“Exactly has advertised.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Balmoral Inn

Balmoral Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biloxi
Balmoral Inn
You added Balmoral Inn to your Saves list
120 Balmoral Ave, Biloxi, MS 39531   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Biloxi B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Arkansas
“Exactly has advertised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Lots of room, in a quiet area, in walking distance if you don't mind walking a little to get to the beach, just down the road from Edgewater Mall. We would describe the 1950's motel - as just that - a 1950's motel. The owner - Mike - super friendly. His website is 100% accurate. My family would prefer to stay at a little more modern establishment - not Mike's fault. The location is perfect, easy to get to restaurants - but allowed us to be in a quiet area without through traffic. Bathrooms are definitely "older" in appearance. Loved going out on front porch and looking at the Gulf - will always remember those moments.

Room Tip: If you don't mind older motel - this is perfect. We just prefer a little more modern rooms/part...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Demotte, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Love this place! Nice roomy apartment style stay! Very Pet Friendly! Lovely quiet residential neighborhood to walk with your dog! Away from the heart of Biloxi, but close enough to everything. Nice pool area. Beach access across the highway. Shopping down the street! Mike, the owner, super friendly and a wealth of area information. Has been our home away from home for a week. We hope to make it two weeks in 2013! If you need Vegas style hotel, try the Hard Rock or Beau Rivage. If you want privacy & relaxation, this is the place! You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fargo,ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed for a week at under $480 - what a value! Some of the Biloxi hotels charge that much for a Friday and Saturday night stay alone.
This is a 'guy' review but I loved the place. It is in a quiet residential area and only a very short distance to the beach and mall. Had plenty of space and a quiet nights sleep which are my priorities. Mike (the proprietor) was a wealth of knowledge about places to eat and visit and very happy to share and make my stay enjoyable. I shipped my bicycle out early and he was happy to store it for me and also kept it after I left until FedEx could come and pick it up.

Definitely not upscale lodging though so if that is important to you then go elsewhere. The 10 units are all in a one story rectangular building with the middle space allocated for washer/dryer, extra towels and bedding, etc. The building is cement block construction, the carpets are well worn, the TV's are old style (not flat screen), dishes are mismatched, etc.

However the high-speed internet worked awesome (can watch steamed Netflix movies without buffering). Had a full size refridgerator, microwave and mini-dishwasher. I was in unit 5 which I think is the one Mike did a video of on YOUTUBE with the Parrots on the wall (search for Balmoral Inn on YOUTUBE and check it out).

Would DEFINITELY reccomend if you are looking for a quiet nights sleep, plenty of space, kitchenette, high speed internet, within a short walk of the beach at a great price.

Also has the typical outdoor pool for lounging but not big enough for lap swimmng.I did swim in the gulf but that was a little weird since the water is coffee colored and very shallow (below my knees) until you get quite a ways out. I did find a local health club (EFitness) about 12 minutes away that was awesome and got my lap swims in. EFitness has both an indoor and outdoor 25 yard pools, steam room, sauna, hottub, tons of exercise equipment. I bought a weekly membership for $25. Mike says there are also comunnity centers and the Biloxi Natitorium that have swimming options for just a couple of bucks a day [I always like to get my exercise in when travelling because the all-you can eat buffets at the casinos can really pack in the calories].
Speaking of casinos - if you are looking for blackjack on the cheap would recommend Boomtown. I was always able to get in on their $3 limit blackjack table (they also had some others with higher minimums) and could lose a few hands without burning thru my budget. Did I say this was a 'guy' review?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

What a great place.Wanted to go to New Orleans.Could not get a room there so someone suggested Biloxi.When i typed in Biloxi Hotels Balmoral was the first to pop-up.Had good reviews so we booked it.It is great.I had a good feeling before we got there because of such nice e-mails from the owner.You will not go wrong staying there.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are the same.Huge-couch 2 recliners sofa bed fridge stove and DISHWASHER.Hu...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We booked the Balmoral Inn for 3 nights over the Mardi Gras holiday on our first trip to Biloxi because we make a point of staying in historic properties and because we were looking to save a few dollars by eating a few meals in. We were given room 5, the one with the parrot murals, which I found wonderfully kitschy. The good -- it is walking distance to the beach and to the local mall (if you're so inclined). The two-room apartments are large for the price, and fully furnished. It was great to come back after a day out and sink down into a comfortable couch to relax. It also meant that one of us could stay up later or get up earlier and read or watch t.v. without disturbing the other. The bathroom retains its original flooring and tiled walls, which we love. The king size bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. The closet area in the bedroom is the largest I've ever encountered. The kitchenette includes a large pantry and the cutest little countertop disherwasher I've ever seen. The coffee maker worked and the coffee provided was good. The bad -- the carpets desperately need to be changed. Plan to wear shoes or slippers. The pillows also need to be replaced. If you're staying long-term, bring your own. Same with the towels. Some of new, thick, and soft, but most are old, thin, and scratchy. I should have known not to trust a man when he says that the kitchen is "fully stocked." Stove and refrigerator in working order -- yes. Plates, cups, glasses, bowls, flatware -- yes. Decent knives -- no. Cooking utensils -- no. Pots and saucepans -- yes. Baking sheet or baking pan -- no. No towels, dishcloths, or sponges. No paper towels or napkins. Detergent packs for the dishwasher -- yes. No dishwashing liquid for the pans that won't fit in the dishwasher. No salt or pepper. I've learned, though, and so I brought my own pack of "necessities," which includes salt, pepper, a sharp knife, a roll of paper towels and a roll of foil.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Clean, comfortable, suites sport "Retro" furnishings. The atmosphere is casual,friendly andrelaxing due to host Mike who makes guests and their pets feel welcome. We enjoyed our stay as did our poodle.

Room Tip: End suites are convenient when taking pets outsidesince there is an area to relieve themselves.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

When I decided to take a vacation, I wanted to take my adopted shelter puppy with me. I looked for pet friendly places and found Balmoral Inn on the internet. What a find! Clean, huge apartment type suite with kitchen, full living room, computer desk equipped with WiFi and separate bedroom. Great clean pool and lots of grounds with a park across the street for Chocko, my pup. Although Tropical Storm Lee was the main event at the time, we still had a great time. Ms. Debbie, co-host with Mike, was so kind as to write up "a canine vacation plan" with a list of places to go with my best friend. I have already told all my friends.

Room Tip: Very quiet rooms. Kitchens are equipped with everything you need and a dishwasher!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo