 13, 2013 and it was an awesome trip!! They made me feel extra special. I called that day made a reservation. but didn't get there in time. So it was understandable that they sold the room. But then when I got there they felt bad about doing so, upgraded my room, and made me feel so special as a guest. THEY ARE AWESOME AS ALWAYS!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Mr. Thomas, thanks for your kind words. We are glad to have you coming back to Motel 6. See you back soon.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was going to stay at another motel across the street. But I like the security of the doors being on the inside. I drove across the street and walked in to be greeted by Indra, a very sweet and polite young lady. I asked for the price for the length of stay when I mentioned the price across the street not only did she match it but reduced the price a little more. I knew that this was where I was going to stay. The one major point is that they are pet friendly. Motel 6 knows that pets are part of the family and that guests will travel with their pets. I also met \one of the housekeeping staff and they were very helpful and just as polite when I have an extended stay they do not have to clean everyday, I requested trash and towels and was more then happy with the service. I went to the front desk to extend and pay for my stay, there I met Antoinette and the property manager. I enjoyed meeting them, and expressed my gratitude to them. I would recommend to anyone to stay here. I found no odd or bad smell, the room was very clean, and I was on the first floor. I did not even notice that there was no clock, coffee maker, hairdryer, you have an alarm on your cell phone, coffee is in the lobby, and as for a hairdryer that you carry with you. I have stayed in some really bad hotels but I have truly enjoyed this one. As I said earlier I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I am a very very very happy guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We really love to read reviews that compliment our team members! Thank you for your kind words for Indra, Anoinette & Manager, we will surely let them know. Currently all the rooms are under deep cleaning, painting and carpet steam cleaning.
See you next time and much appreciation for taking time to write a review.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our room was on the 3rd floor; the hall smells strongly of mold. Our room was clean but the carpet was just gross. When I looked on the floor next to the bed there was.... A USED CONDOM.... OMG was the maid freaking blind? I called the front desk and told them I had no intention of touching it and she did come up with gloves on and took it away. I asked her for some Frebreeze and she said she didn't have any. Old TV only worked on a few channels. Room smelled very musty and unclean. AC barely blew out air and room stayed very hot. And....where oh where was the clock, coffee pot, iron, shampoo, conditioner???? Advice: there are a TON of motels in the area; spend more and go to the Ramada.

Room Tip: Tip: go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience during the stay. Our carpets were just steam cleaned within the last month, and A/Cs are all less than 3 years. Typically, the commercial A/C will last about 10 years, so we will have maintenance do a diagnostic on units as to why it didn't blow cold air.
Regarding the housekeeping, we do apologize and glad that the staff was able to resolve this quickly. Many patrons expect amenities like microfridge, coffeemakers, shampoo, conditioner and alarm clock, but this is not part of the Motel 6 prototype for the franchise. We are actually not permitted to stock these items in the room to maintain consistency across the brand.
Corryton, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

we had prebooked two rooms for our stay. one room for first night and two rooms for the second night.. hotel was very wore out looking.and really hot (rooms werent) . the clerk was running around spraying the carpet in the halls with something (deoderizer maybe?) we get to our room theres no coffee maker or even alarm clock.you could see a stain on the carpet where the refrigerator use to be. on sat when we went to check in the second room for our daughter. the room wasnt ready. the day shift clerk wrote a note asking the night shift clerk to call us when it was ready. at 4:30 my husband went back to the front desk and the night shift clerk said their was no reservation for that room and no note (but my husband seen the clerk on days wrte it) .then they tried to charge us more than quoted to us on the phone. the worse part of all was near our rooms theres a door that goes outside which is great during the daytime when you need to unload suitcases etc. you would think at night time they would lock it since it has a hotel room key reader outside but they dont so anyone can come in to the hotel 24.7. when we left about 4 in the morning there were people sleeping outside in their car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We apologize you did not enjoy your stay. Motel 6 as a franchise does not offer coffee makers or alarm clocks, nor does it offer refrigerator, microwave, or amenities like shampoo and conditioner. This is part of the franchise system requirements, so if you go to another Motel 6, you will see the same prototype in the room. We did have this before we became a Motel 6 and were required to remove it.
Seneca, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our room was ready and the staff was helpful although a little slow. This property needs alot of upgrades. Its dingy but fairly clean. The air conditioning on our floor and in our room was not working. The bed was pretty bad. This is a very noisy property. But...it was cheap. I would recommend paying $40-50 more and staying in one of the newer hotels/casinos.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience with the noise at the property. The property is fairly new and was built in 2006, with the recent conversion to Motel 6. Part of our renovation will include updating all mattresses in the rooms, of which we have already completed a good portion. We apologize you did not enjoy your stay and hope you will try us again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Room was ready, clean and everything was working/functioning. Staff was courteus and efficient.
Location was convenient to restaurants and gas stations and only 1 block off the interstate.Very nice accomodations for the price. I recommend it highly and will stay here again when I come back to Biloxi.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and vending machines
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hi and thank you for you review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next trip to Biloxi/Ocean Springs!
perkinston, ms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this Motel 6 on Cook Rd... The staff were soo friendly!! Sweet and funny ladies made me feel very welcome. This was the only thing I was impressed with. The hotel is very ran down. 1. The elevator needs some major work!! (use the stairs if your a lil scared of crappy elevators) 2. the room... The $ you pay to stay in their rooms, you could pay 10-20 more at another hotel and be much more satisified! The carpet is all stained up & smelly. Seriously needs a DEEP cleaning!! The room itself just looks very ran down. You have NO fridge, iron, ironing board, shampoo, coffee pot, etc. You are basically paying $60-70 for a bed and running water w/crappy tv that needs to be thrown from the roof.. 4. SECURITY CAMERAS NEEDED IF YOU KNOW YOUR HOTEL IS IN A CRAPPY NEIGHBORHOOD THAT HAS THEIFS!!! My husbands work truck was broken into and we lost several hundreds of dollars worth of work equiptment!!!! BOTTOM LINE THIS HOTEL NEEDS MAJOR RENOVATION OR DEEP CLEANING AND SOME SECURITY CAMERAS TO PROTECT YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. To satisfy you, we would have made an effort to accommodate you with another room, or a refund as most of the concerns you listed were ones that immediate upon check in or entry of the room.
You will notice that other Motel 6 properties will also not provide the amenities you listed. We actually had these amenities in our rooms prior to becoming a Motel 6, and were required to remove them after we converted. This is the model for this hotel brand.
Our property is located off of I-10, with 8 other hotel properties on the same exit, and large retail and restaurants such as Target, Wal-Mart, Outback, Chili's, Best Buy etc within a mile. We are not considered to be in a dangerous or undesirable area.
Our hotel is also equipped with a 24 hour security surveillance system with cameras around the entire property. We do have signage as required by Motel 6 Corporate advising guests to secure their valuables and not leave them in the vehicle. This sign will be at all Motel 6 properties.
We will review the housekeeping matters immediately. While there is nothing we can do for our 27" TVs that you found "crappy", we would like to thank you for your compliments on the staff, and apologize again for the inconvenience.

Been to Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs? Share your experiences!